PaWapiti 03-Jan-18
Salt 04-Jan-18
txhunter58 04-Jan-18
Stekewood 04-Jan-18
LINK 04-Jan-18
PaWapiti 04-Jan-18
olebuck 05-Jan-18
03-Jan-18
Thinking about a guided hunt with circle k in late september...anyone hunted with them recently?

03-Jan-18
Not recently. They hunt an area that is pretty heavily hunted by DIY guys, but of course they can get you pretty far in. I found them to be honest hard working people. That said, if you would be happy with any legal bull, then I would say go for it. If you are hoping to get a 300 bull, not so much.

03-Jan-18
Thanks txhunter58. we're looking for an over-the counter unit with accommodations. Other members of our party want to fish and sight see.

03-Jan-18
Great area for that. We are building a cabin in Rico, just north of Circle K. Dolores river is good fishing as is the West Dolores river. Good fishing with a boat west of there at Groundhog Reservoir. If you like that area (Groundhog), I have a lot for sale there! Have 2 and will sell one of them, and keep the other. Great area. I hunt all the way from Rico to Dunton to Groundhog. We were 2 for 3 on elk in muzzy season in that area this year. 5x5 and a cow.

03-Jan-18

StickFlicker's embedded Photo
StickFlicker's embedded Photo
The nice thing about hunting there, you can get a 44 oz Thirst Buster whenever you want!

03-Jan-18
They're one letter late from the worst ranch name ever.

03-Jan-18
I have hunted with them. Nice people they cater more to gun hunters who like to be in early for dinner. Save your money and hunt on your own from the Priest Gulch campground. Use them as a packer if you get one. Our bunkhouse was not exactly the Ritz. Cost about as much though.

04-Jan-18
PaWapiti nailed it. Agree with everything he said.

04-Jan-18
With their maps and knowledge of the area, they will give you a leg up the first year though. Whether that is worth the extra, that is up to you.

04-Jan-18
Good one Idyll

04-Jan-18
There were several bulls bugling down in Priest Gulch last September. Drop in off Taylor Mesa road. ;)

04-Jan-18
They have a big map in the main room the owner Al circled about 100,000 acres and said good luck they are somewhere in here. Not exactly helpful, but he was correct.

We found elk and had a good hunt but it wasn't due to any info from Circle K. PM me if you want I was there in 08. May go back someday, Its a beautiful area but won't be staying at Circle K.

05-Jan-18
i hunted there three times, well in that area. i stayed in a cabin at circle K once. they were really nice people and packed my elk out for me.

I killed a cow elk my first trip out there, and i had 2 opportunities on bulls,

Lots and lots of hunters

• Sitka Gear