huntabsarokee 04-Jan-18
IdyllwildArcher 04-Jan-18
Darrell 04-Jan-18
wyohunter1 04-Jan-18
wyohunter1 04-Jan-18
YZF-88 04-Jan-18
cnelk 04-Jan-18
04-Jan-18
Is there any way to find out how many archery hunters are in a type 1 unit? I have poked around but not been able to find any stats even showing how many archery permits are sold each year. Anyone know where to look? I'm considering applying for a type 1 tag this year and trying to figure out how much hunting pressure I might be dealing with. I've called the game warden but he hasn't called back yet. Any other suggestions?

04-Jan-18
Darrell, as far as I'm aware, those numbers of archers in a type 1 unit are unavailable. My best guess would be 25%.

04-Jan-18
I would think you can add up the tags available for a LE type 1 tag. But if you are asking about a General type 1 tag I would think you would only get an estimate from the surveys. I think they publish hunter days per unit and how many days per kill. Kind of like how many archery hunters hunt an OTC unit in CO? How would you know since you are free to hunt any OTC unit.

04-Jan-18
You can see the number of animals that were killed by archery hunters on Type 1 tags, it's at the bottom of they harvest report. But it doesn't say how many people archery hunted, as far as I've seen.

04-Jan-18
Thanks guys. I hadn't thought about looking at harvest reports. Definitely not a complete answer but at least some additional info.

04-Jan-18
Look at the harvest reports down towards the end, it shows harvest per method.

04-Jan-18
But I guess that doesn't show hunter numbers....sorry.

04-Jan-18
I've been wondering the same thing. Good idea to do the math backwards based on the harvest reports.

04-Jan-18
TopRut used to have the 'Harvest by Method' listed - #Archery bulls / #Firearm bulls - but I cant find it anymore.

I sent them an email asking about it

• Sitka Gear