jmiller 06-Jan-18
Heat 06-Jan-18
Treeline 07-Jan-18
Kodiak 07-Jan-18
Buffalo1 07-Jan-18
Whitetail 07-Jan-18
Treeline 07-Jan-18
04-Jan-18
Looking for a quality 3-5 day archery pronghorn hunt for my 17 year old son and I. Will be our first pronghorn hunt and looking at mid August ideally before his school starts. Thanks in advance for any recommendations and insight.

04-Jan-18
Do you have any points?

SD may be an option.

04-Jan-18
Might check with Fulldraw Outfitters in Colorado. I know the tags are over the counter.

04-Jan-18

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
Planning a DIY with son this year in S.D.. I've done Wy 3 times (DIY, Public) & no longer have points & S.D. is no draw. Antelope is pretty easy DIY & I could never justify $$ for a guided hunt. My hunts have all been in Aug., waterhole & though I have not filled every time, I've always had chances.

04-Jan-18
Wyoming is your best bet for a quality and cost effective option. Tons of goats, lots of guys guide and you should be able to get you and your son a hunt for $2-$3k total (and maybe less if you can find someone who gives discounts for kids).

If money isn't a big deal then head to Arizona or New Mexico for giants.

I would stay away from DIY unless you guys are really into it, have the gear and patience. Antelope hunting is a perfect father/son hunt. I would also ask the outfitter you hunt together as that's what antelope hunting was made for - you can talk and see them come from a long ways out.

A good antelope outfit will have you tagged out in 3 days or less. If you can swing it a antelope/mule deer hunt in your time frame is perfect.

04-Jan-18
Hunted NE Wyoming (gun) this last October & it was awesome. In that area you have great hunting plus multiple other things to see (Devils Tower, Badlands & Mount Rushmore). We were told that the east half of Wyoming is relatively easy to draw antelope tags but not the west half. Did draw gun tag 1st year.

04-Jan-18
Triple 3, speak with Jeff the new owner. As other s said.... Wyoming is the perfect place for your hunt.

Have fun !

04-Jan-18
If time is more of an issue than money - and you want to show your son a good time, get ahold of one of the following and you won't be disappointed:

Spearhead Ranch Moore Ranch Werner Ranch

04-Jan-18
Really appreciate the insight everyone. Unfortunately we don't have any points so will need to look at some of the other options. Again really appreciate all the feedback.

04-Jan-18
Some areas in Wyoming do not require points draw. Just sayin !

05-Jan-18
Get in touch with Routier Outfitting in SD. No points and good people.

05-Jan-18
I'll second Routier Outfitting. Awesome family and lots of antelope.

05-Jan-18
3X on Routier outfitting

05-Jan-18
Scoot that is an awesome picture. I cannot wait to get my daughters on an antelope hunt. That pic is very motivating.

05-Jan-18
TREESTANDWOLF, I thought Phil Rutt was the new owner/operator of Triple Three?

05-Jan-18
Yep Phil

717-940-5964

05-Jan-18
Nice antelope Scoot. I too agree that Wyoming is the best choice.

05-Jan-18
Crago Outfitters in SD is worth looking at as well. They’re great people with tons of land and a great set up.

06-Jan-18
I have max Antelope points in Wyoming.

Not sure if you 2 have any Wyo points but I have No problem sharing my points to give a Youth an experience at all.

I am not much of a sit all day type bow hunter for Antelope so it would mostly be Spot-n-Stalk.

Good luck, Robb

PS--I have done similar on my 16 Arizona Deer points to share and have fellow bow-siters Youth come bow hunt the Kaibab for Muleys. School and Football dates kinda hinder that opportunity with the Kaibab bow buck dates though.

06-Jan-18
Good luck with that head over to Arizona thing. We have a draw and no land owner tags and odds are dismal for residents and about 9X worse for NR.

06-Jan-18
My Dad and I just hunted Wyoming last fall, albeit with a rifle. We had 3 points and went in the Special Draw. Saw a ton of antelope and had a fantastic time. Already waiting until we can go back. SD is a great option that requires no points.

06-Jan-18
PS. My post was directed at one of Sage Buffalo's comments about 5 down from the top or so not Robb's.

07-Jan-18
That’s an awesome offer, Robb! Those points don’t come cheap...

I haven’t hunted SD. But Wyoming is amazing for speed goats. There are lots of units that can be drawn with no points and you may be able to get extra doe tags as well at a reduced price.

Since you are coming in from out of state, an outfitter will really help get you set up for success.

07-Jan-18
Robb, can a person share points with anyone? Just curious.

For antelope, there's Wyoming and then there's everyone else. Some units you'd almost have to TRY to not get one.

07-Jan-18
Werner Ranch, or Spearhead Ranch. If they do not have openings I would call Bowhunting Safari Consiltants.

Converse County Wyoming is the highest populated county in the world for pronghorn antelope. It is also the county for most record book entries of the species. Normally able to draw tag with no points.

07-Jan-18
Thanks for all the insight...really hoping things come together for us and appreciate all the information.

07-Jan-18
Good luck! Let us know your decision!

• Sitka Gear