The last savage 16-Jan-18
PAstringking 16-Jan-18
MathewsMan 17-Jan-18
4406v 17-Jan-18
huntabsarokee 17-Jan-18
SoDakSooner 18-Jan-18
geoffp 20-Jan-18
10-Jan-18
I was thinking about going to this show. Has anyone ever attended? It is about a 5 hour drive for me. Is it worth the trip?

10-Jan-18
Its a fantastic show ,tons of vendors,if your looking for it you can find it there,,tip,,go during the week,,and if you stay in a local bigger hotel,,most offer free shuttle to and from the show,,,10 bucks to park..

10-Jan-18
Savage x2

10-Jan-18
Yes, worth the trip. I go every year and have an enjoyable day every time.

10-Jan-18
I'll be there on Monday. Agree on the previous posts Go During the week.

Chris

10-Jan-18
I live a little over an hour away and I've never been to one of these industry shows. What's the draw?

10-Jan-18
Probably been to that show 20 straight years , it has got better . IMO, not worth a 5 hour ride .

10-Jan-18
yinzer, Day off work for me and walk around with buddies. My son may come along this year too. The outfitter room is massive and worth it just to check out the taxidermy.

10-Jan-18
Live about 20 minutes away. Started going in the early 80's and have watched it turn into a huge flea market. Used to be able to get good deals on the last day or so....no more. If i get there, I get there. If I don't, well there's always Amazon.

10-Jan-18
Oh....and they sell beer!!!!

10-Jan-18
Elk Yinzer- I used to go mainly for the seminars when they had them. Now I go to see the latest gear(and pick stuff up and fondle it ;-) that I could not do in an online catalog. Usually you find stuff there that you don't see anywhere else. And you can usually get a good deal, save on shipping or if you go the last day can really get a steal because they don't want to pack up left over inventory.

Also cool to see what is out there as far as hunting outfitters and trips and to look at all the new stuff in the hunting world. SOme of the demos are pretty cool too.

I usually go 2 days because you just can't see it all in one. ;-)

10-Jan-18
Thanks for all the great feedback!

10-Jan-18
I was an exhibitor there in the outfitter hall for 10 years. I heard it’s gotten better since the NRA took over. Reed Expo sucked. It is a good place to be able to pick up the newest products. Best day for deals is the last day. The less an exhibitor has to carry back out the door the better.

10-Jan-18
Big show and almost always a great place to catch the Harrisburg Crud. That is what show folks, (The Road Warriors), called a form of flu. Always got sick at H'burg and took it to Lansing to spread it around.

10-Jan-18
I've been maybe 3 or 4 times. I always thought it was pretty cool. I didn't care for the long walk and the parking fee for the privilege to do that long walk.

10-Jan-18
I think you gave it to me in Lansing one year John!

10-Jan-18
Yes, If you want to see it all you most likely need two days. I don't look to hard at the gun stuff or fishing, so I can get through it in a day. At about 5pm it starts to clear out and you can get around a lot easier. Not sure if Bass Pro Shop in Harrisburg still runs buses from there place to the show. I think it was free to park and to free for bus, but look into that with B-Pro. Ed

10-Jan-18
Don’t forget Novi. The bug made it’s way there too!

10-Jan-18
Bear Track-I tried for three years to give it Tink. By the time everybody got through with ATA, SHOT Show and H'Burg, we were all sick. Didn't get well until abut Madison.

10-Jan-18
Come by the Guardian Hunting booth for a free tag guardian for bowsiters!

11-Jan-18
The show has gotten better since the NRA took it over. A lot less "flea market" type booths. I drive in mid week from 2 hours out and it is a nice full day of browsing. Usually check out everything except camper, boat and fishing halls. I don't go for the celebrity hunters but you may just bump into one as you walk around. Always get some kind of good deal too. It is the best place to get Muck boots as one stand from the Lancaster area (can't remember the name) has a good selection for about 25% less than anywhere else.

11-Jan-18
Wife and I make the 7 hour drive every year. We typically leave home early afternoon on Friday, pull in for dinner and a beer or 3, then hit the show all day Saturday, drive home Sunday. What else we going to do in february?

We have booked hunts there, we like meeting face to face. 2016 we found our outfitter there, we had a list to check into and stumbled across one with openings, got a good vibe, did internet checks during lunch and rolled the dice and won!

13-Jan-18
Grew up in south central pa. Would go to this show every year... went midweek my senior year of high school with my uncle... met an outfitter from Montana and before I knew it I was offered a job.... been a Montana resident ever since... that was over 27 years ago now...

13-Jan-18
I like 30 min from the show. Ill be going most likely after work when the crowds arent bad.

13-Jan-18
I go every year. This year I'll be there on the 9th. Focusing on talking with mountain goat outfitters.

13-Jan-18

13-Jan-18
My son and I went last year. That is a REALLY BIG SHOW. It took me three days to walk through everything. Best outdoor show that I have ever been to and I hope to be able to go again someday.

14-Jan-18
I haven’t been to it in years, I am about 3 hours away from it. I guess I just haven’t had a compelling reason to go.

14-Jan-18
I go every year to see the latest in archery gear, newest bows on the market. Myself and 5 other guys have a blast there. We spend most of the time speaking with outfitters. This year going to iron out all the small details of my September Montana elk hunt. We are from Northern N.J. and it's about 3 hr ride.

14-Jan-18
I live about 35-40 mins south of the show not far off i-81. I enjoy getting up once or twice throughout the show, though since the kids showed up, i havent gotten up more than once. The girls love going up to see the mounts, pictures and they love seeing the hunting dog seminars. At 4 and 7, the more exposure i can get them with that type of stuff, the happier i am. We used to be sure to swing by the "celebrity" hunters booths, but do not waste time doing that any more. Shot in the 3-D tourn one year, that was cool. Would like to do that again sometime. Overall, its a pretty cool trip every year for us, and it isnt a far drive so if it doesnt go well, no biggie.

14-Jan-18
Seems there’s some that wish to meet outfitters in person to book hunts .We have never been to trade shows and keep any advertising at a bare minimum so as to pass those saved expenses onto providing the best possible hunts. I always perceived that an outfitter in business for many years should be able to retain and recruit clients through performance based word of mouth.Trade shows in our area are seen as a last resort not a desired method of client booking.Shows are expensive and somehow the clients will need to pay for them either through higher prices or reduced efforts or inputs.Opinion only

14-Jan-18
Tsi, I'm not sure what u mean??

15-Jan-18
We used to go all the time. We made an annual trip out of it, but haven't gone in about seven years with no real interest in going back. It is cool to look at the mounts, and I used to get good deals on some things there, but those seemed to be less and less every year so we stopped going and haven't been back.

15-Jan-18
I've been going for years. It is a four hour drive. I take my wife because it's a chance to get out of town for a couple of days. She tolerates the show for me and one the way home we stop at a store in Lewisburg pa. that she likes. It works out great.

16-Jan-18
TSI how can it be a liability? It’s the only method of marketing where prospective clients can actually meet the outfitter face to face to ask questions in person and see if their personalities are a match. It’s nice to be on the same page as the person you will be spending a week or more with. And remember... it might be hard to imagine but not everyone uses the internet!

16-Jan-18
Liability??? MP is right on...if spoken to MANY outfitters there that have said they get more clients from only a few 3/4 shows that they can afford to or choose to attend than from any other resource.

16-Jan-18
Since my last comment was deleted....

I will be there all week. Kinda hard not to be when I am 2.4 miles from the front door.

17-Jan-18
We had a booth there last year and compared to the ISE shows like in Denver or Sacramento, it is about 30 times larger. Just the hunting area was like 6 ISE shows. Almost too many outfitters and hunts.

17-Jan-18
I went to the show the last two years by accident. Just happened to be in Harrisburg that weekend so we went. Both times I really enjoyed it but you should plan on a whole day (the place is HUGE) with lots to see and do. Wish I was "accidentally" going this year :(

17-Jan-18
Will probably go as we are about 1 1/2 hours away. Took my 5 year old last year and he had a blast. Did the trout pond, rock wall, and shot some stick bows. Of course he bough some hunting/shooting toys as well. I said the other night well your sister goes this year since I don't want to take them both out of school and he was pissed.

18-Jan-18
I was in Harrisburg last year for work and went by one evening. It was fun. Lots to see and do. Don't know how far I would travel to go to it, but it was worth the price of admission. Even lucked out on parking and found a rare spot I didn't have to pay for.

20-Jan-18
Guys - I will be in booth 3710 (Outdoor Vision, www.outdoorvisiongear.com) from late afternoon of 2/8 through 2/11). Please stop and say hi if you are there. Always like to meet fellow Bowsiters!! - Geoff Patti

• Sitka Gear