Wind blowing left to right 15mph

What do you do?

16-Jan-18
Pass!! All day long.

Don’t like the look I’m getting!!

16-Jan-18
No shot yet

16-Jan-18
I agree, PASS. Quartering to is not a good shot.

16-Jan-18

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
Having bowhunted Goats 3 different times I have "never" known the wind to "not" blow where ever I've been.. I guess that's where a little more experience comes into play.

16-Jan-18
Pass, it looks like you're busted, or at the least they know something isn't right. Bad shot angels as well.

16-Jan-18
I never consider a head on shot, even on a small Antelope unaware.. I wait for the one I want or pass.

16-Jan-18
Just wait it out and then decide. Looks like the doe is going to commit and the buck may follow. Either way they have to turn broadside to leave.

16-Jan-18
Wait

16-Jan-18
Pass, not a shooter anywhere I have hunted.

16-Jan-18
I’m shooting. You’ll probably never get another crack at a goat like that in Iowa, especially on public land!

16-Jan-18
I would be fine shooting that buck on public with only a day left. However I think he would dodge the arrow! Pronghorn are wired and I swear their eyes are so good they see the arrow coming and sidestep it (unfortunately I know this from experience)

16-Jan-18
Boom; the STW loves frontals on Does.

16-Jan-18
Take one of the broadside does off to the right.

16-Jan-18
I am waiting in hopes that he comes to the water and gives me a closer shot and better shot angle.

16-Jan-18
midwest X 2.

Nice buck for me since I've never killed a pronghorn. But, a nice doe broadside, within range would change that "Never killed a pronghorn" dilemma. "

16-Jan-18
There wasn't a shot there for me. For some on here there may be, but not me. Would be a good goat to put an arrow in no doubt.

16-Jan-18
Arrow would pass through shoulder and hip and still be going

16-Jan-18
Never killed a doe 'lope in my life, but the broadside one was begging for a shot. Not the buck though, got to have a little more wiggle room or breath smelling distance.

16-Jan-18
As wary as those goats are there's not a shot opportunity for me on any of em at that range. Guessing 35 or so yds? I haven't shot at lots of pronghorn but I have shot at enough to know their reaction time makes a spooky whitetail look like it's moving in slow motion. It's difficult to pass on shots you'd normally take on a deer, but it's not a deer. that's just how I would handle it .

16-Jan-18
Pretty sure I’ve got nothin’ here, but at the range and at stickbow speeds, a jumpy goat would be long gone... so maybe take a shot at a doe because the color pattern offers a really good mark.

The buck doesn’t offer much of a shot and is not interesting enough to worry about waiting for a better opportunity. Doe today, another shot at a buck tonight or tomorrow....

17-Jan-18
Pass and wait for his bigger brother. Easy to say when you can goat hunt every year.

Did you kill him?

17-Jan-18
I would wait til he is not looking....allow for the reaction and let her rip. Decent public land goat....1 day left and frontal shots are deadly if you`ve done a lot of them. You are either going to kill him or miss completely.

17-Jan-18
I'd wait til he got out to 88 yards and then Lee Lakosky his A$$!

JK!

17-Jan-18
No shots for the two on the left. Depending on what unfolds with them, if the doe on the right stays unaware and in her current position, I'd take a shot at her (recurve).

17-Jan-18
I’d be ok, my crossbow is super fast

• Sitka Gear