That is an understatement. Unreal.

20-Jan-18
Very good video, three great rams too!

20-Jan-18
Fantastic!

20-Jan-18
Awesome video and three great Rams.

20-Jan-18
Ok I'll say it, how dare you post a gun hunt on bowsite!!!! Now that i posted the dramma haters need not post.

Don made two awesome shots at a pretty good poke.

20-Jan-18
My legs hurt just watching that video.

Pat this video isn't fake news so CNN has no interest in it.

20-Jan-18
Awesome video. Well done.

Stones are on the list...

20-Jan-18
Coming from a guy that admittedly isn’t a Jason or Kuiu fan in the least....that was excellent.

20-Jan-18
I enjoyed that

20-Jan-18
Well done!

20-Jan-18
Great, I gun hunt too, but this is supposed to be a bowhunting site.

20-Jan-18
Brendan shot his with a bow.

20-Jan-18
It's been 40 years since I sheep hunted, and looking at this, my mind says "Do it", but the body says "Really! Are you kidding?" Thank God for memories.

20-Jan-18
Gorgeous rams! Great video!!thx Robb

20-Jan-18
"not just a hunt but a pure test". Isn't that why we do it? my best, Paul

20-Jan-18
Really enjoyed that. It's what all hunting films should be like.

Don Jr really makes me proud of America, and proud to be an American, in a time when I really wonder if our country can even survive its downward social/cultural spiral.

Thanks for posting this, it made my day and gives me hope.

20-Jan-18
good reminder that I am a flatlander, it is all about the legs which mine are gone; good hunt and can't beat youth.

20-Jan-18
Pat...Could you imagine the hatchet job CNN would have done if this is what they had to work with?

20-Jan-18
That was a great video.

20-Jan-18
Nice video, they do a real professional edit job with good taste in music.

Josh

20-Jan-18
Nicely done.

20-Jan-18
Great video. Makes me want to get up and try a hunt like that!

20-Jan-18
Outstanding all the way around.

20-Jan-18
Its nice to know that Don jr is not only a sportsman....but a hard core one at that.

AND a darn good rifle shot!

20-Jan-18
Very cool... August can't get here fast enough! :) Mike

20-Jan-18
Beautiful video. Proud to have Don Jr in our hunting fraternity.

20-Jan-18
Wow. I guess its not a hunt for out of shape, flatland, treestand hunters... Super video...!!!

20-Jan-18
Dang, i must be weird. The video was good i guess, but the constant brand name on something every other frame and the staged scenes just arent enjoyable for me anymore. Id waaaaay rather read a hunt thread like the many weve been treated to here the last week than watch a minute of that video. I think my time here at bowsite and the great hunters/adventurers has done something inside of me where the commercial hunting scene just isnt interesting to me anymore. The born n raised stuff was great stuff and i couldnt get enough. Ive never hunted sheep, never will so maybe i just dont "get it" like other guys. But though its obviously a feat, just was blah to me and i probably stand alone in that. You put the "kodiak drunken slaughter", kevins "15 days alone", the paul's adventure in a book or a video, im not stopping until its over and then im going to check it out again and again.

20-Jan-18
guys..no doubt these videos ate done for product marketing so expenses can be written off..hence the advertising on all the equipment. if I would have had a camera guy I would have done this for an elk hunt i took for my line of longbows i was building. my tax guy laid out what I needed to do to write it all off. these videos are for product marketing purposes by the owner so just don't lose sight of that. if you read the comments many are asking what the gear was they used...people want to know that stuff so you have to show them

20-Jan-18
Thoroughly enjoyed the video. Special congrats to Brendan for this accomplishment with the bow.

Another thought I find interesting, maybe irrelevant to some. Donald Jr. obviously does some extreme hunting. To the degree many hunters would not, or could not, endeavor to do, much less your average person. He also receives Secret Service protection. I wonder if he has agents with him on all his hunts? First, how many agents does the Secret Service have available who can actually be able and effective on hunts like these? I am guessing they mostly recruit agents comfortable in urban settings. Second, if they go, they must affect the logistics and execution of the hunt. Don Jr. probably has to deal with their presence on most, if not all, hunts he does.

When I was a high school senior in Colorado, I lived next door to a couple whose son was hired as a Secret Service agent. When he showed up on the job they were disappointed he had shaved his moustache and trimmed his hair. Turns out they didn't want him to look like an agent. And, they hired him because he was an excellent downhill skier and outdoorsman. They were specifically hiring him for Kennedy details because their agents couldn't ski. They had to wait at the top and bottom of the ski lift which left the subjects unprotected most of the time.

OK, so how does this relate to Bowsite? The Secret Service just might be looking for some young hunters to get paid to go on some great hunts. The Trump boys will have protection details for life. And I bet Don Jr. won't be done hunting soon!

20-Jan-18
He opted out of daily secret service protection.

20-Jan-18
Muskrat..... I can't believe that you are complaining about a rifle hunt video being posted here...... When it is the son of the President..........

This is fantastic for all of hunting........

Thank God the child of the President is not Chelsea Clinton.........

20-Jan-18
LIKE !!!

20-Jan-18
Damn. You have to admit it would be an interesting gig.

20-Jan-18
I believe it was in September that Jr. opted out of secret service protection.

20-Jan-18
Cool video. I think if I owned a hunting equipment company and filmed my hunts, you'd see no less pimping of my stuff. I didn't feel like it was over the top. I love it that DJT Jr isn't hiding the fact that he's hunting, to the contrary, putting the entire hunt online for the world to see. I love it.

20-Jan-18
Great video, rolling at the sheep show at the KUIU booth too. Makes America and Canada proud, at least us hunters. Guess Prince George,BC was buzzing when the crew came thru last August enroute to the hunt.

The vide shows what stone sheep hunting is about. Not a whole lot easy about it!

20-Jan-18
I'm not, nor will I ever be, a sheep hunter. I'll get that out of the way first, but I don't see one thing to complain about in that video. It's not good because it's sheep hunting, it's not good because Donald Jr. is hunting, it's just good because it is. The advertising doesn't bother me at all, I guess because I don't pay attention to it. I was too busy looking at the pristinely beautiful country that the hunt took place in. Just to get there is an accomplishment ! And the fact that the sheep fell in the ONLY position that it could have without sliding off the edge of the world was nothing short of miraculous. I thoroughly enjoyed it, thanks for posting it up Robb !

20-Jan-18
Cool vid . Thanks for posting it. Peace

20-Jan-18
Great hunt !! Don jr was raised up right !

20-Jan-18
That video did a great job of giving the viewer the perspective of what a sheep hunt is. Well done. I’ll take the advertisements no problem!

It is great there is a HUNTER who is the SON of the President. That’s a good voice and proponent to have.

21-Jan-18
I think the horses had KUIU bridles on.....a little much...we got the gist. lol Just think how everything has to fall into place to kill one with a bow. All that country and you and that animal have got to get together in such a small area.

21-Jan-18
As I posted on another site, my son Matt was the videographer for this hunt. He very much enjoyed his time with DTJ, Jason and Brendon. Matt said DTJ was usually the first up the mountain and was in great shape. They ran out of food at the end so they lived on sheep-on-a -stick. Matt said Jason dropped some serious cash at the first convenience store they came to when they got to civilization. .

21-Jan-18
Drycreek x's 2. ^^^^

Awesome country to experience!

21-Jan-18
Good video, glad he got his sheep but I thought rifle hunts weren't allowed on bowsite? Only kids hunt I thought were allowed? So what's the exception here?

21-Jan-18
Lighten up Francis

21-Jan-18
“Good video, glad he got his sheep but I thought rifle hunts weren't allowed on bowsite? Only kids hunt I thought were allowed? So what's the exception here?”

Well, since the OWNER of the site has posted on the thread and doesn’t have a problem with it, it really doesn’t matter what the exception here is but I can think of a couple;

1. It’s a sheep hunt. It always cracks me up that the only people who complain about rifle sheep hunts on the Bowsite are those who have never bowhunted sheep...

2. It’s the President of the United States son! That is a huge positive to have a hunter so close to the President rather than an ANTI.

3. It is an EXCELLENT representation of a sheep hunt. It shows even if you are UBER rich, you cannot buy an “easy” fair chase sheep hunt.

Think about it. Is KUIU even a sponsor of the Bowsite? And the owner did not throw him off for blatant advertising...it’s an excellent view into a sheep hunt, Sitka Gear is not in here complaining; and I’m sure every one of their execs would say it is an excellent film and “we” need to top it. Competition with “them” is a great thing for “us”.

just take ALL the positives and let the owner of the site police the content.

Just goes to show the only thing people love to do is complain. Seems some of you, given a million dollars would complaining that it is not ten million dollars.

Thanks Pat and Charlie for a fine platform to share experience, knowledge, and adventures!

21-Jan-18
Was a little surprised they didn't edit the f-bombs out. I assume it would be a video that any family might watch, but I guess that is becoming the nature of our society and you will hear it anywhere now.

21-Jan-18
Love this for many reasons. I have no issue whatsoever with it being a rifle hunt, and anyone who says they do is being disingenuous. Classy, well done (aside from the language) and represents all of Hunting perfectly. Only sad part is that 99%+ of us can only dream of this hunt. It’s now mostly for the wealthy or celebrity with few exceptions. They failed to mention that.

Im not a huge Trump fan, but I’m glad such a high profile political figure did this and did it well. Kudos.

21-Jan-18
Have to agree with you on that point, buckfevered.

21-Jan-18
Well, I am a huge trump fan, think the entire family is good, like Jr. However, regardless of the so called positives I have seen to many guys get hammered by the owner and others when they have posted a rifle hutnt/ pic. So the exception is made because it Don Jr? Seems like the kiss up factor is In play. When regular members can't post a pic and it's taken down and the vast majority of members chime in and thrash the poster on how this is a bowhunting site only. Sort of how democrats act, what's the word? Oh yea, hypocritical.

21-Jan-18
Great video thanks for sharing it.

21-Jan-18
Some folks will always want to focus on the one little rotten spot on an otherwise delicious, free apple.

21-Jan-18
LB..... What's the exception here ???? It's the President of the United States son.......

If you don't see the significance of that as a positive for all of hunting.... then you have your head in the sand......

21-Jan-18
very nice video

21-Jan-18
Big bear, it's a rifle hunt on bowsite, which time and time again I see others get hammered for posting rifle hunt/pics. So regular members can't and shouldn't but since it don Jr it's ok, fine . Just saying, it's hypocritical, and unfair to those who regularly Support this site who can't share their rifle kills. You think because Don Jr is hunting that this video is going to change minds on hunting? Guys on bowsite don't need to be convinced. Remember the last time the Don Jr and Eric posted pics on their African Safari trophies, that didn't do a whole lot of good for hunting.

21-Jan-18
Is it fair when the Presidential motorcade comes through town and they shut down the freeway and you have to wait a half hour to proceed.... and it makes you late to where you're going ??

Do you or I get that same treatment ??? That's life man....

I'd rather have the President's son in a rifle hunt video here on the Bowsite.......

Than have the President's daughter who's in charge if the Clinton Foundation..... if the witch had won.......

21-Jan-18
Big bear, national security with the presidential motorcade rolling through town is not the same as Jr hunting sheep and it being posted on bowsite lol come on now.

21-Jan-18
It's Pats site.... he can set the rules as he pleases and bend the rules as he pleases.... rifle coyote kills are posted here regularly......

If you can't live with that then oh well...... There are much more important things to worry about......

21-Jan-18
LB,

If you don’t like it, you could always start your own site...

Sheep hunts, bow or rifle, except for very fortunate individuals are RARE. I’ve been on one with my rifle and one with my recurve. I have a few left in me but it is all up to the draws and a lot of saving. I, like most who have sheep hunted, appreciate seeing ANY sheep hunting; it brings back great memories. Again, thank you Pat and Charlie I appreciate your platform.

21-Jan-18
Wow.. the politics never end.. great hunt for some Ambassadors of hunting. Let’s see how they try to protect public hunting.. awesome video

21-Jan-18
Great video, congrats to all.

21-Jan-18
The best part of life is observing people. We are a trip.

21-Jan-18
Shrewski, I guess I could and if I did I would hold myself to the same rules as I apply to members who support my site, just seems to be the fair way to go. These excuses made here for some sound very similar to our politicians who want to pass laws for us peasants to abide by, but yet, they themselves don't have to follow.

21-Jan-18
I don't look at myself as a "member" of the Bowsite......

"Member" implies that membership dues are paid, and with membership would come some privileges.......

This is a free site..... free to come.......... free to go......

21-Jan-18
:-)

If “if’s and butts were candy and nuts”...

Quite a bit of difference between a privately funded internet site and a democracy but nice stretch! Hah.

Anyway, I choose to focus on the positives and follow the rules and that works for me. I’ve got nothing against you for sure, just pointing out it is not your sandbox.

And I’m looking forward drawing my Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, or Arizona sheep tag. Or my next Colorado tag, the Desert, as I had my chance on the Rocky and want to give all the others their chance.

I appreciate every item posted here for me to learn for the future and reminisce about the past.

21-Jan-18
Well done like every Kuiu video. Disappointed that some us try so hard to find the negative in something.

That hunt is the epitome of why we do this. Wild places. Fair chase. Big challenge.

I’ve never hunted with a rifle but I’ll watch that any day.

Scott

21-Jan-18
They HUNTED the sheep.

What a journey.. thanks again Rob for sharing!

21-Jan-18
Great video!

Man some people will just complain about anything! At the same time I read everybody's comments so I must find entertainment in them haha.

21-Jan-18
Sweet video & some solid shooting!!

21-Jan-18
Great video! Really enjoyed it! First hunter killef a stone sheep with a bow.

21-Jan-18
The first sheep was taken with a bow. Unfortunately the shot didn't end up on the film, but there was a guy bowhunting.

21-Jan-18
Great hunt, video, shots, and recovery. Thanks for sharing the link. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise!

21-Jan-18
when my son was filming this hunt he was with DTJ and Jason to get their kills on tape ( I think he did a good job but I am prejudiced). Brendon was in another drainage and killed his ram with his bow but no cameraman to record....... shame but still a great video in my opinion.

21-Jan-18
13:46.....Double missed poorly timed fist bump fail......hahahahahahahahhahahhahha....

21-Jan-18
It was an awesome video and I'm glad it was shared here.

21-Jan-18
I clicked on this thread to see if anyone else was taken back by the F bombs. I think it is extremely poor taste when doing a professional video like that to have F bombs but in current society it probably just helped to make the film cool.

21-Jan-18
I really enjoyed this video and I usually don't care for sheep hunts. Not that there is anything wrong with sheep hunts. I just know it is something that I will never have the honor of hunting. That's not a complaint, just reality. This video was cool not just because Don JR. was in it. The video showed the ruggedness and beauty of the land quite well. Thanks for sharing.

21-Jan-18
Bowfreak,poor taste,arrogant,and kinda stupid when your promoting product imo.

21-Jan-18
I was so focused on watching what was going on, I did not notice the “F” bomb until I watched it a second time after reading these comments.

Full disclosure I specifically try to zone out when Jason talks so am not surprised.

He is smart enough to edit that out, that is low class.

21-Jan-18
Great video, those guys, tough, tough, hard hunters, for sure.

21-Jan-18
I don't mind admitting it, that's one hell of a lot more work than I'm willing to do.

21-Jan-18
Great watch. Beautiful country.

22-Jan-18

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Don Jr. great grandfather was up in the Yukon during the gold rush days running a resturant among other business pursuits building the family fortune .

22-Jan-18
I wished they would have edited the f bombs out cause I know how easily Treeline-Tavis is offended by such harsh language...

Just talked to Brendan at the Sheep Show and we were reviewing the past fall and he mentioned he got a Stone sheep with his bow failed to mention it was with Don Jr....!!!

22-Jan-18
That’s it right there, plain and simple. Doesn’t get any better. Outstanding.

22-Jan-18
There's sheep hunting and there's everything else, I enjoyed this video alot!

22-Jan-18
Outstanding! Very well done.

22-Jan-18
I enjoyed the F-bombs. I live in the real world, not a PG rated fantasyland. I want it real.

Everyone in this new culture of ours just can't wait to be 'offended' by something. Grow a pair, gents.

22-Jan-18
Great video! It brought back some fantastic memories. I was stationed in Alaska twice during my 21 years in the military and was fortunate enough to kill four rams in four different mountain ranges. Two of those hunts were with my dad who I lost two years ago this last November. Those are treasured memories. There is nothing like sheep hunting in the wilderness and eating fresh backstrap skewered on a willow branch...

22-Jan-18
Sweet!!!

Great hunt, great ram, great video of a great guy!

Mark

22-Jan-18
Kodiak, sorry some of us offended you. I seem to live in a real world where the f-bomb is not used in everyday business language, and if this video is made for promotional purposes, then that's when it becomes business. Like stated above, it has become part of everyday societal language but that does not mean it something that should be broadcast. Funny how those wanting people to "live in the real world" and quietly have tolerance for the things we don't necessarily like are the first to lack tolerance in letting us have our opinion.

22-Jan-18
Kodiak, I have a horrible potty mouth myself - lots of construction and mining work doesn't help. Pretty sure any video I was in would require massive edits to language! But, perhaps it should have been edited for the general public. It is an awesome video and it would be a great one for the GP but will get some flack because of a few f-bombs. Editing would just be a bit more professional.

22-Jan-18
Yeah, you should definitely be more offended by someone's dislike of f-bombs in a video made public than the f-bombs themselves. #RealWorld#HighClass

23-Jan-18
Kodiak, that’s a part of the “real world” I have no interest in being a part of. A video promoting my sport doesn’t need it to be “cool” or relevant. As much as I loved it for that reason I’m not sharing it. My guess is that Don JR wouldn’t want his youngsters seeing it. Vulgarity doesn’t make someone tough and that’s a promise. Not offended, just have more class than that.

23-Jan-18
Since we don't know where Bulelk1 got the footage, it is possible that this is a "rough draft" of the final video....where F-bombs might be removed, before it is used for promotional purposes. Darned good video IMO.

23-Jan-18
Jake, The video was on the KUIU Facebook page.

23-Jan-18
Awesome. My favorite KUIU video yet. Have to live vicariously through these guys since I don't think I'll ever have the money to chase sheep.

23-Jan-18
Darned good!

Dreams into memories...

24-Jan-18
Awesome hunt and video. The language...... would have been very simple and easy to edit a bit. Have no problem with such in the locker room or in a hard core hunting camp. But I really would hesitate to show it to my granddaughter. Yeah, that makes me a grandpa. "gitoff my lawn!!!..." If you're OK with such with your pre teen.... well, that's up to you..... good luck..... "real" or not.... it's completely unnecessary.

Cool to see the son of the President on a HARD CORE hunt. Pretty nifty to, made a great shot..... with a rifle, but a great shot none the less...... MAHA....... Make America Hunt Again.... =D

28-Jan-18
Great video and very realistic of the challenges Art's area holds. I got my Booner sheep there in 2003 on day 13 of a tough 14 day hunt and was the first hunter to fly in Art's new Husky plane that is in the video. I turned down a legal ram on day 3 and then went 9 more days until I spotted a bigger legal ram. I rolled the dice and got lucky but I knew Art's area held big rams. Probably my favorite hunt of all-time so far. Art let me pay for the hunt over a three-year span and also let me take my ram home BEFORE I paid my trophy fee to him the next year at the Sheep Show. He is a great outfitter and you should contact him or Quintin if you have this dream. Maybe he will make you a deal like he did for me?

I am so glad that Don Jr. is a hunter and a mountain hunter. It gives me hope for my kids' future in hunting. Yes, the language shown is a bit rough but I doubt the KUIU consumer will care much. I doubt my kids can afford KUIU unless I buy it for them so it's doubtful they will see the video anyway. I am looking at the positives. When I shot my NM bighorn and it rolled and fell of a 200' cliff, I too said the fbomb on tape. It was an accurate representation of my horror. Thankfully, my ram suffered only minor damage from the fall. I am looking at both rams right now and I wouldn't change a thing. I am sure Jason was upset when he missed the first shot after so much effort. Luckily, his second shot was good. As the earlier post said, "Lighten up Francis." This video is great for our past-time.

28-Jan-18
If accepting the F word as standard practice in the real world is the key to having balls, I'll be a eunuch.

29-Jan-18
Please consider that many people in Don Jr's situation would simply pay a bunch of guides to find and sit on a group of rams, then fly in with a helicopter and fill his tag as soon as the law would allow. I think it's amazing that he has the integrity and drive to go on the same sheep hunt that you or I would book if we wanted to kill a stone sheep, backpack tent and all. This guy is a total class act and I'm proud to have him in our ranks. To me, this is big, really big. The video is real life but I expect the language will be edited for public viewing.

29-Jan-18
I can't believe the biggest discussion about the video is an f bomb........

What a pansy ass bunch we are.... Maybe they can edit it so we won't get our panties all caught up in our ass cracks.... sheesh.....

29-Jan-18
big bear I could agree more...Good Lord it doesn't even deserve a mention

29-Jan-18
Yup

29-Jan-18
Great hunt !! Congrats to all hunters and guides!!

29-Jan-18
Takes all kinds. Even some clowns, i guess.....

29-Jan-18
I wear Kuiu and sometimes I say F#$&. See ya in hell boys! :)

Great video!

29-Jan-18

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
I've been blessed with many assorted bowhunts but never a desire to Sheep hunt. I see where they were, how it was & enjoyed it all. This "was" a hunt in every way. I'm guessing difficult for all regardless & for sure rewarding. Enjoyed it all. I totally agree with everything shrewski said too.

29-Jan-18
I liked the video and thought there was an opportunity for improvement.

Especially given it is Don Jr. they could have done a little snip it on taking all meat. You see them eat a little, but with the idea of "Trophy" Hunting etc. I wish they had a little video showing all the meat getting bagged are taken for consumption. You see the heads.

Again I really like the video, but would have been great to see Don Jr. cutting off a back strap and saying how tasty it was going to be...

29-Jan-18
What Big Bear said...

29-Jan-18
F-in' great video!

29-Jan-18
What the End said x7......

• Sitka Gear