Sage Buffalo 26-Jan-18
Turkeyhunter 26-Jan-18
Aubs8 26-Jan-18
JasonInIowa 26-Jan-18
Buskill 26-Jan-18
Stekewood 27-Jan-18
bowhunt2eat 02-Feb-18
25-Jan-18
I have been moose hunting in Newfoundland 3 times before, all with a rifle. My father has been with me and we wanted to go back again, using a bow for me, rifle for my dad. I would appreciate any suggestions on outfitters. We were planning on traveling to Harrisburg for the North American Outdoors show next week, but he is undergoing cancer tx and his immune system is pretty compromised and he can't be in public. Thank you. Eric

25-Jan-18
Mt Top Outfitters,-- www.mountaintopoutfitters.ca They have donated 4 hunts to the CBA's banquet and all hunters were successful, bow or rifle. $4500. Tell them that Paul from the CBA sent you. my best, Paul

26-Jan-18
Seven times with Moose Valley Outfitters / Dean Macdonald. You have to call them. I will PM your more info. It is a real hunt..............no argos. trucks, or quads unless you count the quads in your legs.

26-Jan-18
Dean has a great set up and hunt. My father and I had a fantastic hunt with him in 2016. We are rebooked for 2019 as well.

26-Jan-18
Not sure anyone is killing bigger moose than Ironbound right now. A couple years ago they started these remote hunts where they helicopter in to random, pup up tent locations wherever they have scouted out big bulls. They have been killing giants.

They have camp hunts as well.

26-Jan-18
I hunted with Ironbound last year. Go somewhere else.

26-Jan-18
I hunted the same camp as Jason but the week after him . We haven’t spoken to each other about it but I’m guessing we had similar problems . I’m not saying I wouldn’t hunt with Ironbound again but I did have some problems . I got a nice moose, which is great , but things were rather disorganized and chaotic . From what I understand this may have been an unusual season for Ironbound in that regard but still it kinda left a bad taste in your mouth . If anyone is gonna book with them I’d be glad to talk to you and give you my 2 cents worth .

26-Jan-18
I had a great hunt with them - ping me as well. I'm sure they may have had some operational issues last year that I have no idea about but on average me and many who have gone with them have had great trips.

26-Jan-18
Make sure your outfitter has tags and are not relying on the September lottery draw to get extra tags for you.....As NF prepares to over haul their moose management....changes are coming and eventually will affect outfitters.

26-Jan-18
Another vote for Dean MacDonald and Moose Valley...was there twice and will go again. Mike

26-Jan-18
If it was a reputable outfitter that was having an off year of operational issues they would take the the time to respond to emails and phone calls. This was the only hunt in my life that I came home miserable and I got a 40" bull.

26-Jan-18

27-Jan-18
I hunted with Moos Valley Outfiitters for Caribou. When I go back for moose, that will be my first call.

02-Feb-18
You may consider Tuckamore Lodge in Main Brook, north section. A great experience; lodging, services, guides, country and animals. Give Barb a call.

• Sitka Gear