Bob 21-May-18
t-roy 21-May-18
Bob 22-May-18
Bannock-pt. 04-Jul-18
drycreek 04-Jul-18
Bob 05-Jul-18
29-Jan-18

Bob's Link
My name is Bob Schlemmer. My family and I just started a new outfitting business we call "Pronghorn Paradise". The Ranch is located in northeastern Wyoming near Gillette. Lots of antelope call this place home. We are offering full service, 4 day, pronghorn hunts. We will treat you like family, our goal is for you to come as hunters and leave as friends. If your looking for a fun pronghorn hunt, check out our website and give us a call.

29-Jan-18
Good luck! I've always seen some nice lopes driving through the Gillette area.

30-Jan-18

Bob's embedded Photo
Myself, Judy, Robert and Helen
Bob's embedded Photo
Myself, Judy, Robert and Helen
Thanks Midwest ! It is an awesome area for lopes !

30-Jan-18

Bob's embedded Photo
Bob's embedded Photo
Here is a picture of a nice group of bucks at a blind we call "The Cattle Sheds". If you take a close look at the 5th buck counting from the rear of the group there is a buck we call "Curly". He has a very unique set of horns that spread out like airplane wings. We estimate he is 18" tip to tip. We have seen him for 2 years now and believe he is 3 years old in the picture. This year he will surely be something special !

31-Jan-18
Neat pic. Best for you would be for that bunch to split up. Imagine shooting one or two out of the bunch and the rest might never come back to the blind.

31-Jan-18

Bob's embedded Photo
Who says antelope don't jump fences.
Bob's embedded Photo
Who says antelope don't jump fences.
Bob's embedded Photo
Good mass on the one
Bob's embedded Photo
Good mass on the one

Bob's Link
Thanks LKH, here are a couple more Pictures you might like. There are groups of bucks (bigger and smaller) that hang out most of the day in all of the alfalfa fields. Some of the bigger fields have two groups that hang out on different sides. Almost like there is an imaginary boundry between them. That being said only 1 to 3 bucks tend to come and water at a time. We are limiting our hunters to only 4 per hunt and have at least twice as many blinds set up ready to go. Also we are keeping a two day gap between hunting groups to insure everyone a quality hunt. I believe I have a better picture of the buck we call "Curly" somewhere. If I find it I will post it .

31-Jan-18
Awesome looking operation Bob! Best of luck to you and your family!

02-Feb-18

Bob's embedded Photo
Curly is the one on the right.
Bob's embedded Photo
Curly is the one on the right.
Found that picture I was looking for. These Bucks are in one of the alfalfa fields.

02-Feb-18
What dates do you have

03-Feb-18

Bob's embedded Photo
Bob's embedded Photo
Ground hunter and Forest I would enjoy breaking bread with both of you at the ranch. First hunt is Aug. 15th thru 18th, second hunt is 21st thru the 24th. Everyone deserves a quality hunt. Thats why I am limiting the number of hunters to 4 per hunt, unless we have couples or adult/child groups that wish to hunt in the same blind together.

04-Apr-18

Bob's embedded Photo
The red dot marks the sweet spot.
Bob's embedded Photo
The red dot marks the sweet spot.
Some first time antelope hunters that have called me have asked where to aim. They have asked if they should aim were the colors come together. I do not recommend that shot, it has a high chance of hitting the shoulder blade. If you aim were I put the red dot they will not go far. Also if you are comfortable with a close frontal shot its equally as deadly.

08-Apr-18
Did you need points for the mule deer?

08-Apr-18

Bob's embedded Photo
Bob's embedded Photo

Bob's Link
JL, For mule deer you have about a 1 in 3 chance to draw with no points. Pronghorn are just the opposite with 100% draw in the past with leftovers being available.

05-May-18

Bob's Link
Here is a short video of a young buck coming to water at a blind we call "The Bee Hive". When the buck stops he is at 15 yards, slightly quarting away. The Bee Hive has been a very productive spot over the years. Applications for Pronghorn are due the end of May. Give me a call or send a personal message. Its going to be a fun hunt !

09-May-18

Bob's embedded Photo
Curley and a young buck
Bob's embedded Photo
Curley and a young buck
Here is a picture, from last year, of Curley and a young buck.

20-May-18
Good luck in your endeavors. Looks like a good operation. In the next year or two I’m looking at a pronghorn hunt.

21-May-18

Bob's embedded Photo
Bob's embedded Photo
Thanks Dan, we appreciate the comments. Don't forget I remember some famous guy on bowsite saying to " Treat yourself to a hunt of a lifetime every year". Good words to live by.

21-May-18
Very nice, Bob! Any ideas as to how old Curly is, and I’m assuming that he always has the same horn configuration?

22-May-18

Bob's embedded Photo
Couple of bucks
Bob's embedded Photo
Couple of bucks
Thank you t-roy. Those photo's are from last season. He was at least 3 years old then. So this year he is at a minimum 4 years. Every year his horns get longer and wider. The first time I saw him his horns were almost covering his eyes, he had to have limited vision back then.

04-Jul-18
How does the herd look for this years hunt? Horn growth and herd population in your hunt area looking good for this year?

04-Jul-18
That looks exactly like the place I use to hunt in 24, but nearly all that country looks alike. It was a wonderful place to hunt before the coal mine pushed us off. Lots of goats in Campbell County !

05-Jul-18

Bob's embedded Photo
Bob's embedded Photo
Bannock the Gillette area faired well over winter with better than average moisture during the spring. Its looking like its going to be a very good season. Drycreek it is a wonderful place to hunt pronghorn. We have two spots available for anyone that is still looking for a good hunt this year. August 29th thru September 1st. July 12th wyoming will have a list of available left over licenses. There should be plenty of licenses available.

• Sitka Gear