t-roy 30-Jan-18
TrapperKayak 30-Jan-18
dizzydctr 30-Jan-18
Panhandle Bob 30-Jan-18
t-roy 30-Jan-18
drycreek 30-Jan-18
swampokie 30-Jan-18
30-Jan-18
What can I use to draw turkey’s? Currently they only pass through my property. Trying to figure out what food I can use to keep them here. Not for baiting.

30-Jan-18
Clover is great, the hens love to "bug" in there with the poults. Barley has been a great turkey food for us, they like to pick the heads and its extremely cheap/easy to grow.

30-Jan-18
Chufa

30-Jan-18
Chufa

30-Jan-18

dizzydctr's embedded Photo
dizzydctr's embedded Photo
Chufa

30-Jan-18
Corn, corn, corn! In a feeder.

30-Jan-18
Clover and alfalfa

30-Jan-18
Does chufa provide anything for them into the spring, or is that pretty much a fall feed provision? I have considered putting some of that in when our ground but I thought I read somewhere that the tubers don't provide for them into the spring.

30-Jan-18
Perfect time of year for prescribed burn, turkeys love burned areas, and all the new growth.

30-Jan-18
CORN

30-Jan-18

Timbrhuntr's embedded Photo
I never saw a turkey on this property in 5 years of hunting there but knew there were turkeys around. I decided to set up a section as a sanctuary and put up a corn feeder mainly to supplement the deer in the bad winters and keep them around well as a pleasant surprise I know get this.

30-Jan-18

and this

30-Jan-18
It's hard to beat a feeder with corn and/or wheat just in the woods from a good chufa patch. However, at least in my state, you will have to take the feeder down in the spring to legally hunt the area.

30-Jan-18
dizzydctr........ can you explain what is going on in the pic you posted? Did you go in and dig up the chufa or was that done by the turkeys?!?!

30-Jan-18
Light brown gravy...

30-Jan-18
t-roy All those holes in my chufa patch were made by turkeys scraching up the chufas. If you look closely in the foreground you can see the ground covered in turkey tracks. I'm hopeful they will still be around come spring season if they don't eat all the chufa up by then.

30-Jan-18
The chufa spots on our property are scratched up like dizzydctr's pic

30-Jan-18
Holy cow! It looks like a bomb zone!

30-Jan-18
Henscratch ????

30-Jan-18
Bahia grass. Ive saw em strip seed heads for hours. Cheap and it will spread into your deer plots and crowd out all desirable forbs. Don't really think id plant it but the turkeys love it beyond anything else! If you also run cattle its hard to beat

• Sitka Gear