Mint 01-Feb-18
FlashZ28 01-Feb-18
Pope125 02-Feb-18
Swampbuck 02-Feb-18
Killinstuff 02-Feb-18
Montana 05-Apr-18
Xbowdoctor95 06-Apr-18
31-Jan-18
So, I was thinking for my dad's birthday/testing the new knee replacement I would take him on a hog hunt. He has talked about doing it a time or two but in his 56 years has never even left Wisconsin. I found Black Tine Outfitters and their reviews are phenomenal. So my question is, what do I need to know? Anybody use this outfitter? And what's a decent gear list for a all inclusive hunt like this? I mean, I would take a plane but other than my bow, his gun, coolers, clothes, etc. Is there really anything else that I should be considering? Any help is much appreciated. I want to make sure that I have all things taken care of to ensure he has an absolute blast! Thanks in advance!

31-Jan-18
I would suggest Shiloh ranch in Oklahoma.

31-Jan-18
Hope you and your dad have a good time and slay some hogs. Your outfitter should know what you need.

31-Jan-18
What time of year?

31-Jan-18

Killinstuff's embedded Photo
Killinstuff's embedded Photo
The hog hunts I've done in Fl were all tree stands, feeders and bow only but I know the guys running the leases and most times was the only guy hunting a lease so they would let me sneak hunt. Most properties are small,150 acre abandoned orange groove type places so they would have several leased up. I love the jungle feeling hunting down there. I do think Fl pigs are smaller on average then Tx but I don't mind small hogs. Bone them out, into a $20 wal-mart cooler and carry it on the plane. No need to check an extra bag on the flight down or back. Also, Fl has a lot canals you can bow fish for tilapia and gar during the heat of the day which is fun. If you were thinking of teeing something up for this year though, you might be out of luck as they book up early. Good luck in your search. And as for gear, you don't need much. Bug spray and something kill pigs with.

31-Jan-18
Do you have any insight on other outfitters I should look into Killinstuff? I am planning on eating it, keep in mind. HAHA not big on the trophy stuff. I mean yeah it's cool... but it'd make an ugly mount! LOL

31-Jan-18
True North is trad only and that kinda limits the non-stickbow guy or gun hunters. They lease for hogs and turkey hunting only and don't over hunt a lease to the point of running off the pork. PM me if you would like a contact. Other that that, google searching is how I do it.

31-Jan-18
Osceola outfitters. Hoppy Kempher. Best one I know down here. Bring your bow and a thermacell, maybe some water.

01-Feb-18
Sweet. I'll shoot him an email bigswivle. I'm stoked about planning this. I appreciate the help so far guys.

01-Feb-18
Been going down to Osceola Outfitters for 15 years. He will be booked solid during the winter and spring but a May or June hunt will be hot but very productive. I've hunted in May a few times and the hunting is great, don't let the hot weather bother you, you will see hogs in the morning and evening. When it is cold the morning hunts can be a bust.

01-Feb-18
I've had a lot of success with Williams Wildlife Preserve in Punta Gorda. They have miles of channels dug through the property that you can fish for huge largemouth bass or bowfish tilapia when not hunting. Lots of pigs and gators.

02-Feb-18
How many guys have had run-ins with snacks ?

02-Feb-18
Snakes?? Pope?, I kill a dozen a year, easy. Just last year I killed several cottonmouths, a diamondback, 2 copperheads, and a coral snake. It always seems worse when the water high. Any poisonous ones I come across die.

02-Feb-18
Snakes don't bother me. But the ants do. Don't mess with the fire ant. Was helping one of my buddies fill a feeder and threw a sack of corn over my shoulder to carry it into the stand. It was full of ants and they lite me up. That REALLY sucked.

05-Apr-18
Don’t use Blacktine outfitters, unless you want to shoot a tame pig in a pen. They literally will be in the parking lot

06-Apr-18
Thanks Montana! I wouldn't ever dream of it. I like it as fair chase as possible. Makes you right with the soul! Thanks for the heads up. After digging a little further, I got the feeling that they were kind of a "fish in a barrel" joint. I went Shiloh Ranch, June cannot come fast enough!

• Sitka Gear