oldgoat 03-Feb-18
raghorn 03-Feb-18
oldgoat 04-Feb-18
The last savage 04-Feb-18
BOX CALL 05-Feb-18
02-Feb-18

BOX CALL's embedded Photo
BOX CALL's embedded Photo
I'm putting a set of spyder limbs on a cartel riser and need a couple limb bolts.I have one samick bolt at 2" and its perfect,but the other is 2 1/4" and won't tighten enough.ive tried Lancaster and 3 rivers with no luck.maybe someone has a 2" they are willing to sell or trade.thanks,dan

02-Feb-18
Cut off with a dremel and bevel the threads? I cut bolts off all the time, although never for a limb bolt application.

02-Feb-18
Is the bottom bolt shanked? If it’s bottoming out on the shank cutting it off won’t help. Sorry I can’t help on the bolt. Have you tried fastenall? I would think they could find one somewhere.

02-Feb-18
As noted above, you need to determine whether the bolt will not tighten further because it is running out of threads or because it is bottoming out in the hole, or both.

A Dremel tool or small hand grinder and a power drill can be used carefully to create the needed clearance above the threaded portion to allow further depth of penetration . This should only be done if there will still be sufficient thread contact remaining when tightened, of course, but that would usually be the case.

Virtually the entire working load on this bolt will be in tension, and will be applied by hand tightening, so there will be no worrries about strength loss by the material reduction in the area above the threads.

It would probably be a good idea to protect the threads from damage by pushing a small length rubber or plastic tubing over them before tightening them in a drill chuck.

A Dremel or similar tool could also be used for simply cutting the threaded portion off shorter. If that's needed, it would be a good idea to obtain a nut in that thread size and thread it snugly onto the bolt before cutting it shorter, with whatever method, to smooth the threads on the cut end as you remove it. Saves some awkward grinding and filing in removing the burrs.

Eye protection and secure tool holding arrangements (plenty of duct tape) strongly recommended, but it shouldn't be very difficult otherwise.

03-Feb-18
Russ is spot on with the advice to put a nut on the bolt before you cut it off. Then as you remove the nut it will straighten the last thread. Polish a bit with a wire brush and you are good to go. Also, take it to a machine shop if you don't have a thread cutter and have them cut threads up to the shoulder to match the other bolt.

03-Feb-18

oldgoat's embedded Photo
oldgoat's embedded Photo
Black Widow sells brass limb bolts in two different lengths, think the shorter is what you want

03-Feb-18
Search on line....5/16"x 1 1/2" knurled bolt

04-Feb-18
"Search on line....5/16"x 1 1/2" knurled bolt"

What's the proper search verbage for a countersunk model though, I tried the above and didn't get a countersunk model

04-Feb-18
If you can't find one,any good machine shop can fabricate it in 40 min.just a thought..

05-Feb-18
Took a chance and ordered a limb bolt online from a picture.it came today and its perfect.got the new spyder limbs bolted on the cartel riser.there 2" bolts and almost full threaded.there shorter than the regular samick bolts and more threads.they came from western recreation Ind.,in poncha springs ,CO.

• Sitka Gear