bow_dude 05-Feb-18
skipmaster1 06-Feb-18
PREZ 06-Feb-18
Bob 06-Feb-18
ELKMAN 06-Feb-18
03-Feb-18
I prefer multi-pins, currently using Spot Hogg 7 pin system

03-Feb-18
I use a MBG, three pin slider which works really well for reaching out. Many sights don’t allow enough room for longer shots as the slider gets in the way of the arrow as you dial up.

The MBG, three pin slider is fixed at 20,30 and 40 yards (which covers 95% of my shots) so I don’t begin moving the slider until I get to 50 + yards and this gives me plenty of room to “reach out”. Good luck! C

03-Feb-18
Charlie +1

03-Feb-18
Same as Charlie and Wyobull

03-Feb-18

Russell's embedded Photo
Russell's embedded Photo
This one would work. Black Gold

Currently up tree deer hunting

03-Feb-18
The best one produced right now is the Axcel Accutouch with 3 or 5 pin head. If you want a good solid cheap alternative the Black Gold Ascent Verdict is a good option.

03-Feb-18
MBG Ascent on my hunting bow is good to 120 yards with the proper tape.

03-Feb-18
Another MBG. I use one pin.

03-Feb-18

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
MBG 3 pin slider!

03-Feb-18
7 pin for life!! Hunt

03-Feb-18

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
Spot Hogg Hogg father. I shoot the 4 pin configuration with a dial.

Here’s at 130 yards

03-Feb-18
Tommy Hogg three pin. I went from seven pin to five pin now down to three and that seems to work best for me. Less confusion in the heat of the moment. Top, bottom or middle. I prefer not having multiple "middle" pins. And the Spot Hogg is definitely rock solid, but of course more initial cash outlay.

03-Feb-18
5 pin MBG Ascent Verdict works good. Dial it up using the bottom pin for beyond 60 yards for practice. Just remember to reset when you are done dialing.

03-Feb-18
Ground hunter, using a slider with 5 pins, with the slider set to the 60 pin, means I never touch the slider until I need to shoot past 60 yards. That’s how I use mine anyway.

03-Feb-18
MBG 3 pin slider with the bottom pin .010 diameter.

If I was going to dedicate a bow to 3D, I would use a single pin slider.

03-Feb-18
Ground hunter, your top pins are dialed in at set yardages. Look at my picture above. My 3 pins are 20-30-40. The bottom pin acts as the slider. It’s set on 100 in the pic but zeroed out you can see the top of my tape is at 40. Hopefully that makes sense.

03-Feb-18
MBG 5-pin for me

Surprised the new Garmin hasn't been mentioned yet...

03-Feb-18
From what I hear with the new Garmin, you have to sight in at each range so it knows where the pin needs to be.... so once you sight in 20, it knows where the pin needs to be inside 20... once 30 is sighted in it knows between 20-30... and so on. So if you only sight it in to 60, you can’t Range something at 100 and have it show you were to aim since you haven’t provided the input previously. This was info from the Exo mountain gear podcast.

Not that it’s necessarily a big downside, just some people might think once you shoot it at a couple ranges that it would know any range, it doesn’t.

I shoot a Spot Hogg 7 pin fixed, which gets me out to 80 yards. It’s a lot of pins, too many actually. I like the idea of a 3 pin MBG SLIDER but at 3 D shoots it would put me into an open class, which I would dislike.

Josh

05-Feb-18

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
CBE Tek Hybrid 5-pin slider for me. I've shot it out to 120 yards.

05-Feb-18
MGB 3 Pin slider for me as well.

05-Feb-18
If you want to shoot 100 yards then pretty much you need a slider.

To me the number of pins has to do with hunting. I have a 5 pin Spot Hogg for hunting. Where I hunt it is not uncommon to have 60 yard shot opportunities. With the pins set at 20-30-40-50-60 I don't need to take the split second to dial my sight. That could be the difference in a shot or not. The slider allows me to use my lowest pin and practice out to 100+ yards.

If your normal hunting ranges are 40 and less, a 3 pin would be ideal.

If you hunt deer from a stand at 20 or less 1 pin would do.

Target shooting you only need 1 pin and dial every shot.

05-Feb-18
7 pin Spot Hogg Hunter for the past 6 years.....bulletproof (for me).

Mark

05-Feb-18
Hogg father or fast Eddie xl

05-Feb-18
Go to the EZV sight and forget about the pin, less problems.

05-Feb-18
I like the Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL. Personal preference, but I really like being able to focus on a single pin that is dialed to the exact yardage, especially for reaching out further. Less room for mistake. Again, just my personal preference. Some guys can't do a single pin. Try both, and do what works for YOU ;)

05-Feb-18
A single vertical slider would be the optimal sight for 100 yards. I deer hunt in the East with a three pin slider but have an open country bow set setup with a vertical single pin slider. I feel much capable for just hitting a bullseye with this bow than the three pin version. I Iike the open sight window especially when stalking and shooting at varying distances. The three pin works really well on whitetails in the rut.

I shoot trophy ridge sights but would opt for something lighter if I had not got them for practically nothing.

05-Feb-18
HHA Optimizer Lite Kingpin....single pin. I can go out to 105 yards with it.

05-Feb-18
I have a Sure Lock single pin slider. Can't remember the model anymore... they quit making it. Depending on the arrow combination, I can get out to 180 yards with my Elite GT500 setup with 5 grain per lb at 70 lbs pull and 30 inch draw. Can only get about 135 yards max with my Elite Synergy with the same setup. Fun to shoot arrows that far, but the accuracy for me is out the door. I use it to play archery golf or just goof off on the outdoor 3-d range. I prefer the single pin because the pin is always centered in the aperture. If I were to fall and break the pin, I could still shoot. Just center the aperture on the target and if the distance is known and dialed in, you will still hit the mark. No pin clutter either. Tried the 5 pin slider and then went to a 3. Found the single the to be the most accurate and best for me.

06-Feb-18
Another vote for MBG 3 pin slider. It's perfect for hunting. I used to use a 7 pin sight and loved it, shot a single slider and hated it for hunting, but liked it for target. This sight now is a perfect mix. Mine is set at 30-40-50. My buddy shoots a single pin slider but might go to a 2 pin MBG this year. Hed always use it as a slider but have the second pin as a reference for follow up shots or when things happen too fast to slide.

06-Feb-18
Check out Option Archery.....has both pins and a slider. If you don't want to use the pins you flip out the pin section and then you can use the single pin slider, best of both worlds. This is Dan Evans (Trophy Taker) new company.

06-Feb-18
Spot Hogg 7 pin, always ready out to 100yd, don't have to move nothin. Set top of bubble for 100 yards first, then worked my way down, or up depending on how you look at it.

06-Feb-18
The Option sight is VERY COOL. Pretty straight forward, very well built (Dan don't do junk), and when you do move it is a single pin. Much better for accuracy, and your rack never moves (no train wrecks in fast situations). Limits distance a bit, but 100 is more than enough for practice and fun.

• Sitka Gear