Mountaineer 03-Feb-18
sonamwsingh 16-Feb-18
sonamwsingh 16-Feb-18
Vino&Venison 16-Feb-18
wildan 16-Feb-18
Bow Crazy 17-Feb-18
timex 18-Feb-18
03-Feb-18
Looking to do a few acres of corn this year for the first time. Would like to get a good RR variety so looking for suggestions and websites.

Thanks

03-Feb-18
Grandpa Ray Outdoors has an early variety of RR corn that is more digestible than new varieties. Short maturity too. You might want to look into that.

03-Feb-18
Pat, I did 12 acres total last year including 3.5 in clover that I maintain with overseed each year. I did 8.5 of RW soybeans last summer and put Eagle Broadside over that this year. All have done fantastic both years.

I just want to do both Broadside AND corn this year with the corn for late season gun options. Probably will even open up some new acreage so I can keep doing the broadside. I love that stuff.

03-Feb-18
Mountaineer, what is broadside, we always have some seed left over from planting, both beans and corn, we also use cover crops.

03-Feb-18
http://www.eagleseed.com/BROADSIDE.html

Great fall/winter plot, especially if you have acreage where you're trying to build the soil. Grant Woods does summer soybeans followed by fall broadside every year. After 6 years he "claims" he doesn't have to use fertilize anymore.

Regardless, broadside gives massive tonnage in the winter. We had lots of mast this year so they were a month later hitting it, but it's still feeding them. All you can see for 300 yards are white turnips & radishes on the top of the ground. I'd highly recommend.

16-Feb-18

sonamwsingh's Link
Many of the areas are best for corn, the area analyzers can guess the plot which is best. Agree department of weather suggest best. Nagpur veg restaurants always give best delicious food serve through natural vegetables and others.

16-Feb-18

sonamwsingh's Link
Many of the areas are best for corn, the area analyzers can guess the plot which is best. Agree department of weather suggest best. Nagpur veg restaurants always give best delicious food serve through natural vegetables and others.

16-Feb-18
If you have the acreage Corn is nice but expensive if you do it right. My goal is to have the best year round food for my lactating does and bucks during antler development so I go soybeans. I just finished year 2 of Soybeans followed by an early fall overseeding of the poor mans version of broadside (just get the same seeds from the local farm elevator). I'm a big Grant Woods fan and I'm hoping to lessen the need for expensive fertilizer and I'm also trying to build up the organic matter in my soil. Deer love those greens coming up and it keeps them coming to my soybean field after leaf yellow/drop. One issue I had this year is I planted Real World Soybean in half of my destination food source and they are indeterminate (meaning they grow and stay green until frost) they shaded out my brassicas and grasses a bit too much.

16-Feb-18
Up North there is no better over-winter food plot than corn.Easy access for the critters. I like soy-beans but the deer devour them as fast as they come up.Expensive if you do it right.

17-Feb-18
Keep your deer numbers in check and you won't have problems with planting corn or even soybeans. I know, sometimes easier said than done. Save money on corn and soybeans, check with a local Branch of the QDMA or local Chapters of PF or NWTF to see if they are holding a seed sale. I buy my soybeans from QDMA and my corn from NWTF each year, $25 a bag. Be sure to check the germination percentage and adjust your seeding rate accordingly. Mine always comes in above 90%.

I think corn is a great option for food plots if you have the room. With screening all the rage now use corn to screen your food plots, cover access, where needed. It won't work everywhere, put it's an option. BC

18-Feb-18
Worked at c.p.s for 6 years & Helena for 3. Never had a single year that we didn't have seed corn leftover or busted bags you could get a deal on

• Sitka Gear