PA-R 06-Feb-18
Scar Finga 06-Feb-18
Native Okie 07-Feb-18
PAbowhunter1064 07-Feb-18
PAbowhunter1064 07-Feb-18
Lark Bunting 07-Feb-18
Bowfreak 07-Feb-18
04-Feb-18
Does anyone shoot indoors (such as in a garage or barn) at SHORT (i.e. < 10 yards) range to practice?

04-Feb-18
Always. Out to 20 in basement

04-Feb-18
Yep. Blank bale and 1/4" spots at 12 yds when it's crappy out

04-Feb-18
I shoot in my garage at 3 or 4 yards and do bale work.

Working on each aspect of my shot...Stance..Grip..Anchor..Head placement..motor.. conclusion.. eyes on target.

I shoot each aspect 10 x thinking about nothing but that trying to ingrain it to muscle memory

04-Feb-18
18 in the basement. Never closer than that. I guess I don’t see the point?

04-Feb-18
I have shot in my house for over 35 years now, this house I can only get 14 yards but I used to get 17 in one and my daughters one house we could get 20 yards in the basement. Shoot mostly stickbows in the house. Shawn

05-Feb-18
Daily...usually about 40 shots. In the basement, 7 to 13 yards, working on changing some aspects of my form so that it's something that I don't have to think about in outdoor practice.

05-Feb-18
About 12 yards in basement.

05-Feb-18
Shoot in my garage occasionally.

Many years ago, my release malfunctioned, arrow missed the target, went thru the wall and into my stove.

05-Feb-18
Every single day....about 10 yards. Shoot tiny spots and work on form, form, form. You develop the muscle memory necessary for shots of any range.

05-Feb-18
same as Bou.....when I built my house I let the wife decide most things to keep her happy, but I was adamant that my basement would be a little over 20 yards long so I can shoot anytime. love it. built a backstop and have no idea the thousands of arrows launched down there over the years.

Craig

05-Feb-18
About 12 yards in basement.

05-Feb-18
Yup I have 7 yards in my basement shop to shoot ! I have 3 feet of snow out back so if you miss the target good luck finding the arrow. Its nice to just grab the bow and fling a few arrows everyday even if its only that far. Plus I can set up my chrono and mess with some arrows and do some other types of tuning. Right now I'm messing around with trying to increase my distance by adjusting my anchor and peep location.

05-Feb-18
About 5 yards in basement. Foam target in front of bag target that sit on a pallet. When I lived in an apartment years ago, I would stand in the bathroom and shoot down the hall into the living room.

05-Feb-18
I shoot weekly at least at about 4 yds in my basement to keep all the archery muscles toned and work on good shooting form.

05-Feb-18
What kind of targets are you using?

05-Feb-18
I have a bag target hung on a home made stand. The liberal city of Sioux Falls that I live in will not let me shoot outside in my backyard so unfortunately my nice bag target and stand are only used in the basement.

05-Feb-18
I shoot 13 yds in my basement. That said, Ill be losing that "range" soon... Doing the basement over to gain living space and some added play space for the kids in particular... that's going to kill the darn range. I may shift a target into the garage... or I'm going to have to be VERY careful :)

05-Feb-18
Several years ago, after the kids were in bed I would set up in the living room and shoot into the kitchen. My wife kept telling me "someday you are going to miss and break something". Heck no, I'm only shooting 15 yards. The very next shot, through the kitchen cabinet - drilled a loaf of bread end to end. Ha, she never said a word, just looked at me and kind of smirked. WOW, that was back in the early 70's.

Now I shoot 17 yards - IN THE BASEMENT.

05-Feb-18
Not anymore. Made an error and sent an arrow through the new basement door, which then shattered the glass in the storm door. Arrow was laying in the driveway minus the point and insert. Never did find it.

05-Feb-18
I put one through the pillow I was using as a target and just poked the blender. Could not even see the crack. My wife went to make Marguiritas a week later and while she was getting the ice the mix and tequila drained all over the counter. This is when I shot sitting on the back of the couch out through dining room and into the kitchen. That was abur 17 yards. Shawn

05-Feb-18
I shoot 11 yards in my basement all the time. Hitting tiny dots even at 11 is a challenge.

05-Feb-18
I have poked a few holes in the drywall. I no longer shoot inside. It is nice enough here to get out and shoot during the winter. Hell we only hit zero a few times and I have not plowed snow yet this winter.

05-Feb-18
double

05-Feb-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
10 yards in my basement.

Deertick, This is the best bag target I've ever owned. Heavy as heck, but minimal penetration and easy pull out.

05-Feb-18
15 yards in my garage which is an old 50 x 25 machine shed. I use a 4 x 6 Shield archery backstop a couple feet in front of the drywall and behind a block target. Works out pretty well with the cold weather (unheated) mainly by cutting the wind.

06-Feb-18
10 yards in my basement, have a concrete wall for a backstop, 24x12 burlap bag, stuff with cotton.

06-Feb-18
I can do about 6 yards in the garage and I can do about 8 in my shop. I can also open my shop door and get out to 30 or from my garage out 40. It's great when it's raining, or 115 degrees and I don't want to be outside. I have A/C units in both, and it's a lot cooler than being in the sun. I also have a 90 yard range out back with seven 3D animals. Javelina, turkey, standing bear, 3 deer and an elk. all set at different yardage. Good Fun year round!

07-Feb-18
John, I picked up a Rhinehart with a flaw in sportsman’s guide. Use cardboard or foam to back it up. Works great and shoot in the basement all the time.

07-Feb-18

PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
Indoor basement, 10 yards. Wanted to get a little fancy, so got a cheap cabinet off Craigslist to hide the bag targets when not in use. My groups at 10 yards are the same as 100 yards, so yeah...practice keeps me perfect. ;-)

07-Feb-18

Not in use...

07-Feb-18

Lark Bunting's embedded Photo
Lark Bunting's embedded Photo
I shoot 12 yards in my basement. I have the Hurricane bag target (the thicker bag) and shoot at small dots I had from peel and see targets I had.

07-Feb-18
All the time. 13 yards. The vast majority of my shooting is done right there. I only shoot outside from about March-August consistently.

• Sitka Gear