Bigpizzaman 12-Feb-18
lucky2hunt 16-Feb-18
Tyler 18-Feb-18
Dino 18-Feb-18
07-Feb-18

Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo

Tyler's Link
G'day guys. Just wanted to Introduce myself to those of you who don't know me and say hi to those of you who do. I am a Canadian citizen and grew up bowhunting from the age of ten. Seven years ago I finished my trade and decided to travel/hunt for a couple years to Australia and New Zealand. Upon my return to Canada I decided that hunting was my true passion and this is what I would do as a career. I jumped straight into guiding Across Canada mostly focused on northern species. As luck would have it 2 years later while guiding a Muskox hunt in the NWT I met an Australian girl and wound up back in Australia. With this large change came new and exciting opportunities. This is when I started Ironbark Outfitters! Some of you may remember Pat and his son hunting Water Buffalo in 2008 or 2009 he did a semi live hunt with with Mick Baker of Trophy Bowhunts Australia. Mick and I have been great friend since 2012 and I have taken over his Water Buffalo hunting concession. I believe there are several Bowsite regulars who have hunted this property in years past and I know a few of you (Dino, Big pizza man, DG2) hunted with me last season and a couple of you are scheduled to come in 2018. With all that said I'm looking forward to resurfacing on Bowsite, as I have not been actively posting in a number of years and intend to run a thread throughout my 2018 buffalo season keeping you updated with short stories and photos for you to follow along as I have followed along on so many of your journeys over the years!

Cheers, Tyler

07-Feb-18
Looks like a great adventure! Good luck!

07-Feb-18
Curious about the name ‘ Ironbark’, How did you come about deciding on it? Is there a tree in the area by that name?

07-Feb-18

Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo

Tyler's Link
I decided on the name "Ironbark" for a few reasons. Number 1 there are loads of Ironbark trees on my buff concession, and with the heavy canopy they have lone bulls are often found standing under them in the shade they provide! My logo is a representation of this. Number 2 I wanted something unique that stood out. Number 3 I personally liked the ring to it. Whats your take on my name choice?

07-Feb-18
Congrats Tyler, love the name and the logo is fantastic!!

07-Feb-18
Welcome Tyler we appreciate your sponsorship. My wife and I have a trip to Canberra in our future. Would you be able to set up a hunt for me during my visit?

07-Feb-18
Great choice of name and logo! Welcome back to Bowsite and good luck!!

07-Feb-18
Great logo! Me likie welcome to Bowsite

07-Feb-18
Awesome logo and new web site Tyler. Good to have you on board. We hunted with Tyler in July of 2017, simply an amazing wilderness hunt in the Outback...I did a thread here called an Australian dream. It showcased Tyler's camp. Top notch operation, tons of games; I highly recommend him! Here's the thread if you are interested... http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=464820&messages=90&forum=17

07-Feb-18

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
Hi Guys, I know my opinion means very little but I do have to chime in here. Tyler is a long time friend and hunting buddy of mine, and though I am extrememly displeased on a selfish level that he has chosen to move away to Australia as I have lost an awesome hunting buddy and friend in general, I can understand why he did it meeting such a lovely woman as I sit here in -24 degrees to type.

Tyler and I have hunted whitetails, mule deer, elk, coyotes, caribou, geese, ducks, jackrabbits, bears and all manner of living things together and I feel the need to inform you the man is straight up killer. He’s been one of my best hunting buddies for about 10 years, and quite the accomplished guide. I was up north when he was guiding a young woman who was in very good shape, but we didn’t have caribou. He was able to help push her to her limits as they covered shot a caribou roughly 5 miles from camp and hauled the thing back home. After that excruciating day he was able to drag her over 10 miles in one direction from camp another day to see if perhaps there were resident bulls at another lake 10 miles from camp. The walking up there is not easy, and I have no doubt he would have packed that bastard all the way back. What this experience did do for that client is give her intense satisfaction in what she accomplished. He knows how to get the most from his clients and give them an experience they are proud of. He’s killed moose with clients in places no one would in their right mind kill a moose, but he is all about making his clients successful, and the work doesn’t matter. He’s a straight up animal when it comes to packing gear and animals that few can keep up with.

I have no doubt that in due time Tyler will be one of the “Go-to” Australian outfitters and I very much look forward to getting out there myself as the stories of the buffalo hunting there are awesome. I am not the type of person that throws out a recommendation lightly, but I know with 100% certainty that if you were to book something with Tyler he would give you 110% effort, and he’s already been having success there to prove it.

Obviously I am a friend of Tyler’s and that is my biased opinion, but I think people should know. He’s an outstanding stand up, moral guy and I think if you’re interested in a hunt with him you’d have a great time.

He is the "Grim Reaper" of wild creatures.

07-Feb-18
Tyler, welcome aboard! You just made a very good decision!

Nice Buff Pat!!

Mark

07-Feb-18
Welcome to you Tyler and Ironbark!

07-Feb-18
Yes Ironbark has a nice ring to it. Solid, strong unyielding much like the critters your hunting. Your logo is first class ! Intimidating situation for a bow hunter for sure. If one is not a frontal shot advocate that predicament may change your mind in a hurry.

Ok another question couldn't help noticing the five orange stars in the ironwood tree in your logo, any meaning to that ? One is larger, 3 are medium size and one is smaller???

07-Feb-18
Love the name...Love the logo. Welcome and good luck. This hunt is on my bucket list for sure.

07-Feb-18

Dino's embedded Photo
Amazing trip for sure...
Dino's embedded Photo
Amazing trip for sure...
Dino's embedded Photo
Dino's embedded Photo
Dino's embedded Photo
The cows are also incredible game animals
Dino's embedded Photo
The cows are also incredible game animals

07-Feb-18
"Yes Ironbark has a nice ring to it. Solid, strong unyielding much like the critters your hunting"

I agree. Someday, I'm going to get over there..

07-Feb-18
We have been thinking about an Australia trip for several years, just not sure I'm up for a 23 hr flight.

07-Feb-18

Tyler's Link
Thanks for all the welcoming responses guys!

Wilbur send me a PM with the dates your in Canberra and what your plans are. you may be in for a real treat depending on time of year!

Adam and Dean thank you guys for you support! Had a bit of a flash back to some of our great memories shared together Adam! there will be more! Had an absolute blast with you and your brother Dean and intend to hunt with you guys again sometime forsure!

Huntcell - and others that like the logo. My logo was designed and hand drawn by a great artist and friend of mine in Canada. Nick Laferriere. His speciality is fish but I have not seen him do a bad piece yet ill attach a link for those of you interested in his work. he is also a bowhunter! A big bull buffalo under 30 yards and closing on you is an ideal situation I love the frontal shot on these animals! Just ask Big pizza man! The orange stars in the tree are known as the southern cross, a constellation found in the Southern Hemisphere and is depicted on the Australian flag.

07-Feb-18
Just looking at the logo I figured it had to be Laferriere's work. he's awesome.

07-Feb-18
keepemsharp - It is a long haul I believe 13.5 hours from LA to Sydney. plus connections and layovers add up and can make it miserable at times. I have doe the trip between Aus and Canada so many times now it doesn't phase me much. Air Canada started a direct flight between Vancouver to Brisbane this had made things a lot faster and easier on me.

08-Feb-18
nice I want to come!!!!!!

08-Feb-18
Tyler!! Jorge from Spain, i was hunting with Mike and you two years ago!! I shooted a great buffalo there!! A must have hunt for sure

08-Feb-18
Welcome to Bowsite, Tyler! This is definitely one of my bucket list hunts for sure.

08-Feb-18
All the best Tyler, a straight up killer, who I am sure will be consistent in satisfying clients!

08-Feb-18

Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo
I too hunted with Tyler, actually used his Bow as mine was disabled! Great hunt, as Pat said every serious Bowhunter should have this on their list!! First class all the way!

08-Feb-18

2 Bulls!!

09-Feb-18
Zebra killer and Troy let make it happen!

Good to hear from you Jorge! As an FYI Jorge holds the camp record his buff scores 104 SCI!!! Post a pic up! The largest this past season was 102SCI. Generally get a couple over the magic 100 inch mark each season. hoping to beat Jorge's record this upcoming season!

Was a pleasure hunting with you Tim! was a great week, I will never forget tracking and that frontal shot on your second bull! if I remember correct your buff were in the 95-97 inch range.

10-Feb-18
That is a fantastic looking hunt that I am going to look into. Any idea how tough it is to get the head back to North America (Canada)? What do you do with the meat?

11-Feb-18
I had 2 Canadian hunters hunt with me in July Dino he posted above. they had euro skull mounts done and shipped back to Canada. the skulls arrived several weeks before Christmas. My taxidermist takes care of everything here to make sure its all cleaned up properly and that everything is in order. My shipper is very experienced specifically with shipping trophies internationally. The two combined make it look very easy. If you have specific questions you could probably pm Dino and he could help with a bit more info on costs etc. In regards to the Meat. Water buffalo are a feral species. there is no regulation on keeping the meat. not that I'm saying its right to be wasteful. I give what I can to the local families however most of them don't want to eat buffalo as it is extremely tough. I generally keep the backstraps and grind them up, yes I know grinding backstraps crazy. I make a few meals each week for the hunters to enjoy while in camp, sometimes I will slice it thin and hammer it out with a tenderiser and make crumbed schnitzel. The only decent eating buffalo are the young ones under 200kg and even they can be tough chewing. Whatever we don't use feeds the dingos pigs and all the birds of prey. We often hunt the carcasses for pigs afterwards. We are extremely remote here approximately 600 miles from the nearest city and with the hot temperatures it is not cost effective to have a large enough gererator to run a cooler or freezer unit large enough to house say 10-15 buffalo.

12-Feb-18

Dino's embedded Photo
Dino's embedded Photo
Dino's embedded Photo
Dino's embedded Photo
Dino's embedded Photo
Dino's embedded Photo
Our Euros arrived here safely, the skulls were first taken care of in Camp, then Tyler has a Taxidermist prepare them for shipping. Our's were shipped to the Edmonton International. My brother and I had a "opening ceremony" in his garage which was fun as we had to match horns to skulls...In my luggage I took my feral cat skull and boar tusks with no issues.

12-Feb-18

Jorge Amador's embedded Photo
Jorge Amador's embedded Photo
Tyler, was a good hunt for sure, enjoyed each mimute in Australia

12-Feb-18
Tyler that second Buff was Epic! We tracked him several miles only to jump him off his bed, curiosity was his failing! Coming head-on into us at less then 30 yards, watch8ng the arrow completely dissapear into his chest! Seeing\hearing him go down in seconds, yeah that’s one of those hunts that really is special!! We should do it again!!! Cheers!!!!

16-Feb-18
Looking forward to my July 2018 hunt with Tyler and Ironbark Outfitters!!!

18-Feb-18
Looking forward to it as well Ilene! Its fast approaching!

18-Feb-18
Love it! I am also looking forward to it! Such an awesome experience!

• Sitka Gear