Fuzzy 13-Feb-18
Highlife 13-Feb-18
midwest 13-Feb-18
Fuzzy 13-Feb-18
Highlife 13-Feb-18
Fuzzy 13-Feb-18
Fuzzy 13-Feb-18
08-Feb-18
I love meeting Bowsiters for the first time. Recently met Kurt at a convention. It is so nice to put faces to names/handles. I guess I am just saying I appreciate this site so much and I get a kindred feeling from all people on here. Saw Scott Meszaros recently also as well as the infamous Madtrapper Tom Edgington(how did he get that handle?) I think KTH Kyle is one of my better friends and I read his posts a bunch before finally meeting him. Its a cool thing. And then there was one time I met Medicinemann Jake for the first time on one of his hunts. A weird thing happened when he stood up from the dinner table. Something golden fell onto the chair as he rose from it(haha). Friends ever since. Any more stories out there that are similar? And Rick Embry and I shared a baseball game in St Louis(Go Cubs!). the list goes on and on

08-Feb-18
I have met a handful and all have been great guys! Hopefully over the coming years I can meet and hunt with many more. I'm glad you still have such a high opinion of Bowsiters after sharing the afternoon with Rick! :)

08-Feb-18
Pat and I met Kurt on the Colville River on the North Slope of the Brooks Range in 1989.

Almost every great opportunity and bow hunting friends I have came from P&Y Club and Bowsite.

08-Feb-18
I've met scores and was rarely disappointed. Will meet a bunch more as time passes if I'm lucky. I can't count the Bowsiters with whom I've hunted or shared a lodge.

08-Feb-18
I've met quite a few. As Randy says, rarely disappointed.

08-Feb-18
Nedly,

I think what you like most about meeting Bowsiters for the first time is the "shock value" of when you take your shirt off and are sitting there in your manzeire:)!

Mark

08-Feb-18
Those days are over. I have matured. But don't offer me a beer. weird stuff happens. and no posting pics of those occasions please.

08-Feb-18
I thought it was called a “bro”. Pink is definitely Ned’s color, though!

It’s definitely enjoyable to get to put a face with the name of fellow bowsiters. I got to do just that at the last P&Y convention in St. Louis. Met a bunch of them at Pat’s Meet n Greet as well as some roaming the halls.

For some reason, I thought Pat was taller.

08-Feb-18
t-roy knew some of my secrets 5 minutes after meeting each other. wtf. lol. I love those meet n greets. Always want to pat Pat on the head and thank him for Bowsite when i see him. Like Benny Hill did to that old guy.

08-Feb-18
Ned, I echo your same sentiments on meeting Bowsiters and the Bowsite Meet and Greet at the P&Y conventions.....too much fun you never want them to end!

Mark

08-Feb-18
You guys are all out of control when you get together. Luckily some of us young guys are there to keep you in line

08-Feb-18
"You guys are all out of control when you get together. Luckily some of us young guys are there to keep you in line"

Ain't that the truth!

08-Feb-18
Was able to meet a couple famous bowsiters in Canmore one time...

08-Feb-18
I have immensely enjoyed the P&Y gatherings with the Bowsiters. I've met so many Bowsiters I can't even remember them all.

Besides the meet and greets, once you meet some folks, it's cool to see them around the conventions and be able to talk.

Bowsite is such a great resource to meet like-minded hunters.

08-Feb-18
I've met a bunch and enjoyed every one. It is refreshing to learn that I'm taller, smarter, and better looking than almost all except OTCWill and Medicinemann. ;-)

Had a beer and told hunting stories last night with a good friend I met through Bowsite, cnelk. Watched the Super Bowl with another, IAHunter.

08-Feb-18
Scoot....one evening ain’t enough! Better make plans for the entire weekend. Omaha ain’t that far from ya. I had an absolute blast last year.

Your secret’s safe with me, Ned. I’m reminded daily of that story, though. There’s cornfields everywhere around here ;-)

08-Feb-18
I've met several Bowsiters and hunted with several. Would hunt with every one of them again!

Hopefully, the feelings are mutual. :-/

08-Feb-18
+1 T-roy, hopefully Scoot can make it down to Omaha. We are definitely going to be there.

08-Feb-18
The bowsite meet is just two short we need to make it longer I have enjoyed meeting every one but that tall guy from Co that makes fun of my tooth

08-Feb-18
I agree with Bigdan - it's too short. Unfortunately, with the constant meals and seminars, there's not much time to fit in a bigger slot - which is why we all end up in Zach's room after dinner. (Also because the booze lives there)

I've met several bowsiters and hunted with a couple and it's always been a positive experience. Good people. I have hunts planned with a few more and am looking forward to them. And the P&Y conferences are always a blast and a good part of it is because of all the Bowsite guys there.

08-Feb-18
I have since deleted the video Nedly (I think) No worries. Brotsky... I will see you in Omaha. Be prepared to be underwhelmed. I also promise to leave my phone/camera in my room.

08-Feb-18
I think the first bowsiter I met was Matt about 15 yrs ago. He turned out to live nearby, and we started to shoot together. Then we went to MHH at Ken Moody's place in TN. Through annual MHHs I met a lot of great characters, including Ken, Pat, Owl, Fuzzy, and many others . That led to hunts in Alberta, Africa, and Arizona with bowsiters. I do miss the MHHs. Not much of a hunt, but great laughs and comradery. I've always enjoyed meeting bowsiters.

08-Feb-18
Yup it was good to meet Ned, Jake, Tom E and Tom F last month. Ultimately this is what most of the organizations are about for a lot of us, whether P&Y, WSF, GS or the state orgs or your local club. They all do alot more than provide a place for like minded hunters to meet up, but that is top of the list for me....

08-Feb-18
I've met a bunch up at camp over the years. I asked Pat if I could print up a Bowsite logo for our display booth at sport shows. Hung it up, THEN the bowsiters come swooping in! Good guys.

08-Feb-18
Meet n greet it so short because Pat runs outta beer too soon..... =D

When at the convention it seemed the Bowsite was like an agency of P&Y...... not deep state, but maybe deep woods.....

08-Feb-18
Scott, April 2019, not sure of the exact dates.

08-Feb-18
Scoot...That is no environment for a "young'in". ;) But you should definitely go.

There's a reason my wife only lets me hang out with Zack in a "social setting" once a year and it isn't because he's busy "keeping anyone in line". (and Muche is no better) Luckily, these two have Watkins and myself as "mentors".

I've met too many Bowsiters through the years to even begin to name names. Some have turned into lifelong friendships. The meet and greet at P&Y is awesome. Looking forward to Omaha. Even more, I'm looking forward to the hunts I have planned with Bowsiters the next two years!

08-Feb-18
All joking (and photos) aside, I've met a bunch of really great hunters and folks (except one) from bowsite and look forward to meeting many more in Omaha.

Scoot... you have nothing to worry about, most of the shenanigans will be way past his bedtime. :)

08-Feb-18
Everyone needs a solid life coach.

And Lord knows how lucky Zack and Nick are that Kota and I are there for them...through heart shots and misses!

Mark

08-Feb-18
It's probably more "kid friendly" than "wife friendly". My wife gets awful tired of hunting stories by the end of a P&Y Convention. But you're right, Ryan would probably learn "too much". ;)

08-Feb-18
Dan, I just went to the dentist and while there inquired about having those two bottom incisors removed so I could maybe bugle better.

He advised against it unless I plan to move to Montana, where such things are not only accepted, but encouraged!

08-Feb-18
I've met a handful of bowsiters over the years. Life's been pretty busy with work and kids, so I don't get on here as much as I would like. It's still nice to come back every once and a while and see some of the same crowd spilling out their knowledge and stories.

08-Feb-18
I've met a few Bowsiters, a few A/Ters, a few Roksliders etc. Very cool when you can meet your peers, talk shop, and hunt with them. Interesting to see or hear how others hunt. Reinforces my love of hunting solo ;) on the flip side, I've called in some nice bulls that friends have killed, and that's a great feeling too!

08-Feb-18

Heat's embedded Photo
Heat's embedded Photo
Pretty sure I still have the Bowsite camo cap. Cheers Nedly!

08-Feb-18
Ol’ Nick(Heat) was a day or two away from beable able to help on my Bighorn hunt, but I killed too early. Dang it man but I appreciated the willingness to come and help me!! Awesome!!

08-Feb-18
I'm sorry I missed it too, but super happy you got it done with or without me! Going to try to make Omaha.

08-Feb-18
Heat I see my wife in your photo and my back side

08-Feb-18
I kinda just lurk at the get together as I do on here... but it is great meeting and speaking with the folks I get to hang with

08-Feb-18
Nick, if Jake weren't so flippin' tall I could see me too! He blocks out alotta skyline. No wonder he kills so much stuff...... he gets to look over the ridge before anybody else.....

08-Feb-18
P&Y conventions are always fun. Then add BS meet & greet into the mix and they are really fun. The meet and greets bring the internet world to reality.

I have developed many friendships thru BS. I have also had the pleasure of hunting with several of the BSers in NA and Africa. Seems like the first question I ask other bowhunters is, "Are you on Bowsite?"

I too am looking forward to Omaha.

09-Feb-18
I think that's Jake's backside. I'm in the grey shirt and camo hat to his right in the picture and that's Lou on the left. Pictures will tell you about who hangs out by the beer cart.

09-Feb-18
Having a Bowsite get together on the weekend of the 23, 24 and 25 of this month here in Pa. It started from the thread I started on the Elk forum asking if there was any elk hunters in Northeast Pa. Just a fun weekend, eating, ice fishing, hunting talk, and hopefully we can setup a 3-d course. There's 6 coming so far.

I've also met a bunch of guys & girls over the years and hunted with a bunch. Put a lot of faces on folks that I chatted with here on the bowsite at many of the United Bowhunters of Pa jamborees and their annual hunts that they put together here in Pa that gets about 60 + guys & girls show up for.. Believe it or not they run out of people at the hunts, not places to put them.. Ed

09-Feb-18
I think Jake and I ran Big Dan off so we could have Melanie to ourselves for awhile..

09-Feb-18
I have some great friendships that only happened because of Bowsite . Thanks Pat and Charlie for bringing this brotherhood together . Hunt

09-Feb-18
Some of the finest people I know, I’ve met through Bowsite! Those meetings and engagements helped encourage me to chase my dreams. I enjoy meeting new friends through the site and keeping up with old ones. Long Live Bowsite! Dilly Dilly!!

09-Feb-18
Bowsite is responsible for a lot of friendships! Thanks!

09-Feb-18
No line at the beer cart..... that means Pat's beer is gone and $6 a pop it sure thins the line down......

Lou, Melanie is good fun to talk to...... plus I think she's the only one there shorter than me......

09-Feb-18
Quite a few of my best friends I met here. In Heat's pic, I'm talking with Ike. We were still drinking/talking when we noticed we were the only ones left. Good times

09-Feb-18
What's the Omaha event and dates you guys are referring to? Had the impression it was a P&Y event but see nothing on their website. I'll be turkey hunting down in Nebraska in April and curious as to dates, etc. Thought I'd think about coming down and see if I care!! Haven't personally met any Bowsiters and you sound like a curious bunch!

10-Feb-18
April 10 -13th 2019

10-Feb-18
My mom will say “who are you going on this hunt with ? One of those guys from that hunting dating site?! One of those guys is gonna bonk you on the head and steal your bow” LOL

I’ve met and hunted wirh a lot of good guys from BS, I have not been bonked on the head yet, but I was a little worried Ike was gonna in NM a couple years ago ;)

—jim

10-Feb-18
LOL. Your mom has some good ideas.

10-Feb-18
So far I have met one and hunted with him this year. He said none of his usual friends shared the thrill of adventure for the hunt and would not go to the extremes that he would to be successful. I guess that would be just another Bowsite dude!

10-Feb-18
"hunting dating site?!"

Dammit..... that's what Coach calls it too.....

"No it's not! It's a.... a.....it's a..... therapy group! Yeah! That's the ticket...."

10-Feb-18
Bowsite is an irreplaceable part of my hunting life now. I don't know if I have ever met but one Bowsite'r in person. But, I have hunting trips planned with several in the next few years. It's been said by many but, I'll once again echo the comment that there is no internet forum like Bowsite. It's a great place.

10-Feb-18
A handful of the guys from the CT page are meeting tonight for dinner. Always a good time when you get together with like minded liars err I mean Bowhunters.

10-Feb-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Here is a good part of the 'Western Chapter of Colorado/Wyoming Bowsiters' at my place a couple years ago

Good fun, beer and stories :)

10-Feb-18
The Porkapalooza started with Bowsiters. This year we have Hunt4life, Boothill, NEassasin, Arrowflinger, Tunames, Tradman, Huntress and Inbowdude (aka Hamicus Procurus)

10-Feb-18

rock50's embedded Photo
rock50's embedded Photo
I spent 5 hours with this young bowsiter in Wings Over Kississing base in Thompson, MB, in September, 2015

He and his group were flying to Nunavut (don't remember the outfitter) and my group was flying to Munroe Lake Lodge in northern MB.

The destination landing strips were completely fogged in and we waited about 5 hours to catch a break in the skies to start our caribou hunts.

We didn't have to worry about missing something................that was the year most of the caribou arrived after all the trips were booked.

I think Ned and I were the only bowsiters in the group, but there was A LOT of bowhunting experience there, and it wasn't from me, even though I was probably the oldest man there.

o

11-Feb-18
Still in the dark. Big Dan gave me the April dates in Omaha but what is it?? Pope and Young or something else? What hotel or whatever location? Registration? The Bowsiters get together there??

11-Feb-18
Bowsite Meet and Greet is at the P&Y Convention. It's over a year away (bi-annual). Not sure, P&Y may or may not have location information posted yet on their website. Maybe, go check it out.

Hint: they mail out info packets to members well ahead of time. =D

11-Feb-18
Its the next P&Y convetion That's were we have the Bowsite meet& greet

11-Feb-18
I have the pleasure of hunting with Stekewood, bill v, and some of the other PA boys who drop in here from time to time. Those guys are animals, always a great time.

11-Feb-18
Ah I get it now. I was looking for this April and couldn't find anything.. Thought it was a secret society! Well, good chance I'll still be around next year.

11-Feb-18
Have missed the last several P&Y conventions due to work. Will have to make sure to make this next one. Been too long.

Definitely have met a lot of bow hunters from Bowsite over the years. Some very long-standing hunting buddies and contacts have come from this site. Amazing how guys will go out of their way to help out a fellow Bowsiter - especially on out of state hunts.

11-Feb-18
I figure bi-annual works out pretty well..... gives Pat two years to save up Bowsite membership dues for the bar....... =D

11-Feb-18
"I’ve met and hunted wirh a lot of good guys from BS, I have not been bonked on the head yet, but I was a little worried Ike was gonna in NM a couple years ago ;)"

Jim, if you'd have shot a WR, I'd have considered it! But I'd have taken the deer, not the bow :)

12-Feb-18
Thanks for posting that pic Mr. Rocke. I do not have that one. I had lost it some how. We sure had a long wait at the airport, but time flew by with conversation!!!

13-Feb-18

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo
If it weren't for bowsite and meeting people, I'd never have done this:

13-Feb-18

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo
or this:

13-Feb-18

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo
this:

13-Feb-18

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo
this

13-Feb-18

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo
this: (that's my favorite ex wife, who I met on Bowsite)

13-Feb-18

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo
this:

13-Feb-18

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo
this:

13-Feb-18

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo
this:

13-Feb-18

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo
this: (not a bowhunt but made possible by bowsiters)

13-Feb-18

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo
this:

13-Feb-18

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo
this:

13-Feb-18
Damn Cecil I remember that one of "little Nick " . Geez your getting old ;)

13-Feb-18
"my favorite ex wife..."

That made me lol!

13-Feb-18
Dave if you look close in the two bears pic, that's YOUR Wing recurve. And yeah, I'm aging gracefully...lol

13-Feb-18
That bow went to a good young man. Thank you for letting me pass it on Brother.

13-Feb-18
Dave I promise you that we both appreciate the gesture immensely.

13-Feb-18
Midwest, I'm glad you got a giggle, funny but a true statement :)

• Sitka Gear