Huntcell 14-Feb-18
Old School 14-Feb-18
BowmanMD 14-Feb-18
Ken 14-Feb-18
South Farm 14-Feb-18
midwest 14-Feb-18
wyobullshooter 14-Feb-18
13-Feb-18
Nice Browning Hells Canyon vest on campfire right now. I haven't used one but like the camo pattern.

13-Feb-18
Sitka jetstream, warm for its weight, windproof, durable and plenty quite enough to hunt in. If your looking for a puffy vest then I would go with a Kevlin Lite.

13-Feb-18
Kuiu DCS Guide Vest

13-Feb-18
+1 for the Kuiu guide Best. Love mine.

13-Feb-18
The first lite uncompaghre or whatever is too noisy to wear as an outer layer bowhunting. They used to make a merino wool one. I like that, but it doesn't cut much wind.

The others mentioned are good suggestions.

I think one of the best elk killers on this site used to run an old faded tan carhartt fleece lined vest.

I remember him saying it looked like an elk ass.

13-Feb-18
Consider wearing a Filson wool vest. Great for heat and moisture control. Wears like iron.

13-Feb-18
Not as sexy as a Kuiu but I have used a wool rich down vest for twenty years. It’s not camouflage but I shot a bunch of deer with it on.

I am probably the the only person that is not impressed with the kuiu super down jacket.

13-Feb-18
For what you describe, I'd buy a nice primaloft one. Always cheap on the auction site. I own several but I prefer the Eddie Bauer one most. A good down one is hard to beat as well. I prefer my LL bean most of the three down one's I own. God Bless

13-Feb-18
Gerbing vest is nice if you are able to recharge the battery

13-Feb-18
I’ve got a first lite and also a core 4 element. Both are very noisy. I’ve also got the Wooltimate vest that I use for whitetails. It’s way quiet and warm but has a lot more weight and bulk than the first lite.

-Mitch

13-Feb-18
I bought the Sitka kelvin vest this winter and love it. It's pretty quiet and very warm. I plan to wear it on cool mornings this fall when getting up to glass.

13-Feb-18
Wool is quietest.

I have a lot of vests.

I like the KUIU guide best for synthetic and lightweight, but my king of the mountain with wind liner is awesome and I picked it up at a second hand store.

If you want a nice wool vest look up Asbell Wool - G. Fred has some nice stuff for reasonable prices.

13-Feb-18
On a side note Ohio, if you don't like down or primaloft, a good polyester vest is truly hard to beat over all. Light, packable, and very warm as well. CHEAP too.

13-Feb-18
I'm watching for a Springer Vest from First Lite, don't care much for puffies, at least not as far as clothes go!

14-Feb-18
+2 for the Kuiu guide

14-Feb-18

Pigsticker's embedded Photo
Pigsticker's embedded Photo

Pigsticker's Link
This is my next best to add to the other four that I use based on the situation.

14-Feb-18

Fuzz's embedded Photo
Fuzz's embedded Photo
This one's pretty cool... but I'd want one that covers my belly hole in order to keep leaves, dirt and crumbs and other whatnot out.

14-Feb-18
Love the camo pattern!

With all that hair, you gotta be used to picking junk out!

Probably don't even need a vest to keep warm in the artic!

14-Feb-18
Fuzz, do you use that gold chain as a demarcation for where to stop shaving?

14-Feb-18
Wow that goes back a few years young Serb back in Kosovo when he began his modeling career at like 12 or 13.

14-Feb-18
James - My experience with the first lite vest is the same, it feels like a heated vest within a minute of putting it on. Noise is the only drawback for me.

-Mitch

14-Feb-18
I just bought a wool vest from Sleeping Indian. Super quiet and great insulation. Definitely heavier than other options though. Not cheap, but worth it.

14-Feb-18
Fuzz, Your vest proves the old saying about vests being for prevention. A life vest prevents you from drowning, a Kevlar vest prevents you from getting shot, a safety vest prevents you from getting hit by a car, a sweater vest prevents you from getting laid.

14-Feb-18
"Consider wearing a Filson wool vest. Great for heat and moisture control. Wears like iron."

x2 Love mine!

14-Feb-18
My next piece will be a KUIU vest. I have the Kenai puffy and it's wonderful. Very quiet, lightweight, warm, and wind resistant.

14-Feb-18
I’m with oldgoat. Love my First Lite Springer vest. Keeps me warm on those chilly mornings, and it’s quiet as a church mouse.

Gotta admit though, Fuzz’s vest is tempting...but I don’t want a squirrel trying to hide his pine cones in my freakin’ belly button!

• Sitka Gear