Buffalo1 14-Feb-18
Swampbuck 14-Feb-18
PECO 14-Feb-18
sdkhunter 15-Feb-18
Franklin 15-Feb-18
carcus 15-Feb-18
carcus 15-Feb-18
14-Feb-18
I'd like to get some rain gear for me and my kids. I mean real rain gear, not Gortex. Impertech seems to be out of production. I prefer solid color sometimes.

14-Feb-18
Sitka now has their Training, Travel, and Workwear (TTW) line. Take a look at that option. I'd rather support them than the leftists at North Face and Patagonia.

14-Feb-18
My worst rain days up at bear camp see my Cabella's Guide Wear come out.

14-Feb-18
First Lite makes good solid color rain gear, but it's pricey. Helly Hansen isn't bad neither, much cheaper and it'll keep you dryer than a popcorn fart.

14-Feb-18
Ditto on the Helly Hansen. Heavy but very effective. You can get the yellow stuff like they wear on Deadliest Catch or step up to the olive green which is a little lighter and more flexible. I have the yellow bibs and the olive green coat.

14-Feb-18
Frogg Toggs Toad Skinz works pretty good.

14-Feb-18
Kuiu Yukon

14-Feb-18
Maybe the Frogg Toggs are better now but I have some of the original Frogg Toggs and if I sit on a wet boat seat the water soaks right through...

14-Feb-18
^^^ not all Toggs are created equal.

14-Feb-18
If it doesn't breathe I'll get just as wet from the inside. Love my Kuiu Chugach. That's like feet. Only way I have guaranteed wet feet in 45 minutes is to wear rubber boots. Kind of ironic.

14-Feb-18
Arc'teryx

14-Feb-18
I'm surprised you can't find Impertech. A buddy got a set for our Alaska fishing trip last summer.

14-Feb-18
Just did a quick search on Impertech and there seems to be available on Amazon.

I have a set of that from Alaska hunts and it works well - especially in a boat.

Like Adam, the rubber stuff (clothes or boots) seem to make me wetter. Love the breathable stuff and the Kuiu Chugatch top and bottom are what I pack for anything.

14-Feb-18
cheesehead Mike +1

14-Feb-18
Grundens

14-Feb-18
Not Goretex? I have used Gortex mountain biking during El Nino in the mid 90's out in California. Climbing the mountain in pouring rain, bombing down a rocky trail that was a rushing creek due to the rain. Then some rollers back to the car. Even stopped in the actual creek to clean off the bike. Took off the Goretex and it was bone dry on the inside. Excellent gear, do not dismiss it. Also, it was cheap cycling gear, not the high dollar stuff.

15-Feb-18
I’ve got the Patagonia Torrentshell jacket in the grey color. I like it because it’s neutral color, I can also use it trail running or hiking packs down well..

https://www.backcountry.com/patagonia-torrentshell-jacket-mens

15-Feb-18
I would assume he is not looking to drop $2000 on rain gear...lol. The best rain gear to keep you dry will be the Helly Hansen type gear and it`s affordable. Look at what people that live and work in that type weather and you will see what they wear.

15-Feb-18
https://www.marks.com/en/workwear/mens-workwear/rainwear.html?#lang=en&q1=c_workwear_3532928741&q2=c_mens-workwear_3255219142&q3=c_rainwear_2806113733&x1=c.category-level-1&x2=c.category-level-2&x3=c.category-level-3&page=1&q5=t_helly-hansen-workwear_1090442575&x5=brands

15-Feb-18
^^ CAD so you guys pay much less!!!

• Sitka Gear