ROUGHCOUNTRY 19-Feb-18
Treeline 19-Feb-18
Irishman 19-Feb-18
bpettet 19-Feb-18
Bigdan 20-Feb-18
17-Feb-18
Boone & Crockett website has an update.

17-Feb-18
Yes, good pics. 216. Not only is it big, it's beautiful.

17-Feb-18
Is it the same sheep that Big Dan posted pics of in December?

17-Feb-18
Needed another year ....

17-Feb-18

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
He Troy same sheep. To me I think deadhead should be in a separate category . Wildhorse Island is like a Game preserve. No predators at all. Not the same as a true wild sheep to me. Still a awesome Ram and deserves to be recognized .

17-Feb-18
No longer true about wild horse island having no predators there are some lions out there and the Fish and Game are looking some were else to get there sheep from. The cats our keeping the heard size the same so no. sheep for transplants.

17-Feb-18
Incredible ram(s)!

Mark

18-Feb-18
Holy wow.....

19-Feb-18
How did the lions get there?

19-Feb-18

ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
Here's a picture of Wild Horse Island........it's not that far from shore on the north end to have an animal swim over or walk across the ice during the winter.

19-Feb-18

The photo is from a different angle.........wild horse island is in the distance and Melita island is the closer timber covered island that is owned by the boy scouts and is around 40 acres in size. Melita typically has mule deer and an occasional black bear that wanders or swims over. Obviously the bears probably swim when they're out of hibernation and the deer could easily walk over the ice during the winter if it freezes over. I've been camped with my boys for scout camp several times on Melita and they utilize Wild Horse for High Adventure hikes etc....my understanding is much of the shoreline is privately owned and limits access to the public land over the majority of the island. There are a few access points to cross the private shoreline.

19-Feb-18
Why doesn't MT F&G get rid of the cats in there?

19-Feb-18
I read an article a few years ago about a grizzly bear that they radio collared and tracked. If you look in the first photo of Wildhorse island above, you will see a tall mountain range in the background. Well, this grizzly bear came from way on the other side of that mountain range and another before that, and crossed a huge reservoir, then swam across Flathead lake (the lake Wild Horse Island is on), stopping at some of the little islands, then crossed back and headed back up into the mountains again. So keeping anything free of big predators is not so easy.

19-Feb-18
Stunning ram.

20-Feb-18

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
Here is the score sheet 4 ft long horns

• Sitka Gear