dm/wolfskin 19-Feb-18
timex 19-Feb-18
spike78 19-Feb-18
swackerpw 19-Feb-18
Hugh 20-Feb-18
Coyote 65 20-Feb-18
turkeyhunter60 21-Feb-18
18-Feb-18
Been shooting both trad & compound for 38 years arthritis is getting the best of me & my hunting weight trad bow days are over. Probably 30 years agow I had an Oneida eagle. It would not stay in time & had a unique sound when shot but I did kill a bunch of critters with it. Question is what do you think of the new ones Thanks. Would be shooting 50# @26"

18-Feb-18
With all of the other great bows out there.....why?

Shot them for years.....I liked to shoot them....but just so many problems....and of course they were very loud. I've heard the new ones are better but most use them for carp bows.

18-Feb-18
Basspro bought them. should be able to shoot one at a store to see how you like it. I do have a newer one that I do shoot fish with, never noticed how loud it is but I have the genny running also.

18-Feb-18
Buy an older Mathews Conquest like the Conquest 4. set it up with a plunger and a flipper rest and shoot it just like your recurves. Great finger bow and you can pick them up for around 200 bucks or so! Shawn

18-Feb-18
You don’t want one of those contraptions do you?

18-Feb-18
The new Onieda's are great bows, and built to take a beating!! They are a lot different today then 30 years ago. The Tomcat and Black Eagle were great bows, and the new bows quiet down pretty easy compared to the older bows. The Kestrel is fast and a nice shootin bow!!

18-Feb-18
I never noticed how loud it is....but I had the jenny running...

oh man that was funny Okie!

19-Feb-18
Tim wells shoots his new oneida with fingers,,I think it's called Phoenix ,looks like it shoots pretty good for him,,,,lol. ..I agree you'd think a longer ata would be better,

19-Feb-18
Tim Wells can make ANY bow accurate. Dude is flat out an amazing shot.

19-Feb-18
Tim probably gets paid to shoot it. But he is good at all the weapons he uses.

19-Feb-18
Thanks fellas probably the best ever I.m.h.o. finger bow is a 48" Hoyt pro vantage or spectra. Shot a 293 indoors (once) with a pro vantage & fingers Many years agow. I have a bowtec 101st airborne Iv killed many deer with. Was just curious if the onidea's had improved. The one I had a long time agow sounded like a screen door slamming. But I liked the uniqueness

19-Feb-18
Tim Wells hunts with a Mathews Halon at either 30" or 32" ATA.

19-Feb-18
I don't know what you fellas are talking about oneidas are loud, hell Ive been shooting them for 25 years wouldn't change for no other bow. Ive shot aero force for years wasn't any louder than any other bow. Shooting Black Eagle now for the last 10 years sweet and smooth and quite.

20-Feb-18

Hugh's embedded Photo
Hugh's embedded Photo
As has been mentioned, Wells switched to Oneida this year. Ive shot them exclusively since 91 and have been all over the place with them. Properly tuned(easy) and using a moderately heavy arrow, they are solid performers. They are not able to keep up speed wise with the new bows, but you wont find a super fast bow with the smooth draw cycle of the Oneidas. You will be fine at that draw weight for most deer sized game. The bear in the pic went 21 3/16 and was taken with an Oneida Extreme Hugh

20-Feb-18
Since my hearing went my Oneida is not as loud. Old one from the 90's.

Terry

21-Feb-18
I have 5 Oneidas, been shooting them Since the 80s...They make a horrible finger bow, to much finger pinch for my blood...But good accurate bows, and tune well....I haven't had any problem with the noise factor, not the quietest bow....

• Sitka Gear