brooktrout59 20-Feb-18
18-Feb-18

Overland's embedded Photo
I have a 2003 Hoyt Magnatec for which I need to replace the arrow rest. I'd like to put a drop-away rest on it, but due to the design of the bow I have been unsuccessful finding one that will work. The riser is notched out to specifically fit the rest that is on it, which makes a replacement difficult.

I called QAD and spoke with one of their experts, and he had no advice for me. I did hear from the local archery shop that a "filler" used to be made for the notch, but that it hasn't been around in years. Appreciate any advice.

18-Feb-18
If your not going to use that rest, part of it can become your new spacer. Mark it carefully then cut it so it's flush with the back of the riser. Machine the remnant thickness flat and flush to the riser. Break the edges well with a file, then spray paint it black. Nice little custom fit, free spacer.

18-Feb-18
We used to use lexan or plexiglass to make a filler. You can pick up 1/8", 3/16" or 1/4" scrapes from an glass shop.

18-Feb-18
I would bed it with marine tex. Wax everything you don’t want it to stick to.

19-Feb-18
Like bb said, I have made those home-made shims before. The red-neck version consists of some saran wrap and some two-part epoxy. Put a sheet of saran wrap over the riser. Mix the epoxy, apply to in the recess of the riser. Place another sheet of saran wrap over the epoxy and cover with a hard flat surface, squeezing out excess epoxy. Hold the bow with the strings facing up while the epoxy sets. Trim excess epoxy away, drill the hole for the rest attachment, and you're done.

19-Feb-18
It is a TM hunter arrow rest. Google it you can still find them new in package I believe. Golden Key made a version as well as a couple others as well. Shawn

20-Feb-18
Have a Hoyt Havoc circa 2001 as my second bow- put a whisker biscuit on it and it works great.

• Sitka Gear