Rgiesey 23-Oct-18
SixLomaz 23-Oct-18
sticksender 23-Oct-18
Rut Nut 23-Oct-18
Altizer 23-Oct-18
Buckshot 23-Oct-18
jwoods 24-Oct-18
19-Feb-18
Over the past few months I've been getting trail cam pics of this doe wearing a color-striped neck ring. Any thoughts on what it is?

There appears to be a lettered logo printed on the middle stripe. But can't quite make it out. Seems to be a young doe with no fawns.

19-Feb-18
I can't see the pictures so my guess would be someone has made her a pet.

19-Feb-18
Looks like a head band

19-Feb-18
It's a sweatband. She obviously trying to drop that holiday weight before swimsuit season. :)

19-Feb-18
That's the latest style.

19-Feb-18
Yeah I googled Gay Pride headband earlier, but didn't find an exact match ;-)

19-Feb-18
I had to go to my phone to see the pictures (firewall?). are you sure both pictures are the same deer? the collar seems to be in 2 different places on the neck to me. looks like those may get tight if she grows some more.

19-Feb-18
Looks like if that band doesn't expand as she grows it will do her in, but it does look like there may some stretch to it that will not hurt her.

19-Feb-18
The gray colored band almost looks like a flea and tick collar. Is this an urban deer? We had similar issues when we lived in Garden Ridge TX, one neighbor placed an orange flea collar on a local doe; fortunately it broke about a year after it was put on her.

19-Feb-18
milnrick, it's in a rural area in a large river bottoms. There's a lettering logo on the red center stripe but can't quite read it.

19-Feb-18

wildwilderness's embedded Photo
campground tramp
wildwilderness's embedded Photo
campground tramp
Looks like someone put it on her.

19-Feb-18
I was trout fishing in the middle of a 30 ft wide stream once,,a lil for walks right up to me ,licked me. Wearing an orange dog collar ...

19-Feb-18
Lots of waterfowl'ers collect bands. Maybe somebody thought deer hunters should have the opportunity to.

19-Feb-18
My guess was a pet too. Not looking good.

23-Oct-18
Got the last trail cam pic of the above "collared" doe back in March. The collar was looking rough at that time, and most likely fell off.

Now, in the last couple weeks, another one has shown up. Strange, and this is in a rural area. A first for this farm, where we've had trail cams for 20+ years. It's even possible that this is the same deer:

23-Oct-18
I'd say for sure it is the same deer with the same person putting it on her. I suspect she frequents a neighbor somewhere that feeds her and she's a pretty tame animal. For that reason alone, personally I would not kill her.

23-Oct-18
Yeah ^^^

23-Oct-18
Might work out well having a tame deer that may be attracted to you around during the rut.

23-Oct-18
yes, I agree with elkhorn, train her like a decoy dog, run off and come back with a buck in tow.

23-Oct-18
I'd agree with what other guys have said. Most likely same deer. Person even swapped out the band to be orange prior to hunting season. I'd definitely try and respect that and not kill that deer. Using it as a decoy dog does seem like a very feasible goal. Someone else did all the training for you already :)

23-Oct-18
millennial. has an udder piercing as well I bet

23-Oct-18
Bou, enlighten us on what YOU know about "udder piercings" please. Pics would be nice, but optional.

23-Oct-18

23-Oct-18
Guys, this is the new PETA training program. Makes the animal look like a pet which should soften the hunter into not shooting. Kill the darn animal and post the neck band downtown for all to see.

23-Oct-18
JTV, that's another member's picture of a Colorado deer.

Not planning to shoot this one. If I spot her in the woods this fall I'll try to see how tame she is.

23-Oct-18
Somebody’s idea of a joke.

23-Oct-18
Years ago I called in a 5x5 bull with a cow bell. Heard it clanging all the way in while bugling. We were south of Yampa. Some of the cowboys said they work get to drinking in the winter and rope them from snow mobiles. Heard later another guy shot it and had it mounted with the bell. I will say the cows(elk) didn’t mind it. Lol

23-Oct-18
Back in 1987 I shot my 1st deer with a bow. Wished I had taken pictures, because she had a brownish-tan collar on that couldn't be seen until after I got to her. I felt bad, but only when my buddies would give me crap about shooting someones pet. This was in hardwoods and the closest house was 5-6 miles away.

24-Oct-18

jwoods's Link
Somewhat related?

• Sitka Gear