kentuckbowhnter 24-Feb-18
Tonybear61 24-Feb-18
wifishkiller 24-Feb-18
Dino 24-Feb-18
wifishkiller 24-Feb-18
Kodiak 24-Feb-18
trophyhill 26-Feb-18
22-Feb-18
This is for you shooting gurus. I'm wondering your opinions on arrow flight past 40 yards shooting a whisker biscuit? I've never shot past that range but my upcoming hunt, I am wanting to venture out to 60 yards possibly. Any input appreciated.

22-Feb-18
Ron, you'll be fine with a WB out to 60 yards, you would even be fine further than that if you desired. As long as you maintain good form throughout the shot you will not notice any appreciable difference in arrow flight. Good luck on your hunt!

22-Feb-18
Hey Ron, I've shot side by side with guys shooting a drop away out to 90, and over 100 yards. If accuracy is a problem, it's not the WB. I've shot geese past 60 yards with it. Not that I go for a far shot normally but on a dead calm day I did take one shot on a mulie at 74 and drilled him. Had been shooting long range all day knowing I'd be sneaking into the area he was bedded so I felt supremely confident at the time. I am guessing there is something to the idea of a drop away being more accurate, but for bowhunting purposes I couldn't ask my rest to be more accurate than it is, and they are just such a fool-proof hunting solution. I'm not going to claim to be any kind of a shooting or bow guru, but I can tell you that I have a WB, and 60 yards isn't even close to an issue.

22-Feb-18
Agree with other posters. You can shoot 100 yards and not be concerned with the WB. The biggest issue is dropping your bow too soon. With proper form, a WB is perfectly fine for long distance.

22-Feb-18
WB is the bubble bee of archery.Don't understand how it flies so well,just know it does.

22-Feb-18
I practice at 100 yards. Bare bow, so I'm not turning out 6 inch groups, but in the boiler room more often than not.

As kscowboy states...if you have good follow through, you won't have any issues.

22-Feb-18
WB fan here! The Whisker Biscuit is more accurate than you are at any range. I have used them on both of my compounds for years. Be sure to get the correct size for the arrow diameter you are shooting. They come in different sizes (the hole size in the bristle disc). The bristles wear and when your hole becomes slightly elongated, replace the disc. You will be fine, life will be simple and you won't have to worry about your rest failing. Also get the model that adjusts vertically as well as horizontally for easy tuning.

22-Feb-18
Well that settles it, WB stays on. You see, I started shooting seriously in the early 70's and if you know your bow equipment history, we did not have such god for sakin stuff attached to our bows. I tried the biscuit when they first came out and as said above, I don't know how it works, I just know it works. This trip I am planning is a longer one and weather is going to be an issue on my feathers. Never shot vanes in my life for more than a couple weeks.

May be time for another post, but ideas Brodsky or you quick to share gurus?

22-Feb-18
Why is there a focus on shooting father rather than getting closer to the game ?? Just sayin'

22-Feb-18
I shot the WB for years, and found that with fixed blade heads, the WB is more sensitive to shooting form errors (bow-hand induced torque), which expands broadhead groups at longer range. Simple yes, durable yes, great for hunting yes, but IME not the best possible choice for fixed blade broadhead accuracy at long range.

22-Feb-18
No ill effects at 100+ yards. If there is a deficiency, it's the shooter ;)

22-Feb-18
Well Ron if it’s confusing you can always go back to what you had in the 70’s ;)

Tonybear #1 practise at further range makes you a better shot at close range, and #2 sometimes a longer shot is simply needed. Definition of “longer” is up for debate. Object of the game is always to get as close as possible

22-Feb-18

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
and out to 50 yards.
and out to 50 yards.
Hey Bear, if I can kill a goose at 34 yards with my WB, you can surely kill a deer at 40 yards with your WB. Paul

23-Feb-18
I know nothing about the WB but if you're concerned about the weather and your feathers, may those same concerns apply to the WB?

23-Feb-18
The WB is bullet proof I've found. I shot a bull elk at 42 yards and a huge bull moose at 6'. This hunt I'm planning, it was suggested I be ready for a 60 even a 70' shot as that may be what is presented to me. Yes, the idea is to get closer, but I've guided plenty of caribou hunters that consistently shot at these longer ranges as I mention, but for me, I never even shot at a round bale that far, and have shot for so many decades that I know I'm needing to step back, put some training wheels on and do some learning. BTW I'm shooting a Mathews DXT set at 70#

23-Feb-18
Ron, as far as fletching is concerned there’s a lot of great choices in canes to steer a fixed blade broadness. Bohning blazers are by far the most common and I have used them since they first came out with no problems. AAE also makes some nice vanes. They all go through the WB nicely even with a good helical put on them.

23-Feb-18
My longest kill with wb was antelope at 63 yds.

24-Feb-18
40 and 50 yard Robin Hoods with WB.

-Joe

24-Feb-18
use WB exclusively on all my bows and practice to 70 yards. no problems. i have used drop aways too in the years past and arrow flight is just as good through the WB at long range.

24-Feb-18
Paul, where did you get the goose??

I'd like to try it in my area as there are lots of geese but its not legal equipment.

24-Feb-18
Any of you guy actually shot a wb, next to a drop away at distance. Then Measured the groups groups, you'll see a bigger spread hands down.

That said far shooting and the most accurate are two different things. FYI I ran one on my whitetail/pig bow for a long time.

24-Feb-18
Yes, wifish...I noticed the same things. I bought a good drop away and noticed immediate improvements. Having the arrow contained in the rest, close to your bow hand, is detrimental to longer range accuracy. However, for longer range skipping stones, the biscuit works perfectly!!! :)

24-Feb-18
lol I thought I was the only one!

24-Feb-18
The biscuit is the best hunting rest ever made, no contest baby.

26-Feb-18
Ground Hunter, it's not about pressure, it's all about opportunity ;)

• Sitka Gear