Corn bore 26-Feb-18
nmwapiti 26-Feb-18
BULELK1 27-Feb-18
wyobullshooter 27-Feb-18
Robear 27-Feb-18
LUNG$HOT 27-Feb-18
Bowboy 27-Feb-18
26-Feb-18
I drew an area 22 tag and am planning my days off from work. I have 21 days total to use. The archery season is the month of Sept. Would I be better concentrating earlier or later in the month to get the most out of this awesome tag? I know that certain areas can be different as to when the best time to be there is.

26-Feb-18
Usually Labor Day weekend is busy everywhere with campers and trail riders, atvs. I would come out after that weekend.

26-Feb-18
Flip a coin. Each week of the month has it’s pros/cons, and each has variables that are beyond your control anyway. With 21 days, you’re well ahead of the game before you even start. Good luck.

26-Feb-18
If you have 3 weeks to hunt, skip the first week and hunt the rest of the month and you should kill a good bull.

26-Feb-18
skip the first week labor day is a zoo

26-Feb-18
Ditto Topgun

26-Feb-18
Yep agree with Top Gun!

26-Feb-18
All replies are much appreciated, and are being duly noted!

26-Feb-18
With three weeks and from Ohio go the last three weeks of archery unless you want to save a week for a gun then go the last last two weeks of sept. With one for rifle. Hunted 111 and 24 them mountains in between is nasty looking mountains. Always wanted to give 22 a try but with my point situation probably ain't gonna happen. Probably not much bugling before the 10th so stick with the later part of the season. Good luck ( I think you will have a great hunt) and report back to bowsite with results.

26-Feb-18
Concur with TopGun. Last 3 weeks of the season should be awesome. Might get some weather, but you can ride it out.

27-Feb-18
Labor Day is early this year on the 3rd------way HOT! and buggy

I like the middle 2 weeks like the 10th---21st type deal.

Good luck, Robb

27-Feb-18
If this thread is any indication, I should have the woods pretty much to myself for the 1st week again this year. Just the way I like it. ;-)

27-Feb-18
I do have another week saved back for an annual out of state deer hunt that I could use for rifle season. Does anyone have much luck bowhunting during the rifle season? My research shows there are 32 tags total for area 22.

27-Feb-18
X-2 Wyo. I love me some first week!

27-Feb-18
It can be done during the rifle season but the elk will be in their honey holes. They'll be skittish. I'd concentrate in the dark timber still hunting them.

• Sitka Gear