Newhunter1 27-Feb-18
Treeline 27-Feb-18
Outdoordan 27-Feb-18
McCree 28-Feb-18
Kodiak 28-Feb-18
Treeline 28-Feb-18
Buglmin 28-Feb-18
26-Feb-18
I stumbled across a Great Plains Rio Bravo recurve recently and wanted to get opinions from anyone out there that may own or have owned one. I shot the bow and it shoots very nice. I don't really need another recurve but then again can you have too many? Any opinions out there before I add it to my collection? Thanks,

26-Feb-18
You can't have too many. Buy it. ;)

26-Feb-18
I had a Kiowa, which I believe is the same bow with less exotic woods in the riser. Liked it very much. If it is the length, weight and has the grip you like you should buy it, and use it.

26-Feb-18
They're great. The grip is second to none, fit and finish is perfect. Foreman can really build bows.

27-Feb-18

McCree's embedded Photo
McCree's embedded Photo
Well she followed me home! Initially the transaction began in a attempt to buy the Selway quiver and ended with a new bow and the quiver!

27-Feb-18
She's a beauty. Let us know how she shoots.

27-Feb-18
I have had one for many years and love it! I really liked the shorter overall length and it was very quiet for a recurve. My son appropriated it from me and also loves that bow. Mr. Foreman sold the company to Shane Unruh up in Copeland, Kansas. He has added some new concepts and makes a fabulous bow.

27-Feb-18
Looks great. Is that Osage?

27-Feb-18
Better hang on to that one. I have the Red River model with two (2) sets of limbs and a Great Plains longbow. I heard that Bill Foreman sold Great Plains. I concur with Kodiak!!!

27-Feb-18
Bill makes a fine bow. I shot one..very smooth and pretty quick

27-Feb-18
I'm unsure of the wood...looks like maybe Osage. It shoots very nice! I'm pretty excited about it.

27-Feb-18

Newhunter1's embedded Photo
From 20 yards.
From 20 yards.
Here is my bow...

27-Feb-18
I love my Great plains...haven't hunted with it due to having to use a crossbow because of surgery. Looks like I might be able to use it this year.

27-Feb-18

Treeline's embedded Photo
Treeline's embedded Photo
My boy with his first mule deer with a bow. Rio Bravo 55#

27-Feb-18
Nice job Dad and Son! Getting it done with the trad bow, excellent!

28-Feb-18
Next question for those who shoot a GP Rio Bravo recurve...what arrows are you shooting and what arrow weight? My bow is 54# @ 28". I like to shoot carbons but I know recurves can be finicky with arrows. I'm currently shooting some 2216's that weight 550 grains. Thanks,

28-Feb-18
In aluminum I'd say either 2016s or 2018s would be good.

Can't help with the carbons

28-Feb-18
I shoot either gold tip 5575’s or carbon express 250’s with 150 grain tips cut 29 1/4”. My son shoots the same arrows with 200 grain points.

28-Feb-18
Great Plains always had big thick grips, never could shoot one good enough for me to consider owning one. They're nice curves, no doubt about it. Not too many people shoot them. As far as arrows, a .500 spined shaft if you don't like a hfoc, .400 spine with you like hfoc. I shoot .500 spined out of most of my mid 50's recurves, and some .400 spine with 200 grains up front. Enjoy your bow.

• Sitka Gear