skull 28-Feb-18
NYBOB 28-Feb-18
Beendare 28-Feb-18
Huntcell 01-Mar-18
Sitting Bull 01-Mar-18
28-Feb-18

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Can this possibly be the actual hunt cost?

28-Feb-18

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Can this possibly be the actual hunt cost?

28-Feb-18
Probably not booked out too far

28-Feb-18
In their defense... you can bring a non hunting observer for $120,000

28-Feb-18
Maybe those are Canadian $?

Terry

28-Feb-18
Venezuelan dollars.

28-Feb-18
I really like how you would hunt them in the Spring:

"In the Spring we would try and find a bear in its den and set up close by and wait for him to come out".

That sure sounds like a fun hunt to just sit there staring at a black hole waiting (hoping) for a bear to wake up and climb out. Hahahahahaha

28-Feb-18
Note to self...don't read this thread while eating or drinking. You will have explosive results. I have to clean my screen now. Geez.

28-Feb-18
Supply and demand....

28-Feb-18
I don't care how much money knew has, but if you pay that kind of cash to maybe kill a bear you have to have your head examined. How ridiculous has this grudging become. These guides have to sit around a fire drinking some nice whiskey laughing at the fools who pay this kind of money to kill a bear, I know I would.

28-Feb-18
Supply and demand....

28-Feb-18
I would imagine that in the Spring "wait until they wake up hunts" that he has alarm clocks available to help along with the process. The downside is that you have a grumpy bear on your hands.

28-Feb-18
Is that quoted in Rubles? Is this a Russian hunt?

28-Feb-18
No kill fees, so you have that going for you I guess.

28-Feb-18
Odd website for sure. Here's another section listing services offered:

http://www.apgs.com/Alaska_Photography.shtml

Alaska Photography Trip Information

Guided Photography Trips For Brown Bear, Moose and Black Bear Northern Lights And Filming Crew Support.

Our general operating areas are along the Nushagak River north of Dillingham in unit 17. The prime filming dates are: August 10-19 (Brown Bear) and Sept 16-30 for moose and brown bear. Our other main area is out of Fairbanks in May and June for Black Bear up close and personal. During the winter we provide Northern light viewing and photo trips using snowmachines. If you are filming commercially, you will need to get a special use permit from the State of Alaska. Not a big deal or expensive and I can help you get it. We can provide you and your crew with all of your logistical needs from planes, boats and snowmobiles for mobility, camps or cabins for comfort, sat phones to communicate and blow up metro-sexual dolls for you Hollywood and NY folks and a guide to help keep you from screwing up and filming that episode with the doll after you have been out there a few weeks or getting hurt.

28-Feb-18
Another quote:

NOTE: Many hunters are now choosing to mail most of their gear ahead direct to the village or Fairbanks. You can mail rifles and shotguns but no pistols or ammo. This does not mean you can bring twice as much shit. Lately, this has been getting ridiculously out of hand. It has to stop.

28-Feb-18
Just really big bears- that's all !!

"Serious inquiries only"

28-Feb-18
After reading the two descriptive posts, I now really like these guys!

If they have a very high success rate it might be cheaper in the long run than for some guys we know who have had to go four times or more for brown bears at $35K a pop to get their 29.

28-Feb-18
I'm starting to think it's best to quit telling my kids to go to school to become a doctor or a lawyer but instead to focus on learning how to become a bear and moose hunting guide.

28-Feb-18
It’s a typo

28-Feb-18
Who is the outfitter

28-Feb-18
I would pay a couple grand to film the guide walking up to the den and throwing a bucket of cold water on the bear to wake him up.

28-Feb-18
The outfitter isBarnum and bailey outfitting LLC out of circus bay Alaska. Head guide is a guy who goes by the name PT

There business model is predicated on a sucker being born every minute and hoping that a few of them become rich people who hunt.

28-Feb-18
I had an outfitter buddy tell me a couple years ago that he was at an outdoors show with a booth. Advertised a hunt for $2,500 and never sold one. The next year he listed the same hunt at $5,500 and sold a bunch. People thought $2,500 meant a cheap and poor hunt, but for $5,500 it must be great, so they paid. Maybe that's what this guy is doing.

28-Feb-18
I read this post yesterday and had nothing to add until Tricia read me an article from the local newspaper about "inflation".

When I was young and lost a tooth, my parents would place the tooth under my pillow at night in hope the Tooth Fairy would bring me a prize which was usually a shiny dime, yea, 10 cents. Like the costs of the above hunts inflation has hit.

According to the article, that dime has now been replaced, (on the average) with $5.70 and having a crown on a tooth, yea, $1200. Anyway, found this as a interesting comparison. my best, Paul

28-Feb-18
Thank you Bou, I’m going try to convince my wife to sale the house, so i can go on a hunt.

28-Feb-18
After reading this, I think I will stick to NewBunswick

28-Feb-18
Cryptocurrency bro....$117,000 equals .004317 Ethereum, exchanged in your wallet for Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, Stellar, Litecoin, Cardano= ? It really depends on what hour of what day it is.

01-Mar-18
Of course bring $2,000 cash for fuel surcharge

And tip $$,$$$

01-Mar-18
Maybe Zimbabwean Dollars?? Do you get to keep the plane?? Great to here no kill fee. I'll have to start putting more money into the coin jar.

• Sitka Gear