grubby 01-Mar-18
Buglmin 01-Mar-18
grubby 01-Mar-18
Buglmin 01-Mar-18
grubby 02-Mar-18
Treeline 02-Mar-18
Grubby 03-Mar-18
01-Mar-18
I'm committed to killing a Muley with my bow this year. I know the general area that I will be hunting and I have hunted it before unsuccessfully. I have been spending a lot of time on OnX trying to narrow down specific spots. This is rugged badlands with very limited ag fields. What specifically should a guy be looking for? I'll be taking a scouting trip in late July or early August. First hunting trip will be in early Sept and I will go back if needed.

01-Mar-18
Gotta find the water first. Desert mulies have to water more then deer in the high country because the feed in the badlands contain very lil moisture. Find the water and you'll have a great place to start.

01-Mar-18
Ive located a few water sources. Those will definitely get checked out on the scouting trip, maybe hang a trail cam or 2. How about bedding areas? What should I be looking for?

01-Mar-18
It's hard to tell where the bucks are bedding. Some will bed in spots up against rocks, in shady washes. Here in deserts of Az and in New Mexico, we rarely saw bucks bedding in the same general area every day. It's just gonna require some boot work sir.

02-Mar-18
Kind of what ive seen in the past. Numbers are up in the area so I'm hoping it is easier to find them than last time. some of the draws are choked with cedars, It seemed in the past that the mature bucks didn't like them, that they stuck to the more open.

02-Mar-18
If you are hunting early season, the bucks will probably use the cedars for cover. Typically will bed under a cedar just below the crest of the ridge to have a view and breezes to keep them cooled off. Always seem to use different beds day today but usually in the same general area.

Would expect that the earlier time frame (before they strip velvet) will be better for locating bucks. Will usually spend more time in the open while they are in the velvet. They usually vanish after they strip off.

03-Mar-18
Good information! Thank you.

• Sitka Gear