INbowdude 05-Mar-18
INbowdude 05-Mar-18
Hawkeye 26-Mar-18
swampokie 26-Mar-18
INbowdude 26-Mar-18
swampokie 26-Mar-18
01-Mar-18
3:54 PM LIVE from Ok*
It’s the 12th annual Porkapalooza at Shiloh Ranch! I’m currently in the ladder at stand 4. We have hunters at 1,2,3,4,6,7, Rattlesnake Ridge and the double bull blind on the south fence. Temps are in the 50’s with a NW wind. Feeders go off at 7am and 4 pm. Hoping Hunt4life scores at the double bull.

01-Mar-18
I saw a few hogs walking in plus a big black hog along the creek. Hopefully everything gets up and moves tonight. Chased an armadillo in camp.

01-Mar-18
Feeder just went off. C’mon piggies! First squirrel sighted.

01-Mar-18
The hogs had their morning meeting and decided that they would all eat at Stand 5 today. Good luck!

01-Mar-18
Feeder just went off. C’mon piggies! First squirrel sighted.

01-Mar-18
Lol, not stand 5!

01-Mar-18
6 does and fawns moving in.

01-Mar-18
Deer gone. 3 pigs come from the south but catch my scent. 2 grunts and gone!

01-Mar-18
Wind is swirling and saving a lot of pig lives right now. C’mon hogs, come and get it!

01-Mar-18
Well, long story short, I hit a hog too low and lost blood after 50 yards. I will go back in the morning to look. Temps will be mid 30’s tonight so there is some hope. On the plus side, 3 hogs took the big dirt-nap tonight. Jay, Austen and Jeff connected.

01-Mar-18
Glad you guys let some arrows fly. Good luck finding your pig . Wanna see some pics ! Heading to Shiloh in May with my son. Will be our first time there. Save some hogs for us ..Mike

02-Mar-18
Good luck finding your pig. Congrats to the three that laid hands on their hogs.

02-Mar-18
Back at the same stand this morning. Feeder goes off at 7. Woods starting to wake up. Full moon. Didn’t need the flashlight walking out last night or in this morning. Hoping to find or see the hog from last night.

02-Mar-18
Sun is just peaking out over the horizon. One turkey gobble in the distance. Wake up hogs!

02-Mar-18
Breakfast is served! I know the feeder is going to go off. I’m looking at the darn thing, and still when it runs, I jump. Geez.

02-Mar-18

Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
Austen with his boar.
Austen with his boar.
Congratulations on going some great hogs the first evening out! Here are a few pics of them once we got them hanging up at camp. This is Austen with the big boar of the night, taken at stand 7.

02-Mar-18

Jeff with his hog .
Jeff with his hog .
Here's Jeff with the hog he shot at stand 6.

02-Mar-18
2 hogs coming in from the north.

02-Mar-18

Jay with his hog from RR.
Jay with his hog from RR.
Jay scored from the stand at Rattlesnake Ridge. Despite a great shot, this hog didn't lose a drop of blood until three feet from where it fell. Kai was thrilled to get to come help find this one! Congratulations on a great first night out. Hopefully the one MIA will make an appearance at a feeder again!

02-Mar-18
Hog down at 4.

02-Mar-18
Don’t know why I lost a couple of posts. 2 hogs came in from the south. Black and a calico. Black hogs runs in and out. Gives me the time to slowly stand up. Drew down and waited for the broadside shot. Shot too high and spined the hog. Dropped on the spot. Follow up shot for a quick kill. Score 1 for getting up early.

02-Mar-18
Congrats to each of you. Thanks for the pictures. Morning kill, you're due a midday nap.

02-Mar-18
Spine, lungs, heart whatever works. Congrats!

02-Mar-18
Hopefully you make it a double this morning at 4 finding your hog from last night! Great thread so far, one year I am going to go on this hunt!!!

02-Mar-18
Got some nice hogs hitting the ground ..Congrats and good luck w the rest of your hunt !

02-Mar-18
Keep slamming the ham!!

02-Mar-18
Kyle scores on a great hog this morning. 2 morning hogs is a great feat. Only 3 hunters out this morning.

02-Mar-18

Mike with his Friday morning hog.
Mike with his Friday morning hog.
Here's Mike's hog from stand 4 this morning. The pork's piling up!

02-Mar-18

Kyle with his morning hog.
Kyle with his morning hog.
Here's Kyle with the hog he shot at stand six this morning.

02-Mar-18

Getting ready for breakfast.
Getting ready for breakfast.
Isn't that a beautiful sight!

02-Mar-18
The afternoon hunt has everybody out. I’m sitting at 4 again. Warm and wind is East-Southeast. Very quiet so far.

02-Mar-18
Great pitch-in lunch with steaks on the grill. Porkapalooza shirts, Porkapalooza potion and some gifts. Thanks to Matt and Cheryl for hosting. And Happy Birthday to Les “Country”.

02-Mar-18
White (not albino) hog comes in but offers no shot. Facing me head on and grunting. Stays for a minute then bugs out. Deer move in. C’mon pigs. This is the Porkapalooza and they are the featured guests. Little doe 20 yards away and clueless to my location.

02-Mar-18
Wind very light now.

02-Mar-18
How about a pic of this years shirt? Good luck!

02-Mar-18

The official 2018 Porkapalooza t-shirt.
The official 2018 Porkapalooza t-shirt.
Here you go Skippy...

02-Mar-18

Say "sooooo weeeee"!
Say "sooooo weeeee"!
And here's the official 2018 Porkapalooza group photo.

02-Mar-18

Cheers!
Cheers!
This year we have an official Porkapalooza glass!

02-Mar-18
Just had a small black hog almost commit suicide by going broadside. Saved itself by always facing me. About a 60 pounder. Just right for grilling out.

02-Mar-18
Hogs grunting both north and south of me

02-Mar-18
2 big black hogs north of me but they won’t commit. 2 other hogs come from the south. 1 medium black and an Oreo do commit. Waiting on a broadside.

02-Mar-18
Jay has a hog down and so does Ryan.

02-Mar-18
Oreo makes a bad move and it’s feet up at the top of the hill. Why do they go broadside and tempt me so? About 70 pounds of deliciousness. Thank you Shiloh! Turns out to be 83 pounds. Hard to judge the size sometimes.

02-Mar-18
I like that tee and a glass too, that's uptown. Looking forward to the rest of your hunt.

02-Mar-18
We were out tracking so didn't get pics of Ryan and Jay's hogs yet, but here's Mike with his Oreo hog.

02-Mar-18

Mike with another good hog.
Mike with another good hog.
Guess it would be nice if I included the picture.

03-Mar-18
Congrats guys looks like fun. Glad you slayed some bacon.

Honest question..... why are all the pictures taken with the hunter standing 4 feet behind the hogs and the photographer on the ground? Is it to make them look larger than they are? For example we only get to see the true size of the hogs in the skinning photos. I notice this in almost every Shiloh photo. No doubt they shoot some nice hogs and it seems like a great place to kill some hogs so why the need to straight arm them all? Some of these hogs look 500+ pounds. Let's see the hunters standing next to the hog. It's not hard since they're hanging.

03-Mar-18
Saturday morning hunt. Hunt4life, Boothill and NEassasin are all out on this fine morning.. The rest of the guys, well I think they stayed up too late. I am holding down the fort and waiting on the sunrise.

03-Mar-18

Quinn, we had a professional photographer give us some tips so I've been taking all the the pics using his suggestions. Here is an example why. Both of these pics are of the same hunter with the same hog, standing in the same location ( not on the Porkapalooza btw). Nothing changed between the pics other than how much I zoomed in on the subject. My goal is to provide our guests with the best quality photo of their trophy. If you were the hunter, which of these two pics would you want in a frame on your desk?

03-Mar-18
Thanks. Understood.

03-Mar-18
Well the Porkapalooza winds up tonight. Kyle and I have a 13 hour drive ahead of us and since we have hogs in the cooler, we opted to leave early.

03-Mar-18

Gary with a dandy 4 horn ram he arrowed this morning.

03-Mar-18
I heard Hunt4life has a hog down. Way to go Mike!

03-Mar-18

Mike B with a nice color piggy!

03-Mar-18
Great hunt guys. Thanks for posting, it's always fun to follow along.

04-Mar-18
I sure enjoyed following this hunt. I looks like everyone had a great time. Congrats to all the hunters. I hope all had a safe trip home.

04-Mar-18
Looks like a fun time was had. Always enjoy this annual post. Thanks for sharing.

04-Mar-18
Congrats to everyone

04-Mar-18
Congrats to all.

04-Mar-18

INbowdude's embedded Photo
A little storytelling after a great pitch-in lunch at Pork 12.

05-Mar-18

Jay with the hog he shot at Rattlesnake Ridge
Jay with the hog he shot at Rattlesnake Ridge
Somehow I managed to post Austen's picture instead of Jay, with his first hog. Here's the right picture this time.

05-Mar-18

Empty wood pile.
Empty wood pile.
Cheryl made the mistake of mentioning that we had to be frugal with the firewood in camp so we decided to have a little fun. We waited until Cheryl and Matt left camp and then removed all the firewood except for 1 stick.

05-Mar-18

At lunch we had a fire and grilled steaks over the coals. Neither Matt nor Cheryl mentioned all the wood gone and we thought they didn't notice.

05-Mar-18
When the evening hunt was done, I asked Cheryl if we could have a fire that night and she looked at the stack with it's one log and said, you can't you burned all the wood for lunch! We all had a good laugh about that and replaced the stack the next morning.

05-Mar-18

Full moon rising over camp at the Porkapalooza.

05-Mar-18

Heading out with my Lone Wolf climbing stand to sit near stand 4. Long walk with a heavy load but it got me the shot at the Oreo hog.

05-Mar-18

Impact spot on the Oreo hog. Magnus Buzzcuts did the damage. I saw this blood trail from the stand. 12 yard shot, 75 yard recovery. No need to wait when you see them crash and drop in sight.

05-Mar-18

Pitch-in lunchtime.

05-Mar-18

05-Mar-18

05-Mar-18

Not quite big enough and not quite broadside. Better not do this next year!

05-Mar-18

The whole group for Porkapalooza 12.

26-Mar-18
Missed this thread. Congrats Mike! You guys definitely are tough on those hogs :0

26-Mar-18
INbowdude have u ever considered moving to Oklahoma?

26-Mar-18
Thanks Hawkeye. Swampokie, I would if the wife would. But it looks like Okie teachers are ready to walk out so maybe I'd have a job. Somebody needs a government and econ high school teacher. Heck, Matt & Cheryl might even put me up.

26-Mar-18
Boy aint that the truth! Teachers here make less than our inmates. Really sad! Great pigs!

• Sitka Gear