Teeton 04-Mar-18
jstephens61 04-Mar-18
KHunter 04-Mar-18
Buglmin 04-Mar-18
trackman 04-Mar-18
elkmo 04-Mar-18
RonS 05-Mar-18
03-Mar-18
Several years ago the cell service was non existent for me in and around Rio Grande Reservoir. Had to drive almost to Creed to get a signal. Has anyone been there lately or know of a certain place to park to get a enough signal to text or call out near the RGR? Thanks for your suggestions. JM

03-Mar-18
With Verizon I get nothing out by RGR, A Garmin Inreach is about your only option.

03-Mar-18
gotta drive north a bit toward Lake city to get service from a main road.

04-Mar-18
I was there last year and was shocked on the cell service i had. I have Metro PCS that runs on the T Mobile network, and my son has Sprint. Near the reservoir I had regular service in many areas, and if on the east end of the reservoir and the east and south ends of the unit I had regular service most everywhere. My son didn't have much service until he got to the east end of the reservoir and had 3G on the east end of the unit and could use the internet. I had a Inreach with me and used it in some of the rugged areas we packed into but I was very surprised on how much service I had in the unit.

04-Mar-18
Thanks guys. I have Verizon, looks like I picked the wrong network.

04-Mar-18
I was surprised how good it was for me. Up top where I hunted 3 to 5 bars 4g lte

04-Mar-18
Was over in 80 a few years ago with Verizon. It was hit and miss, more miss.

04-Mar-18
never2shstp,

naw, verizon seems hands down best carrier for colo mountain areas. just a few places where another carrrier has better coverage but that is rare after a lot of years with buds that have non verizon plans. more often than not they are using my verizon phone to call home.

04-Mar-18
Areas close to the cities, you still get enough service to send texts, but the deeper you go into 76, you won't have it. And once you drop down off the top into the basins, it'll be gone.

04-Mar-18
Inreach is the best it will work any where

04-Mar-18
Off the road to Silverton by Quartzite creek

05-Mar-18
I was there in 2016 and had good service up high using verizon.

• Sitka Gear