TrapperKayak 05-Mar-18
TrapperKayak 05-Mar-18
BigOzzie 05-Mar-18
Mt. man 05-Mar-18
SJJ 05-Mar-18
kadbow 05-Mar-18
04-Mar-18

Striker@home's Link
Interesting move by the NVDOW; one I expect to see many western states follow or adopt, at least in certain geographical regions most affected by winter conditions and large concentrations of animals.

04-Mar-18
I was at an outdoors show in erie, pa. this weekend. Somebody was selling deer and elk antlers for dog chews. A 6 inch piece of elk antler was going for $45.00. Deer pieces are going for 10.00-15.00. Man when I went home, I looked at the shed elk and deer that I have an all the money laying there. Too many good memories to cut up those antlers. I figure, cutting them up to the size they have and selling them. I have over $5000.00

05-Mar-18

TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
What a waste of good bone. Wonder how much money I could have, but not doing it with these, sorry.

05-Mar-18
Dog chews - what a waste of good bone. They splinter up, could lodge in their gut, so aren't even that good for dogs. I could have mucho denero from that if I marketed them, but not doing it with these, sorry. And a shed season is probably necessary with all the yahoos out there fighting over them. No fun anymore. Unless you find a spot with no one else in it. Good luck with that.

05-Mar-18
I cut up a few and sent them as Christmas presents to the relatives. That and some huckleberry jam made me the hit of Christmas. Anxious to get out this year but it will not quit snowing. grrrr.

oz

05-Mar-18
I have given antlers to dogs for over 30 years as a chew bone. Never had any issues and SPIKE elk are the best. My 8 month old black lab currently is on month 3 of a nice spike elk. I ask a couple of meat cutters in my area if someone comes in with a spike and doesn't want the spikes to cut them off and save them for me. Dogs love them and they digest way better/safer than rawhide toys that have been proven to plug up dogs bowels.

As for the OP, yes I see this coming all over. Especially the mule deer nuts in the west. Like everything there are good guys and then a couple of complete morons chasing and herding wintering deer to try and make their horns fall off that ruin it for everyone.

05-Mar-18
I think being able to sell antlers is a terrible idea and bad for the animals and us

05-Mar-18
Started in all of western Colorado this year. Can’t go out on public lands until May 1.

• Sitka Gear