Ermine 11-Jul-19
BOWNBIRDHNTR 12-Jul-19
05-Mar-18

Bill V's embedded Photo
Iron Will v100 Broadhead
Bill V's embedded Photo
Iron Will v100 Broadhead

Bill V's Link
As a new sponsor, I would like to introduce myself and my company. I'm Bill Vanderheyden, Owner and Lead Engineer of Iron Will Broadheads in Colorado. After losing a bull elk when a broadhead failed to penetrate the shoulder blade, I spent several years using the latest engineering methods to develop a better broadhead that would pass through bones undamaged, stay sharp, and have excellent long range flight.

We launched the company just over a year ago and the results and positive feedback this year have been amazing. To learn more, you can check out our website at www.ironwilloutfitters.com. Also, I recently shared the product development story and lessons learned on an episode of the Gritty Bowmen . I also describe what makes a premium broadhead and what you get for the higher cost. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIfdt2Wlqi0t

I'm committed to developing the best broadheads and will be looking for ways to continuously improve our products. I look forward to the feedback from this community.

05-Mar-18
Welcome aboard Bill! Glad to see you become a sponsor of the site. Excellent broadhead!

05-Mar-18
Awesome Bill, welcome and I wish you success.

05-Mar-18
Wow....Looks an awful lot like a Magnus Stinger to me.......

05-Mar-18
Looks like a very quality head. Congrats on your efforts and great luck. Some of the negative comments probably don't understand how much harder it is to build the best versus the cheapest. Pretty much standard for any service or product.

05-Mar-18
Welcome aboard and thank you for supporting and sponsoring bowsite.

05-Mar-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
"Wow....Looks an awful lot like a Magnus Stinger to me....... "

The Iron Will main blade is .020" thicker, nearly 3/4" shorter, and the ferrule is made of titanium or stainless steel, and much more robust.

Welcome aboard, Bill!

05-Mar-18
LOL... great looking head.

05-Mar-18
These are now my go to head. Great flight, long lasting edge retention, very tough,deep penetrating heads.

05-Mar-18
Midwest your are correct, not even close!

05-Mar-18
So, dumb question I know but.... Would I need the deep six thread for my 5mm FMJ's? Slick Tricks seem to fit right in, I believe those are standard.

05-Mar-18
Thanks for the welcome and positive comments guys! Xbowdoctor, the 5mm FMJ use standard threads.

06-Mar-18
Hi Bill, will see you at the CBA banquet on March 17 here in Ft. Collins. I have a vendor table for you. my best, Pau

06-Mar-18

LesWelch's embedded Photo
I had the privilege of shooting the second bear ever harvested with an Iron Will broadhead.

06-Mar-18
Great heads, started shooting them last fall. These are second to none in terms of quality. Bill is a great guy to work with as well, up front and very responsive. Welcome

06-Mar-18
Yeah um looks nothing like a Magnus Stinger.

06-Mar-18
There are a few of us British Bowhunters who are giving serious thought to trying these BHs; good luck and good hunting!

06-Mar-18

The first bear harvested with an Iron Will. We will be making a return trip to Canada this spring to hunt them again.

06-Mar-18
Great broadhead. I used them on a deer and elk. They fly great and are made well.

06-Mar-18
Gotta get me some of them!

08-Mar-18

Bill V's embedded Photo
Bill V's embedded Photo
I wanted to share that Iron Will Broadheads were chosen as one of the top products at the ATA show this year by Petersen's Bowhunting. You will also see Iron Will in the best new gear reviews in three other magazines soon. Thanks so much to these magazines, as all of this was with no paid advertisement.

08-Mar-18
Bill have you flight tested the non vented heads? do they fly as well as the vented heads?

09-Mar-18
I have been shooting the solid blades a lot from 40-70 yards and they are hitting with my field points. Aron Snyder shot groups at 60 and 100 yards and said they were "bad ass". In theory, solid blades could be effected more by a cross wind than vented blades, but we haven't seen any issues. More independent testing is underway, but I don't think you can go wrong with either choice at this point.

09-Mar-18

Bill V's embedded Photo
Bill V's embedded Photo
Here is a picture of the solid blade, s125. They start shipping next month.

09-Mar-18
what is the width of these in 100 gn? I don't see much in the way of specs on your website. Thanks,

09-Mar-18
Aron also said they were some of the loudest heads he’d ever shot if I remember correctly. Has that been addressed with the solid heads?

09-Mar-18
Look like a decent broadhead, but a bit pricy for me.

09-Mar-18
Do the Solid Blade fly Quieter than the Vented Heads?

09-Mar-18
alpinebowman: When you go to the website click "Features" and scroll down. All specs are listed there. C

09-Mar-18
Yes the solid blades have helped the noise issue a lot. I personally haven't had any issue with the noise affecting the animals we've shot at it. Deer, bear, turkey, elk.

09-Mar-18
Width of all of the heads is 1 1/16" main blade and 3/4" bleeder. Even though compact, extremely sharp edges that stay sharp and slice all the way through are very effective in creating a lot of bleeding and quick kills. The vented blades make a slight "shish" noise as air passes through the vents. In sound amplitude testing with microphones downrange, the increased noise from vented blades wasn't noticeable at the target until the arrow is very close. My conclusion is that an animal can move from the sound of the bow, but not likely from an increased noise from vented blades or vanes, especially a large animal like an elk. If this concerns you, the solid blades are very quiet.

09-Mar-18
Funny that some worry about the hiss of a broadhead when their bow sounds like an aluminum screen door slamming. Bill, can you post the sound amplitude test results on here, or provide a link? I think all of us would be very interested. When you mentioned that feather fletching was measurably louder than vanes, that was an eye-opener.

09-Mar-18

Sling Shot's embedded Photo
Sling Shot's embedded Photo
This bull never heard my 125 Iron Will!

10-Mar-18
I got my broadheads in the mail yesterday. They look great. I will put them to the test in Africa soon.

I do have one negative comment. I really wish the packaging wasn’t so overdone. I do not want or need an individual wooden box for each broadhead. Tiffany's uses less packaging for diamond necklaces. I hate all of the waste.

That’s all for now.

10-Mar-18
Thanks for sponsoring. Nice looking head rugged

10-Mar-18
My zwickey delta 4 blade will put an animal down just as fast, for lot less cost.

10-Mar-18
Bill,

You make a first class razor sharp product and they shoot like darts out to 60 yards (as far as I've shot them).

You requested customer feedback....I would tend to agree on the packaging (being nice, but a bit overkill):)

Keep up the good work and your company will continue to prosper!

Mark

10-Mar-18
Looks like a nice , quality product. I'm sure they work well, but I'm not paying $30 for a broadhead.

TMBB

10-Mar-18
Thanks for being a sponsor.

I was interested in getting a few of these for my Alberta Moose Hunt. Added them to my online cart and saw they were $100 for 3? Confirmed it wasn’t a typo and clicked off the site. Looks like a great head but can’t justify that cost when my Magnus heads have been killing my critters for 30 years. If they are damaged they replace them for free.

11-Mar-18
A majority of our selling price is just the cost of materials and the manufacturing, so even though they cost a lot more, you are getting a higher value. To me, the broadhead is probably the one piece of gear where performance matters the most. It can mean the difference between a quick, clean kill and a wounded animal (a perfect trip vs. one you lose sleep over). With all the money we spend on trips and other gear, why do we insist a broadhead cost no more than $13? Through years of engineering and using the ideal materials and manufacturing processes, the Iron Will Broadhead will pass through hide, ribs, and shoulder bones undamaged and stay extremely sharp. This has not been the case with any other broadheads I have tested. Also, you can use the Iron Will broadhead on multiple animals. We just had one guy shoot 4 deer with the same head and multiple people shoot 2 elk. Along with the lifetime warranty, this could save you money over time.

11-Mar-18
Lou, I'll let you know when I have the graphs ready to show. I need the sound engineers time to finish crunching all the data and he's been busy working for higher paying clients.

11-Mar-18
Thanks for the feedback on the wood boxes. I'm getting mixed reports. A lot of people really like them, especially the ones getting them custom engraved for gifts (you can custom engrave the blades or wood boxes) and they do a nice job of protecting the blades during shipping and dropping. The idea here is that the box is not disposable, but can be used to store your broadheads, since these broadheads can be used over and over for many years. Soon we will be offering the option to buy six broadheads in a travel case, rather than the individual wood boxes.

11-Mar-18
If you have to buy in a 3 pack, why not put 3 broadheads in one wooden box? If you need to make the box bigger, make it so.

11-Mar-18
Just to clarify, here is what Aron said about the vented Iron Will heads starting at 20:00 minutes in: http://www.grittybowmen.com/gritty-podcasts-blog/2017/8/14/episode-272-aron-snyder-talks-about-broadheads/

11-Mar-18

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
Looks like a good head, but I'm in the too expensive club. Keep talking though, you almost have me convinced they are worth the money :). In the meantime, I'll stick with my bombproof, solid, $45 a 3 pack.

12-Mar-18
Bill V- I haven't bought them yet but I probably will. I used to help run a website that did independent BH testing. It's amazing some of the heads out there have such a following. It always amazed us that guys would spend $1000's of dollars on gear and $1000's more on trips and the BH is where they saved. It's literally the only critical part! Even a cheap, old , used bow can get the arrow in the right spot! I doubt this is the head I'll use to stack a pile of whitetails every season, as they are thin skinned and not really that tough. I would absolutely have one on my quiver in case I found myself in a situation where I needed max penetration. They'd be ideal for bigger critters and great deal for being able to reuse them over and over. Hell I was paying $90 for 3 of the original German Kinetics almost 15 years ago! I still have most of them too. Thank you for designing a broadhead that's the best you could build it without cutting corners.

12-Mar-18
"If you have to buy in a 3 pack, why not put 3 broadheads in one wooden box?"

You can buy 1, 2, 3, or 30. There are no minimum purchase requirements.

12-Mar-18
Good luck Bill, those are good-looking broadheads!

To the guys who come one here just to complain about price or design, start a new thread to do so, or better yet go start your own company and see how well you do.

12-Mar-18

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Well-known broadhead that gets hyped on Bowsite all the time
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Well-known broadhead that gets hyped on Bowsite all the time
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
The Iron Will edge right out of the box
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
The Iron Will edge right out of the box
I used to shoot those cheaper heads too, until I saw the difference in the edge.

12-Mar-18
Looks like a nice product. If I ever need something for larger game I will look into this BH. Thanks for being a sponsor. Jaquomo, what did you use to take the photo of the two points? That some serious magnification.

12-Mar-18
Surfbow,

I came on to thank the new sponsor. I also stated they were not for me as I’ve had good luck with less expensive heads.

I also started my own company and it does very well but some think it’s too expensive. Thanks.

Got to love the guys that post just to complain about others that they perceive to be complaining.

12-Mar-18
Lol

12-Mar-18
Tody, I used an electron microscope I keep around for whenever I want to split hairs....

Actually grabbed the photos off the Iron Will website after I saw them in the banner ad on the bottom of this thread. Pretty striking difference.

12-Mar-18
Hmmmm on their website they are sold by the 3 pack, unless I'm missing something.

12-Mar-18
Lou, that is a striking difference, yet I wounder how you ever killed anything before using these broadheads. Please send me all of your obsolete inferior broadheads, thanks in advance :)

12-Mar-18
Bill, I got mine early last week, and I must say I'm really liking the looks. I got the new Halon 32 on order and it's been backed up for another few weeks.... I for one like the boxes, if ya don't mind me asking would you mind if I gave the boxes to my sister? She is thinking of starting a boutique and makes a lot of her own cool stuff. It's ok if you don't. Some may get funny about their logo ending up elsewhere. Anyway, neat head and you should definitely shoot me an email when you get the travel cases up and running. I have been looking for one and haven't found one that I feel would properly secure these heads.

12-Mar-18
Thanks for all the positive comments guys. We do let people buy singles upon request. Maybe I'll set this up as a standard option. Peco, looks like you are missing a bleeder blade! My original design didn't have one, but occasionally we would get a poor blood trail. I think a single slice is more likely to close up sometimes. Adding the 3/4" bleeder blade was a big improvement, keeping the entrance and exit holes open and cutting more tissue for better bloodtrails and quicker kills.

12-Mar-18

cnelk's Link
PECO

You did miss something - see link

And the option to purchase individual heads under "Gear" on the website

13-Mar-18
Have any pictures of what they do to humerus and scapula bones?

13-Mar-18
cnelk thanks for the link.

13-Mar-18
Nice broad heads, I can see using them in tree stand settings. On tundra hunts, nearly all broad heads are one time use though because it's dang near impossible to find your arrows afterwards. Lol

Regardless, I hope the company does great!

13-Mar-18
ground hunter - you could try them, for the same reason you switched from the BH prior to your Magnus Buzz Cut :)

13-Mar-18
I lost a 30 dollar Broadhead this year. Maxes you tear up a little...especially when it’s attached to a 15 dollar arrow! Haha

13-Mar-18
I see you offer a lifetime warranty. Would be nice if the lifetime extended past the original buyer, similar to what other companies offer such as craftsman. Either way looks like you have a nice product and good luck with the business.

13-Mar-18
Looking forward to stopping by your booth this weekend at the CBA banquet. One of these days I'll sack up and buy a few to try out, too.

13-Mar-18
Great looking head for sure! I fi didn't already have a ton of VPA's, I would try them! Good Luck and welcome to Bowsite!

15-Mar-18
Really like the looks of them, when I get back to Montana, or am able to talk my wife into letting me take a trip, I'll pick some up!

15-Mar-18

Bill V's embedded Photo
Bill V's embedded Photo
If you are attending the Colorado Bowhunter's Association Convention on Saturday, look for this banner and stop by our booth.

15-Mar-18
Bill,

Thanks for supporting our banquet and the CBA by being a vendor. I'm sure it will be worth the marketing dollars spent to be there. Have fun.

18-Mar-18
My buddy put a VPA 3 blade through a deer and I was surprised to see a blade bent with no shoulder contact so Im guessing the Iron Will would do fine with a more solid animal as the VPAs are not bomb proof like everyone thinks.

18-Mar-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I bought a single IW at the CBA banquet

Looking forward to shooting it

18-Mar-18
Or you could just order one...... lol

18-Mar-18
Yeah, I don't understand needing to go find them at an event. Just order one.

18-Mar-18
great looking heads how do they compare to the bishop heads? look comparable and half the price. not sure bishop is still even around.

18-Mar-18
Good talking to you at the banquet CNELK. Let me know how they shoot for you.

Ground Hunter, I bet Les Welch will be at the WI Deer & Turkey Expo in the Sitka Booth and will have a couple along.

Bou'bound, Bishop makes a really strong broadhead. I had the opportunity to handle a bunch of them. The Iron Will broadhead is sharper with better edge retention. Lusk Archery Adventures on Youtube has done a number of similar durability tests on both heads (steel plate & cinder block) and both did really well.

19-Mar-18
They look great. I agree with broad heads being the most important part. Kind of like tires on a vehicle. The trimmings on a car are not what meets the road, the tires are.

Bill, I also see the point to be made for re-use, and think it's valid. However, it isn't an irregular thing on my elk hunts to lose an arrow in the field.

Regardless they look very well made, and I am sure do the intended job very well!

Good luck!

19-Mar-18
Ordered 3 for my upcoming Kodiak goat hunt.

19-Mar-18
Welcome to bowsite and good luck with you business. Purchased a couple heads to try out on water buffalo if I get a break in guiding this season.

19-Mar-18
I don't understand the sentiment of using a clearly inferior broadhead just because it's less expensive....how many bowhunters buy a new bow each and every year, when their old one still got the job done???

The Iron Will heads have a clear advantage over a Stinger, or Delta, Slick Trick, Wac Em etc. Are they as inexpensive-no. Are they built better-YES. People on here w/$1600 bows but can't justify a broadhead that costs $30.

Would I use them on my normal whitetail hunts-no probably not. When going after elk, or maybe making an out of state trip where I don't have months to get it done I'll have some on my arrows

19-Mar-18
I will be in Madison for 5 days. I will bring heads along. I'll also be in ABQ, Grand Junction, Green Bay, and Dallas, in the next month. Advise if you want to see them, we can make contact somewhere.

19-Mar-18
"I don't understand the sentiment of using a clearly inferior broadhead just because it's less expensive...." Because the clearly inferior broadhead has been getting it done for decades. I have never had one of my clearly inferior broadheads fail me. My bow is 10 years old, and I have no plan for a new one. All of that being said, I will be honest and say that all the money I have spent trying different broadheads, maybe I should just buy a couple $30 each broadheads and be done. Maybe not.

19-Mar-18
PECO, if your "clearly inferior broached has been getting it done for decades", why spend "all the money I have spent trying different broadheads"..?

...just curious

19-Mar-18
Surfbow, I have been successful with different broadheads and different arrows. Who doesn't like to try different gear. I personally have not been bow hunting for decades, but there are broadheads out there that have been around for decades and very successful. I'm not sure anyone has ever bought a pack of broadheads, liked them, and never tried another. One broadhead for the rest of your life, I doubt it. Next year someone may come out with a broadhead that makes the Iron Will inferior and cost $90 each. Who is on board, where does it stop? IMO we are already beyond the point of overkill with broadheads and most other archery gear. I'll kill just as dead with my 10 year old Daimond Black Ice and $15 broadhead as the guy with the latest and greatest $1,500 bow and a more expensive broadhead.

19-Mar-18
"PECO, if your "clearly inferior broached has been getting it done for decades", why spend "all the money I have spent trying different broadheads"..?

I know I'm not PECO but broadheads to me are like purses and shoes are to most women. Only problem is I can't try as many as I want to buy because I can't legally kill that many big animals lol...

25-Mar-18

Bill V's Link
The solid blade build is finishing up this week. They should start shipping the first week in April.

25-Mar-18

Bill V's embedded Photo
Bill V's embedded Photo
Here is a picture of the Iron Will s125 broadhead.

25-Mar-18
Bad-Ass lookin' head Bill. I like the fact that the blades are replaceable at a little under half the price of a new head. I have two questions. Do you offer re-sharpening service? And do you sell practice heads?

25-Mar-18

Bill V's Link
We don't offer a sharpening service, but we have videos on our YouTube channel showing how to touch up and thoroughly resharpen the broadheads (link attached). We don't sell practice heads either, but with a hardness of 60HRC, the broadheads can be shot into foam targets and retain the edge very well. Only a light touch up is recommended.

26-Mar-18
Still think Silverflame is a better head .

26-Mar-18
Geez Pope, have you purchased or even shot one?

Compared to what?

26-Mar-18

Bill V's embedded Photo
Bill V's embedded Photo

Bill V's Link
Pope125, the Silverflame is a high quality head, very sharp, and I have used them in the past. If you like them, stick with them. They have killed a ton of big animals. Here are the advantages with Iron Will: We use Grade 5 Titanium and Hardened Stainless steel for the ferrule material. The Silverflame uses 7075 aluminum. We use A2 Tool Steel which has both a higher hardness and higher impact strength vs. the 440SS used by the Silverflame. The Iron Will has a bleeder blade for more consistent and better blood trails. It keeps the holes open and adds 3/4" cut for quicker kills. See attachment for charts comparing these materials.

26-Mar-18
Has one been tried on a cape buffalo yet? I might give one a try in July...

26-Mar-18
Richie, that would be great. I'm looking forward to hearing the results. We had a few big eland shot last year, but I don't know of any cape buffalo. A bunch of our broadheads are headed for Africa now, so I'll let you know.

26-Mar-18
From what I heard the Silver Flames of today are not as good as the originals. Bill those non vented look tough!

26-Mar-18
Bill you are winning me over just by how you respond to negative post. Nice job.

26-Mar-18
Spike, not to hijack this thread, but to make sure the correct information is out there, the original German kinetic silver flames sold, and the buyer created an inferior product. German kinetics is now making the head again, but can’t call them silver flames. The ones made in Germany are just called German kinetics. At least that’s my understanding.

27-Mar-18
Yes, my comments were about the original German Kinetics Silverflames which are now just called German Kinetics. I used these about 15 years ago and still have a few.

27-Mar-18
How bout you sell me 3 unvented and I'll hunt with them this year. If I lose them, too bad. If I'm not impressed enough, I'll send them back for a full refund. But if I like them, I'll order 9 more and you'll have a loyal customer. Deal?

27-Mar-18
Bill: We met briefly out at the range at a BTB shoot last year. The heads look great and I wish your business the best. Everyone I have spoken with who is using them is impressed with them.

27-Mar-18
Bill, do the vented and non-vented fly identically?

27-Mar-18
I like the money back guarantee option!

27-Mar-18
I had full intentions of picking some of these heads up last year but got totally side tracked on my Sons elk hunts. These heads look awesome & will get a testing this year, no doubt they will perform flawlessly, Bill has not cut any corners here! Look forward to putting them through a couple of bulls!

ElkNut/Paul

27-Mar-18
Idyll, I would take back any unused heads if you are not satisfied.

27-Mar-18
Thanks for all the positive comments guys. Painless, the solid blades are flying identical to the vented blades so far with four testers.

27-Mar-18
What speeds are you testing them at?

27-Mar-18
Alright, I'll try them. You have a 125 unvented coming out?

27-Mar-18
I plan to get some and use them on my spring bear. Last few have been killed with Exodus but I love high quality BHs.

27-Mar-18
PECO, we have reports of our V-Series broadheads hitting with field points up to 320-330 fps. The solid blades have been tested up to 312 fps so far.

27-Mar-18
Idyll, the s125 (solid blade) will start shipping within two weeks. They are available for preorder now.

28-Mar-18
Bill,. I am heading to Africa on a lion hunt in May. I plan on tipping my arrows with your Broadhead. I will keep you posted on the result! Gary

28-Mar-18
Ordered 6 last night in 125 grain.

28-Mar-18
I Have been shooting the vented 100 grain heads, Shooting in the low 270s. They fly as good as anything Similarly sized under 40 yards. I think were they shine is when i double that distance. the only other head i think shoots as well at longer ranges is solids. These are some great heads.

28-Mar-18
single or double bevel?

29-Mar-18
Good luck, Gary! I'm looking forward to the story.

Mad Trapper, we use a double bevel. I have researched, analyzed, designed, and tested a single bevel and I think the double bevel is superior for penetration and durability.

29-Mar-18
I believe you guys came out with the solids because some minor concern with noise with the vented. Have you had any feed back on flight noise on the solids in comparison. I'm sure there is some subjectivity there. Thanks

29-Mar-18
Indiana35, the main podcast host that didn't like the hiss of the vented blades has reported the solid blades to be "dead quiet". Many people say they can't hear either one or think their vane noise is a bigger factor. From my sound amplitude testing, the solid blade is very quiet, close to a field point.

29-Mar-18
I haven’t shot these heads but comparing two heads of the same brand only difference being vents, it’s night and day. I don’t shoot blazer vanes and I like solid broadheads for the lack of noise. Those s125’s look pretty mean.

31-Mar-18

BWBOW's embedded Photo
6 came in today
BWBOW's embedded Photo
6 came in today

01-Apr-18
Every picture I see of these heads tempts me even more... If I didnt already have a lot of money tied up in heads, these would be my head of choice.....

02-Apr-18

Blood trail of 2017 buck, using the vented 100 grain IronWill

02-Apr-18
Leswelsh, did you happen to try touching up the blades ? If so , did you get them real sharp?

03-Apr-18
Pope, I did not. I washed it off, spun it, and put it back in my quiver. I harvested a turkey with it the following week. It's currently sitting at home waiting for a wash up. I'll check it over and see if it needs a little touch up before use again. Amazing how sharp they are.

03-Apr-18
Do you believe the broadhead caused that blood trail or good shot placement?

03-Apr-18
Obviously, IMO, a combination of both. A razor sharp head of good design will leave a much better blood trail than an inferior or duller product.

03-Apr-18
Hi Bill, Has anyone used these broadhead out of a recurve? Interested in any feedback.

04-Apr-18
Welcome!

04-Apr-18
Thanks!

05-Apr-18
IA, we have quite a few recurve shooters reporting good results. One sent me some pictures of hogs he shot yesterday. Also, Lou (Jacquomo) told me they hit with his field points at 40 yards.

05-Apr-18
Sounds good. Thanks for info

05-Apr-18
As long as the stickbow setup is well-tuned (spine, brace height and nock point) they hit right with my field points.

Unfortunately, I see way too many trad guys with crappy tuning who try to blame the broadhead. There is not a better balanced head out there than the Iron Will.

05-Apr-18
Believe my setup is tuned. Currently using Helix BH and they perform well but interested in the Iron Will since they are double beveled. May have to give them a try

07-Apr-18

Bill V's embedded Photo
Bill V's embedded Photo
The S-Series Solid Blade Broadheads are shipping now.

07-Apr-18
Bill, Do you have a time frame on the travel packs yet?

08-Apr-18

Bill V's embedded Photo
Bill V's embedded Photo
Robear, we should be shipping the travel cases about May 1.

08-Apr-18
That travel case looks mighty nice! I'll have to pick one up for my six! When will they be up for preorder?

08-Apr-18
I'll admit,,.......after previously saying they were too expensive for me I went ahead and bought 3. :) Bill seems like a good guy and whomever supports our CBA and Bowsite too gets my support. Can't wait to try out your heads. Thanks for being a CBA Member and a Bowsite sponsor.

10-Apr-18
Xbowdoc, the cases should be up for preorder within a week, shipping around May 1.

10-Apr-18
Bill, What are the ordering options going to be? Case only, and a separate order for heads, or case and heads as a combo?

11-Apr-18
You will be able to order the case only or the case and six broadheads together.

12-Apr-18
How much of a discount for the case if you buy six broadheads, or is it free with 6 broadheads?

12-Apr-18
PECO, the case will be half price with 6 broadheads ($14.95, normally $29.95). It is made by SKB with customized high density co-polymer inserts to clamp Iron Will broadheads on the flat faces of the main blade, not the edges. It is very rugged, waterproof, and dust proof to military standards.

20-Apr-18
The travel cases and case broadhead combo are available now for pre order. Shipping out May 1.

24-Apr-18
The Werewolf Eclipse? Kifarucast episode 64 compared 4 or 5 broadheads including the Iron Will and Werewolf Eclipse. I haven't shot the Eclipse but I see they use an aluminum ferrule, so the Iron Will ferrule is 2X stronger. The Eclipse is lower cost.

25-Apr-18

Bill V's embedded Photo
Bill V's embedded Photo

Bill V's Link
I get a lot of question about what makes a premium broadheads and why does it cost more. Two very important benefits are sharpness and edge retention. We use A2 tool steel with a hardness of 60 HRC. We do a triple draw heat treatment and cryogenic treatment to get the maximum performance from the steel. This allows us to get a very high hardness along with a high impact strength. Higher hardness allows us to get a much sharper edge and maintain that edge longer. We do a three stage grinding process where the final stage is a super fine honing. With 6 double beveled edges on our main blade, that is 36 grinds. Everyone says they have razor sharp edges, but many do not. Here are some high magnification photos (200X) of five very popular elk broadheads along with ours in the lower right.

25-Apr-18

Bill V's embedded Photo
Bill V's embedded Photo
Many broadheads that start sharp are dull by the time they go through hide and for sure through a rib. I recently did a force test, pushing broadheads through a tanned deer hide and into a piece of foam. After two passes through hide, the two other broadheads that started sharp ended up looking like the first two photos. They were made from 420SS with a hardness of about 50 HRC (by far the most popular broadheads blade steel). There was no measureable change to the Iron Will broadhead (far right). This demonstrates the advantage of a premium blade steel at high hardness. It is cutting all the way through, not pushing tissue aside, to maximize bleeding for good blood trails and quick kills.

14-May-18

Bill V's embedded Photo
Bill V's embedded Photo
Like to shoot every arrow and broadhead you are going to hunt with? No problem. A recent study showed no measurable difference in our edges to .0001” after 5 shots in the target, meaning no touch up required on 5 shots or less. I wouldn’t recommend this with other broadheads, but our A2 tool steel at 60 HRC hardness has incredible edge retention. After 100 shots we were still sharper than many broadheads out of the box.

14-May-18

Bill V's embedded Photo
Bill V's embedded Photo
Here is the edge picture at 300X after 5 shots in the target.

01-Dec-18

Bill V - Iron Will 's embedded Photo
Bill V - Iron Will 's embedded Photo
We also offer custom engraved broadheads and wood boxes. This has been very popular among some of our customers, especially for gifts. They are $10 off now through Sunday using code IWENG10.

01-Dec-18
Bill, thanks for sponsoring here. I’ve used the vented 125 IW for about a year. So far it has worked well on Alaskan brown bear, black bear, Alaskan wolf, Aoudad (free range) and whitetail. None of these animals slowed the IW down, as it blew through all of them, except the whitetail, that was spined. These heads are highly accurate, extremely sharp and are re sharpenable. If there’s a noise issue, the animals I’ve hunted never noticed it. Bill, my only suggestion, is make a 1.25” cut with the same bleeder as the current 125.

02-Dec-18
Is it useful to coat with light oil or wax while storing from season to season?

02-Dec-18

Bill V - Iron Will 's Link
Thanks Dale. I really appreciate the feedback. Indiana35, they come from the factory with a light coating of food grade mineral oil (a.k.a. cutting board oil). Re applying this can improve corrosion resistance. I clean mine with isopropyl alcohol and wipe on a thin coat of mineral oil for storage. I'm attaching a link with a video from our YouTube channel.

10-Jul-19
Awesome broadheads.

11-Jul-19
Just ordered the K1 knife and sharpener.

11-Jul-19
The knife is fantastic. Really happy with it and how light it is

12-Jul-19
I ordered the knife and sharpener as well. Excited to try it out!

• Sitka Gear