Kodiak 06-Mar-18
Newhunter1 06-Mar-18
Drummer Boy 06-Mar-18
Bowbender8 06-Mar-18
Surfbow 06-Mar-18
05-Mar-18

Beendare's Link
Theres a new cart in town....the Hipstar....at link

Its a wheeled cart that hooks to your waist and rolls behind you. I dunno how this would be on a 30 deg slope with 150# of elk meat in it....but its interesting.

The Youtube link to the thing has a bunch of these type of wheeled carts in the sidebar

Thumbs up or down?

05-Mar-18
Would think that'd be awfully hard on the hips with any sort of load. Shoulder straps would help that problem, but I like the concept.

06-Mar-18

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo

06-Mar-18

06-Mar-18
Not trad enough for me, needs wooden wheels or Square wheels maybe!;-)

06-Mar-18
I think the proof is in the commercial,,there isn't one seniro that would fit into a true hunting/ backcountry trek.looks great in the city or on sand,,I don't hunt much of eather..my vote. It won't hold up in a hunting/ packing game..and the inability to control how it moves behind you would suck

06-Mar-18
I find pushing / pulling carts or anything on wheels to be more difficult than walking. Every now and again I've tried to shortcut myself using an "easy way" out and find it more difficult. A cart or wheeled device is fighting you 100% of the time. When you have a load on your back mid stride momentum pulls you forward and you only have a downward force of gravity to content with. Of course you are fighting gravity 100% of the time, but it is more normal.

With a cart you are pushing/pulling 100% of the time. There is no rest. It will always pull, and it is a different set of muscles that I guess I don't train, so they tire quicker. Throwing a heavy pack on is just more of the same as you've always been doing, except heavier. If you have a hard time putting a load on your back maybe it is best, or I am sure you can put more overall weight in the cart and still be able to keep it rolling, but I think a lot of the time it is harder than throwing the load on your back. I used a game cart one time for a deer and it was much harder than had I just quartered it and carried it out.

06-Mar-18
Great if you're on an old logging road...other than that, no.

There is no free lunch whilst humping gear.

06-Mar-18
"or even military infantry." Are they just stupid? Did they actually serve in the infantry? Someone brings one of those to a hump or a field exercise they will be first beat down and then the imagination would run wild as to what the platoon sergeants would do. Stupid!!

06-Mar-18
It would kill my hips.

06-Mar-18
I used to have a 2 wheel cart that folded well. My partner and I would strap 2 climbers and our pack to it and drag it in behind us. Worked well. More than once it came out with a deer and the climbers on it but we'd wear the packs. Nice for public land in my state.

06-Mar-18
Carts are great if you have a nice trail or road and there aren't many hills to go up and down, but I sure as heck wouldn't want to be strapped to the thing!

• Sitka Gear