HUNT MAN 15-Mar-18
t-roy 15-Mar-18
Brotsky 15-Mar-18
loesshillsarcher 15-Mar-18
Rock 15-Mar-18
trkyslr 15-Mar-18
hitmanatgym 16-Mar-18
07-Mar-18
Hey guys, I am looking to replace my strutter decoy. I have had a b-mobile for several years and really liked it, but wondering if any of you might think there is a better one. Durability is a must!

Thanks Hitman

07-Mar-18

Brotsky's Link
Dave Smith is your huckleberry. See my link.

07-Mar-18
Thanks Brotsky! Good luck this season! Is your daughter still joining you turkey hunting?

07-Mar-18
She sure is! Counting the days until Go time! Best of luck to you as well!

08-Mar-18
Another vote for the DSD strutter. The decoy is built to take the abuse of toms pounding on it. I used to swear by the DSD jake and still love that decoy, but I have been running the DSD strutter now the past four seasons as my primary decoy and it just flat proves to be deadly.

08-Mar-18
The Cabelas near me has a DSD Strutter in the Bargain Cave for under $100.00 I quit using strutters a couple of years ago or I would own it.

08-Mar-18
Rock, it would be amazing if you told me that the Cabelas near you was in Woodbury MN..... For some reason, strutter decoy's seem to work best for me.

10-Mar-18
Where I hunt in Nebraska the toms pretty much tend to avoid my jake strutter decoy. They don't even seem interested and I've never had it beat up. I've always tried to make sense of this because a lot of guys tend to have great success with Jakes. The ratio of toms to hens is relatively low where I hunt so the few toms that are present have plenty of hens to keep them busy.....no need to fight with jakes? I would expect in areas with more toms fighting over hens a jake decoy would likely work better. I've only harvested 2 toms that came to jake decoys and they more or less headed over to my decoys without even strutting. It took me quite a while to figure this out and now I don't even use a strutter. One thing I've learned with turkeys is to always keep an open mind. Be willing to adapt and make changes as you notice the reaction of toms, jakes, and hens. A lot of guys have success with jakes so give it a try. DSD tend to get rave reviews and I've hardly ever heard a bad report other than the high pricetag!

11-Mar-18

Dollar's embedded Photo
Dollar's embedded Photo
DSD is a very durable decoy this one is probably 4 or more years old.It worked just fine this past Tuesday morning.Now the fan is another question.A quick release is best so it can go flying once contact is made.

13-Mar-18
I have been using the cheap Walmart decoys that cost about $10.00. 3 hens and 1 jake. I have taken my bird every year for the last 5 years with them. Last year was a good year for me. 1 tom in Pa. and 2 toms in Oh.

15-Mar-18
I just have to say that we have such a great community here on bow site!!! I have always said that hunters are the best people and Rock proved me right!! I had never met Rock or had any dealings with him in the past, yet he went out of his way to go to Cabela's and pick up a decoy and then package it up and send it out to me.... All so I could save some money! Thank you Rock! My daughter wanted me to say thank you as well! We are looking forward to using our new strutter in a few weeks when our season opens!

15-Mar-18
Awesome

15-Mar-18
Kudos to you, Rock!

15-Mar-18
Atta boy Rock! I'm glad we have good guys like you here to make the rest of us look good! :)

15-Mar-18
I have a Cally Morris mounted strutter. I have killed two birds a year off of it ever since owning it. I put it about 2 to 3 yards from the blind and the toms go straight to it. It would not be as durable as the DSD in my opinion.

15-Mar-18
hitmanatgym, glad I could help and hope you like the decoy and kill some birds with it.

15-Mar-18
#rockdaman

16-Mar-18
Rock, I will be posting some photo's if we do!!

• Sitka Gear