KPD 07-Mar-18
spike78 07-Mar-18
SaddleReaper 07-Mar-18
snapcrackpop 07-Mar-18
Shawn 07-Mar-18
Tooth 07-Mar-18
Franklin 07-Mar-18
07-Mar-18
I am in the market for a new climber. I have been using this lone wold flip top wide sit and climb. I absolutely hate it. Its just too heave and it is very uncomfortable and I HATE having to guide that stupid traction belt through the slit in the side of the treestand frame...I'm done with this thing. I am looking at these X-stands but I am not sold with those cables... Why cant summit just produce a climber that is a maximum of 200 pound capacity and get something in the 15 pound and under range or do they and I just dont know about it? What are your recommendations based on today's models?? I am 5'9" and 165 pounds I want light weight Under 15 pounds total package. Lets hear it guys.

07-Mar-18
You're going to get guys saying to just get a tree saddle, or lineman spikes and a super light hang-on. However, the Lone Wolf Assault II comes in at under 15lbs and I've done multiple all-day sits in it. Not the most comfortable stand out there but it packs down really small, is light, super easy to use, and gets the jobs done.

07-Mar-18
Today's model, the Summit Openshot SD is 15 lbs and I believe rated for 300 lbs. I have an older model openshot and I believe its 12 or 13 lbs. Probably the additional weight is the new seat design.

07-Mar-18
I’ve been using a loggy bayou for 25 years and have no problems with it. 11 lbs and comfortable.

I tried the x stand when it first came out, not comfortable and tough to pack (for me, the cables kept hanging up on brush). Then tried a guido’s web - light and comfortable but just couldn’t get used to facing the tree.

Ended up back with the loggy.

07-Mar-18
I have a Treewalker that is somewhere between 14 to 17 pounds. Never had a problem even up hill.

07-Mar-18
Mallardsx2

It might be worth your time to take a look at saddle hunting if you arent already familiar with it... check out saddlehunter.com forums. For the price of a premium climber you could get outfitted with a saddle type hunting system and be far more versatile and superior to a climber in most ways (aside from all day sitting comfort). Its a game changer IMO... forget clanky climbers!

07-Mar-18
open shot, remove the seat, replace with mesh.

XOP has a new "cable" that is actually a band of spring steel, so if they come out with that on the new hand climber, the best of both worlds!

That's all I got.

07-Mar-18
I am one of the guys who will say go with a Chippewa wedge-loc stand and a set of 4 LW sticks. Pretty light and you wont be stuck having to climb a limbless tree and sticking out like a sore thumb. Way more options for setting up then a climber. Shawn

07-Mar-18
I've got an xstand, only climber I've ever owned. I like it a lot, would definitely recommend. Its this model, price is right too! Its the xstand deluxe, got it from sportsmans guide.

07-Mar-18
Summit Openshot....

• Sitka Gear