IdyllwildArcher 09-Mar-18
caribou77 09-Mar-18
Steve H. 09-Mar-18
Nick Muche 10-Mar-18
Trial153 10-Mar-18
Dwitt2n 10-Mar-18
HUNT MAN 10-Mar-18
07-Mar-18
Curious what you thing Alaska's impact will be on Caribou since they basically have a huge amount of clientele coming going forward? We've been trying to book in 2021ish but can't since most outfitters give returners 1st choice. My guess is that to find a good outfitter or transporter will go up in price and wait list...

07-Mar-18
you are right

07-Mar-18
I think the transporters got backlogged even before the Quebec closure, but I agree it won’t help the matter. If you find it frustrating as a Nonresident, imagine how residents feel when the only few air taxis are swamped years in advance with out of staters.

09-Mar-18
Im sure you will see a price increase. I noticed a Large price increase for Manitoba hunts for those outfitters that have released 2019 pricing.

09-Mar-18
I bet there will be a considerable price increase on Grizzly bear hunts as well.

09-Mar-18
If you follow the P&Y Caribou entries of all five species across North America they have all been in varying degrees of decline the last ten years. There are different reasons but across NA there is a cyclical decline in numbers not due to hunting. When it hit the Woodland Caribou specie on Newfoundland in 2007 tags were cut 90% and the price for primo tags went from $3,500 to $7,500. Everyone should hunt at least one of the Caribou species at some time but it’s going to be expensive. Do it ASAP.

09-Mar-18
Hey Luke, that's why I'm heading up to Manitoba this year for caribou. Some places jumped there prices 3 grand for 2019. See you on the tundra. Rory

09-Mar-18
I saw that after you asked if I wanted to join! Only gonna get worse. Planning my mountain bou/sheep hunt now.

09-Mar-18
Chuck, (Charlie) what exactly are you saying? I'm very confused.

09-Mar-18
I think that he's saying that a lot of the herds are in decline which reduces supply. A lot of the herds are in fact, in decline, with less currently on the rise than are declining.

Outfitter prices are certainly going up. Still, AK caribou are still one of those hunts that you can do DIY. And in several areas.

09-Mar-18
Rory I just looked again and Ganglers was the only outfitter showing prices for 2019. They did go up but notice they dropped the "trophy fee". So it didnt go up as much as it looks. And as Ike mentioned, alaska can still be done DIY. Some for a pretty fair cost.

09-Mar-18
http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/applications/webintra/wcnews/2018/releases/01-02-2018.pdf

Someone needs to figure out a good way to access the Porcupine Herd.

10-Mar-18

Nick Muche's Link
To help with Steve's link

10-Mar-18
Good read nick

10-Mar-18
good read...thx....

10-Mar-18
Thanks for posting Nick!

• Sitka Gear