LKH 11-Mar-18
SuperSlam 12-Mar-18
PAstringking 12-Mar-18
bradbear 13-Mar-18
TMA1010 13-Mar-18
jdee 13-Mar-18
NorCalVineyards 05-Apr-18
08-Mar-18
Hello everyone, I'm looking into setting up a mule deer hunt for my father and I in the next 5 years and was wondering if I could get some recommendations of outfitters in eastern Colorado? We've bowhunted for whitetails in western Kansas for years and have seen some giant mulies but getting a nonres tag is hard and we wouldn't want to skip hunting the whitetails for chasing mulies, so eastern CO rifle mulie in December is what we'd like to do. Ive done alot of research and it looks like the chance at a great deer (170-180+) with some of these outfitters is good it's just a matter of getting enough points for a tag. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

08-Mar-18
Scott Limmer with CWO. The mature bucks are still with the does on December 1 and anyone in a good area who can pull a trigger will kill one. My area WCO keeps badgering the CPW to reduce the December buck tags but they sure like that nonresident money.

08-Mar-18
+1 for Scott Limmer. You will get an opportunity at a great buck with Limmer.

08-Mar-18
Thanks guys. Scott's names has come up many times in everything I've looked at, not sure I've even seen a negative comment or review yet.

08-Mar-18
Makes you wonder just how big they would get if not hunted during the rut?? MT does and mature bucks on public are rare. WY doesn't and produces bigger bucks.

08-Mar-18
Before they had the December rifle season (and before the outfitting explosion) there were a LOT more gagger bucks. I've discussed this with the WCO and the biologist. The CPW is only concerned about buck-doe ratio, not antler size.

08-Mar-18
Too bad they can't find some balance. I guess the only thing keeping some semblance of maturity is the amount of private land. I see that to some degree here in MT.

08-Mar-18
Scott Limmer is the man....but good luck getting in with a rifle. He is turning away past clients for those hunts lol.

08-Mar-18
I killed a 220 with Scott a couple years ago.

08-Mar-18
I'll be hunting with Scott December 1st. Can't wait... Big mulies have been my nemesis.

09-Mar-18

09-Mar-18
Olink... you will have a great hunt.

10-Mar-18
What units are Scotts eastern plains hunts in ?

10-Mar-18
He hunts a variety of units. I will let Scott answer to which he hunts. Give him a call

11-Mar-18

SuperSlam's embedded Photo
SuperSlam's embedded Photo
I killed this one with Scott last Oct.

11-Mar-18
SuperSlam, nice buck, but you look bummed. Were you on a bigger one?

11-Mar-18
Yeah, that is one serious look for such a happy event.

12-Mar-18
No, I was just in shock!

12-Mar-18

PAstringking's embedded Photo
PAstringking's embedded Photo
As you should be!! Great buck SuperSlam.

This is a buck Scott was chasing...and I dont believe was ever taken. Missed twice by the same bowhunter.

13-Mar-18
Kind of interesting(at least to me!) On mine we were actually after the 210 that a local ended up killing. THey knew the deer well and had got very close bowhunting. We were not finding it and the first the local guy saw it was right at my shot on the other one. He killed it less then a 1000 yards away second after mine. They had not known about my deer. But after it got posted on another sight with my full name, I ended up getting a letter in the mail from a gentleman with live pictures of the deer I shot and just had his number and it said thought you might want to talk. Well when we were skinning the deer we had found a piece of broad head stuck just into its spin. When I called him he was the one who had hit it. He had kept after it hard and got pretty close again but said the deer was doing great and he just wasnt' close enough for traditional archery.

13-Mar-18

TMA1010's Link
Another good outfitter is Jeremy Fiscus. He runs Sandy Hills Hunt Company and has been killing big ones since he was a guide for Atkinson Expeditions years ago. Great guy and his guides are all good dudes too. He has some really nice tracts lined up with really big deer on them. Might be tough to get in with him though, he always offers returning customers their spot for the next year and I believe most guys go back pretty regularly.

13-Mar-18
I’m not sure what they are doing now days but you should look into Darin Dickey Outfitters out of Cheyenne Wells, CO. They had a TON of land in eastern CO and killed some of the biggest deer there. Kind of like hunting with the locals.

05-Apr-18
PA Stringking, I missed that buck once, but was pinned on the ground with 5 does looking at me and when I went to draw from the "fetal" position, I touched off the trigger and dumped the arrow. I'm sure you heard the "real story".

• Sitka Gear