Smtn10PT 12-Mar-18
Mauifire 15-Mar-18
pav 15-Mar-18
Jaquomo 15-Mar-18
Drnaln 15-Mar-18
HUNT MAN 15-Mar-18
pav 16-Mar-18
11-Mar-18
Is anyone submitting paper applications this year? I'm seeing a $10 application fee required per application, but the online vendor is tacking on nearly another $29.00 to apply online. I get charging a fee, but $29.00 per applicant is quite a racket.

11-Mar-18
Who did you think was going to pay the credit card company? Montana? Not likely.

12-Mar-18
My bad....didn't think about the credit card angle. Saw the fee added at the end and a link to some verbage on how fees are calculated. The explanation only mentioned 3rd party processing and a short blurb regarding website maintenance. I do wish they would just set a price and go with it. The list of nickel/dime fees is getting a bit ridiculous. The application looks more and more like my cell phone bill every year.

12-Mar-18
Give them a break, how can they stay in business at the bargain basement tag fees they charge :)

15-Mar-18
Anyone know how to apply for points only in montana

15-Mar-18
Don't believe that is an option for tag preference points. Definitely not an option for limited entry permit bonus points.

15-Mar-18
Nickling and diming, no doubt. In WY the elk license fee is bad enough, but then after paying for the preference points we also have to buy an archery stamp, a conservation stamp, and then a "management" (feeding) stamp on top of it.

It's like buying a plane ticket advertised at $199, which actually ends up costing $300 after all the fees are tacked on.

15-Mar-18
I believe Montana started an option to buy just Bonus Points & Preference Points last year. I think the Application period is in July to September.

15-Mar-18
You can buy just a point now. July - sept.

16-Mar-18
Wow, that is a significant change. I was completely unaware. Building bonus points in Montana was quite an expensive proposition under the previous rules. Thanks guys!

• Sitka Gear