Elk
Contributors to this thread:
Smilincoyote 16-Mar-18
Huntcell 16-Mar-18
Michael 16-Mar-18
Inshart 16-Mar-18
LKH 17-Mar-18
16-Mar-18
I drew a unit 7 tag for Wyoming this year, any recent experience that can point me in the right direction? Public land DIY hunt. Any input would be much appreciated!

16-Mar-18
Hike in behind Wagonhound ranch some of them monster bulls got to be wandering on to public!

16-Mar-18

Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
I haven’t hunted it but I did spend a couple evenings in that unit last year while I was in the area for work.

There are bulls to be had on public.

16-Mar-18
On one of the outdoor shows I watched Blaton and Waddell (sp?) both shoot big bulls while hunting out of the Wagon Hound Ranch - one of them mentioned that the other actually shot his on public land not to far off the ranch - so yeah, what Huntcell said.

17-Mar-18
I guided on a place called Powderhorn about 25 miles sw of Douglas. Close to wagon hound. I think there was a way to get in behind us on to public but it was so rough we just never bothered going in. Horses maybe, but some places no. Only one or two gaps through the rock. Many times I would start up and realize I couldn't get out and have to try another canyon. If you kill an elk back there you will pay in skin. j This was 2003-05, before Pref points.

• Sitka Gear