Ken Moody Safaris 21-Mar-18
Highlife 21-Mar-18
Ken Moody Safaris 23-Mar-18
Ken Moody Safaris 02-Apr-18
Ken Moody Safaris 02-Apr-18
17-Mar-18
At 10:00am est yesterday we signed an exclusive hunting rights contract for a new, premier dangerous game hunting area in SA. The area is 35,000 acres and borders Kruger National Park. By the end of July this year the border fence between the area and Kruger is scheduled to be removed providing an open range hunting experience. All Big 5 are present on the area and our allocation includes a large quota of Cape Buffalo. We will not market the lion or elephant until we have CITES in hand but the buffalo hunts are booking now for 2019 for the same rate as our other area....$8900 for 7 days inclusive of daily rate and trophy fee. Here is your opportunity to hunt on what will quickly become one of the premier dangerous game hunting venues in SA for open range buffalo. It doesn’t get any better than this in the country and the price cannot be beaten. These are wild buffalo. We have 15 buffalo hunts booked in the area already for next season so do not hesitate if you want to reserve your space. Our quota is limited.

17-Mar-18

Ken Moody Safaris's embedded Photo
35,000 acres outlined in white. The KNP boundary is the longest portion of the border on the far right side of the photo.

17-Mar-18

Upscale tented camp for accommodations.

17-Mar-18
How far from the Cape ?

17-Mar-18
About 1,100 miles from where you’ll be hunting in the Western Cape.

17-Mar-18
Holy smokes, that's an awesome location!! I suppose you could fly right into Phalaborwa (I landed there a couple of times) and be in camp inside of 2 hours!!

Post up some photos, especially trail cam images whenever you get a chance. This is very tempting - how do you decide between a cape buffalo and a moose (no, I can't do both!!).

All the best with this new concession!

17-Mar-18
You can fly to Hoedspruit or Phalaborwa. There’s one flight per day from Johannesburg or we will pick up and and drive.

There’s also an airstrip on the property so a charter is also an option but maybe expensive for such a short hop.

17-Mar-18
Wow next to the park, should be a possibility for some huge elephants and extermly full mane lions from those hunts. Good for you getting this concession.

17-Mar-18
We are extremely pleased to have landed this prize. It’s game rich now but once the boundary fence comes down it will be a very special place.

18-Mar-18
That's awesome Ken, congrats!

18-Mar-18
Thanks Peyton. The place will evolve into the next Timbavati and Klaserie and we have it all tied up. I am quite pleased.

18-Mar-18
Ken,

I think you have hit a gold mine !! Congrats. Will this concession be for bow or gun or just bow exclusive?

18-Mar-18
Bow or rifle. It’s huge and will support all.

18-Mar-18
Very cool Ken. Congrats on securing a gem.

18-Mar-18
Congrats on the new land. So cool I hope to make it there one day. My last trip to Clarkerange was 98 or 99. I think you’ll remember the weekend well. You were so crazy mad some teenagers stole your Jeep or mud truck from the service station in town that was fixing it. Very unique weekend!!!

19-Mar-18
I am only marketing this area here first to give bowsiters first option on this opportunity. In about one or two weeks I’ll be making an international marketing push to fill the remaining few available spots for 2019. We have booked two more bowhunters in the past 24 hours so our quota is being taken fairly quickly. Out of 25 buffalo available for 2019 we have 8 remaining.

19-Mar-18
Sounds like one hell of a spot, best of luck with it Ken!

19-Mar-18
following

19-Mar-18
lmao @ Pat!

19-Mar-18
Republicans such as myself should stay away from all things “Russian” at this point and time.

19-Mar-18
Ken, Is the possibility of bowhunting elephant there? Not sure on the legality of such things these days.

19-Mar-18
Bowhunting elephant is still not legal.

19-Mar-18
This would be an amazing hunt.

20-Mar-18
Once we have the official permits in hand I will market these hunts but anyone interested in direct notification when this occurs or pricing please PM or email me at [email protected].

20-Mar-18
I just can't help myself. ........You gonna name the lions? ;)

21-Mar-18
See flyer below

21-Mar-18
I’ve posted the above flyer for these hunts beginning in 2019.

21-Mar-18
Lion and elephant are subject to CITES allocation. The request will go thru to USFWS for their approval.

21-Mar-18
That's some great deals there!

21-Mar-18

Updated flyer

23-Mar-18
ttt

02-Apr-18
Of the 25 buffalo on our 2019 quota we have booked 23. There are two buffalo left to be booked so if you are on the fence now is the time to fall over to the positive side :)

02-Apr-18
We are also taking 2020 bookings on a tentative basis, tentative meaning we cannot guarantee pricing two years out but will allow you to reserve your buffalo hunt with deposit. If pricing then becomes untenable, we will refund the deposit 100%. We currently have three clients booked for 2020 for buffalo so there's still availability.

• Sitka Gear