Shawn 27-Mar-18
wilbur 27-Mar-18
Smtn10PT 27-Mar-18
Whocares 27-Mar-18
TEmbry 27-Mar-18
18-Mar-18

Whocares's embedded Photo
Did my first Euro mounts. Last Fall's Colorado elk and a whitetail I took away from wolves that were eating him up by my shack in northern Minn. about four years ago. Had a local guy do dipping process after I prepared them. Kinda neat. Now I have to look up that thread with all the various ways to mount them. Just thought I'd share.

18-Mar-18
That didn't work very well! I'll try again.

18-Mar-18

18-Mar-18

HDE's embedded Photo
HDE's embedded Photo
I think the euros dipped look a lot better as well. This is an off range oryx my wife shot several years ago. Got it dipped last year.

18-Mar-18
Nice. and right side up!

18-Mar-18

18-Mar-18

Rob in VT's embedded Photo
Rob in VT's embedded Photo
I love euro mounts, but prefer the traditional look. Nice animals guys!

19-Mar-18
Very kool

That Jenna gal on Skull Bound TV does remarkable work too.

Does it take long to put one together like that?

#LovinLife

Robb

21-Mar-18
Any good recommendations for hanging an elk euro flush with the wall? I have a Big Skull Hooker but was looking for something that would keep my euro flush and not have it stick out, as there will be others to add to the wall around it. Thanks!

21-Mar-18

Destroyer350's Link
Check out Dead on Display

21-Mar-18
Destroyer, that looks more like what I am trying to find. I already told my father not to use the Skull Hooker, as they are fine in Colorado but he lives in an area with earthquakes and tremors and those just might send the mounts on a Skull Hooker tumbling. Amazon reviews also mentioned someone accidentally bumping a Skull Hooker or my fear, a small earthquake. I like the safety line on the Dead On Display.

Anyone else have a similar product they like? Thanks!

21-Mar-18
My vote is for the traditional style , looks great.

24-Mar-18
Not trying to be a smart ass buy a ten penny nail and a dremel/drill in the skull works great. Personally I hate the Skull hookers...artistically the conflict between the pressed metal/modern/looks like china conflicts with the rawness of a natural wonder...just my 2 cents...

27-Mar-18

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
I like plain jane!! Shawn

27-Mar-18

wilbur's embedded Photo
wilbur's embedded Photo
me like'em natural

27-Mar-18
cowboy, I just ran a piece of wire into the skull and hung it on a screw, gave her a few twists and so far so good, my first one has been hanging that way since 2009.

27-Mar-18
I bought a 1/4" toggle bolt and replaced the bolt that comes with it with a 1/4" eye bolt. Turn that in to desired length and hang it on a 1/4" screw -in hook. Real similar to Destroyer350's link I guess.

27-Mar-18
I get earthquakes pretty regularly in Alaska... I’ve never had anything even thinking about coming off a skull hooker. In fact I think it’s impossible to shake it off of one unless the skull itself breaks.

• Sitka Gear