Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
or duck hunting as I have a roof zippered window to stand up and shoot out of
or duck hunting as I have a roof zippered window to stand up and shoot out of
adding at middle window really helps a lot with viewing and shooting
adding at middle window really helps a lot with viewing and shooting
Here is my original T2 that I modified with a extra window to allow me to see/shoot almost 180 degree. out front. The way I set mine up is that I have attached a cord to the outside hub screw ring. Then the blind is on the ground and ready to put up, I pull that hub out with the cord and then get under and push out the other hub. The original blind let light in under two sides near the ground as the fabric bowed up some. I fix that my adding a strip of camo fabric to the bottom keeping out the light. I also, sprayed the inside with a flat black upholsterer paint (auto store) to make it darker inside. If you do that, apply very light coats as if put on too heavy, it will bleed through the fabric.

23-Mar-18

set up for turkey hunting in Nebraska last year.
set up for turkey hunting in Nebraska last year.
blind with out middle window. The small hole was for the camera lens. you can see the extra fabric I added to the bottom to not allow light in.
blind with out middle window. The small hole was for the camera lens. you can see the extra fabric I added to the bottom to not allow light in.

24-Mar-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
The one and only blind I've ever owned. Had it for many years. I modified mine as well by covering up that big front see-thru netting with black material on the inside and cutting a couple of ports. I've killed a pile of turkeys out of that thing.

24-Mar-18
Rain issue. these first blinds were not rain proof great, so I strayed the top with a water resistant spray which helped a lot. To attach the fabric to the bottom, i used a long arm stapler and fabric glue. Worked out great. If you decide to make a third window, let me know and i will walk you through the steps how i did mine. This window makes a big difference when needed. I believe Also, the original hubs and rod ends were made of a high tech plastic. On the rod ends that fit into the hubs, there are two small tits and help anchor and adjust the blind in place. These can wear out or shear off ( if use a lot add some light grease inside the hub), so later, I replaced the hubs and rods with newer metal hubs and metal ball rod ends. You are correct, a great blind for one person shooting a compound bow. and it only weighs 15#.

24-Mar-18
Nick, that was a great idea to cover up the big see through mesh window in the model they came out with later. I found one like that with a great price later but passed on it. Now I wish I had purchased it and modified it like you did. Nebraska bow turkey season opened today but I will be heading that way on Monday after the weekend hunters leave. my best, Paul

24-Mar-18
I also still have an early T2. To set up, I just pull both hubs from the outside with the attached cord. I also covered up the large, mesh, see-through window with camo fabric, and fabricated another shooting window.

24-Mar-18

midwest's embedded Photo
Tom from the blind, jake was no blind.
midwest's embedded Photo
Tom from the blind, jake was no blind.
midwest's embedded Photo
Last tag filled with another delicious jake....just couldn't help myself!
midwest's embedded Photo
Last tag filled with another delicious jake....just couldn't help myself!
I heard you were headed out Monday, Paul. Hope the weather is better than here.....it's snowing horizontal right now! I need to get back out to Nebraska again. We had a blast the last time. Good luck and I'm looking forward to the story!

24-Mar-18

midwest's Link
ground hunter, See my link. This is how I set up my T2. It's real quick. I know, the instruction pics are kind of vague.

1) After pulling out of the bag, square out one of the side panels. 2) Put your foot on the hub of the opposite panel, grab the bottom of the panel you have squared out with one hand, pop out the hub with your other hand like shown in the 2nd pic. 3) Throw the blind over your head. The other panel will square out and you jab the bottom rods of that panel into the ground and push out the hub from the inside like shown in the 3rd pic.

If it wasn't snowing sideways outside right now, I'd post up a quick video.

25-Mar-18
I have 2 of those T2's and so glad I bought them. Nice lightweight setup for elk hunting and ground spots for whitetails. I have not modified window yet but considering it.

06-Mar-21
I have a like new original T2 double bull blind that has only been set up in my yard. $200 plus shipping Peoria AZ. Pics can be sent upon request. These are getting very rare. john 623-680-4458

06-Mar-21

does it have a large camo screen in the front or like the one pictured as this BB was the original design.

06-Mar-21
Great blind, wish I would have kept mine...

07-Mar-21

Here is my old one still in use last year for Neb turkeys. Will have it again at the end of this month. Had to do some camo touch up and then added a middle window. Have replace a few rods and both hubs.

07-Mar-21
I'm not sure. I haven't set it up in more than 10 years. I will take it out tomorrow and check. I got it new around 2003 or 4.

07-Mar-21
I still have the t2 as well. I love it, so light, quick to set up, hell on turkeys.

07-Mar-21
I have an old T2. Arrowed 1/2 dozen deer out of it.

07-Mar-21
We're still using our T2, T5 and Matrix. Need to repair the limb pockets on the T2 and tighten the hubs on the T5 - it tends to collapse if we don't use tie-down cord.

07-Mar-21

Julius Koenig's embedded Photo
Julius Koenig's embedded Photo

07-Mar-21
Rick, if the rubber end caps have not worn through at the tips of the rods that fit into the limb pockets, cut a wooden dowel the same dia as the rods, say 1/2 inch in lengthen and place that in the end caps. (This wooden dowel might be shorter or longer depending on how long the rods need to be)This will lengthen the rods thus putting more tension on the hub, preventing the walls from collapsing. Same with the roof assembly.

If the rubber end caps have worn through maybe use some type of rubber cement, rubber something ,etc, to repair or order a new set from customer service.

I just did this repair on my Dark Horse was well as the T-2 in the past. A repaired a couple of limb pockets as the rods were about to push through. I drilled a hole at the end of the pocket through the fabric, and ran a rivet across the hole, tightened it, plugged the hole.

07-Mar-21
Paul

Thank you. I really appreciate the help. We'll be playing Sneakin Mohican on Easterns in 3 weeks.

Rick

07-Mar-21

07-Mar-21

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Finally snagged a T5 last year. The best blind they ever made IMO. I also found another like new T2 on FB market place for $65. :-)

07-Mar-21

jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo
I still have my T5 in Image Country camo. I actually sent it back to Double Bull years ago to have a BS 5 window cut into it. I bought it in 2004 and it is still going strong.

07-Mar-21
I killed my first called-in gobbler out of a T-2 with a Mathews Outback I think. Still have the blind, the bow is long gone......

07-Mar-21
Picked up a used T5 back in January. It has a grey colored Predator pattern. The original owner did some cutting of the shoot through mesh, but I'll get it fixed up.

Can anyone explain the black fabric that hangs down from the roof? It's not exactly along the edge and just seems to be in an odd location.

08-Mar-21
Grunt-N-Gobble the black curtain is to cover multiple windows.

09-Mar-21
I still have my BS5 that I bought in 2002ish.... killed lots of antelope, turkey and deer out of it.... still in great shape. Been with me so long, I kinda feel guilty when I take a different blind out to hunt in

• Sitka Gear