Jimmysharpstick 25-Mar-18
Nick Muche 26-Mar-18
Jimmysharpstick 26-Mar-18
24-Mar-18
Many Bowsiters are chomping at the bit for spring to arrive. Do you name bears coming in to your bait and if so what is the story behind the name?

24-Mar-18
I don't. I usually just kill them instead.

24-Mar-18
The only bear we named was The Sumo Bear. Posthumously.

24-Mar-18

Jimmysharpstick's Link
This bear we called the Barely Bear because we guessed it would barely make 250 lbs. and barely make P&Y. We weren't too far off- spring bear, 257 lbs. (live wt.) and 18 5/16 P&Y.

For those looking at shot placement, this bear only went 16 yds. IMO, I would aim just slightly higher but in this case perfect shooting Dan. We watched this bear for four hours on the last night of the hunt before Dan dropped the string - Never had more laughs in the tree stand!

24-Mar-18
I name bait sites not the bear.

25-Mar-18
Two names...Shooter and Non Shooter

25-Mar-18
The practice of naming animals worked out well for that dentist from MN.

25-Mar-18
I like David if it’s a boy and Jennifer if it’s a girl.

25-Mar-18
Icone

Nunyet

25-Mar-18
I name them often...A few previous names I’ve used were 1/2 mount- Rug- full mount- Shoulder mount- dead very soon

25-Mar-18
I call him Gopher because he eludes me like the gopher in Caddy Shack.

25-Mar-18
I name only the ones we want. Trail cam pictures allow us to identify each bear. Names like Wayne, Red, Earl, allows us to talk of that certain bear. The big red bear that messes up my cameras, Joe, has gotta die this year. For three years he has jacked up, carried off and taken close up selfies of himself.

25-Mar-18
Yogi

25-Mar-18

Jimmysharpstick's Link
I called these "Mom and the Kids". Kind of the equivalent of kittens and yarn.

26-Mar-18
We have a chalk board on the wall at one of the camps I hunt out of a few times most springs. On it you'll find the names of bears we've taken in the past, it's quite funny... Blondy, Scarface, Soggy, and many others. Bearf*cker was a real good one that we got last spring, he got his name cause we caught him and the Mrs. in the act the spring prior, photo evidence and all.

26-Mar-18

Jimmysharpstick's Link
Nick, Funny you mentioned Bearf*cker. I had a similar experience last spring but I simply named that bear "NED".

26-Mar-18

Jimmysharpstick's Link
Ned had found a lady friend. Normally Ned is in a cornfield partaking in this type of activity but that day he was in northern Saskatchewan in a romantic location on the shores of a beautiful lake. Oh Ned, once you go black...

26-Mar-18

Jimmysharpstick's Link
Looks like Ned likes it rough-not sure she's into that. Ned seems to enjoy performing in front of cameras! It's been almost an hour.

26-Mar-18

Jimmysharpstick's Link
Ned has staying power but looks like he's getting tired.

26-Mar-18

Jimmysharpstick's Link
Ned's done .Think he needs a beer and a cigarette. Maybe just a beer-cigarettes aren't good for his teeth.

• Sitka Gear