PECO 28-Mar-18
4blade 28-Mar-18
Shawn 28-Mar-18
Beendare 28-Mar-18
Buglmin 28-Mar-18
Beendare 29-Mar-18
Beendare 29-Mar-18
28-Mar-18
I'm looking to get into an ILF bow for hunting. I want a riser that would work well with a sight. And I like medium to narrow grips. I'm looking for stability and quiet shooting limbs. What should I be considering? Thanks for the help. Dave

28-Mar-18
You should probably pose this question on the Leatherwall forum. At the top of the page go to the Forums tab and then to the Leatherwall. Good luck.

28-Mar-18
If I were to get an ILF, I would go with a Morrison. They have several options on risers and several limb choices as well, but the beauty of an ILF is, you have many different options on limbs and limb makers.

28-Mar-18
I almost spit my Dr Pepper all over the screen! For a second I thought you said MILF not ILF! LOL

28-Mar-18
I have a Morrison ILF riser with Tradtech limbs and like it. Leatherwall has a few in their classifieds.

28-Mar-18
The das dalaa is a great riser. Designed by Davis Sousa who sparked the ilf hunting riser fire. The best thing about an ilf riser is limb choices are virtually unlimited. I have 2 original das risers, one with the original win win limbs. I shoot those almost daily and ive had them probably 10 years. They should be called timex!

28-Mar-18
Lots of ILF talk over on leatherwall.

28-Mar-18
Morrison

28-Mar-18
I posted this on the wall as well. Belcher(Sky riser) and a set of Sebastien Flute foam/glass limbs. Shawn

28-Mar-18
Big ILF fan here.

Stability wise...the heavier the riser, the more stable. Helps to calm the limbs down too. So the metal risers from Tradtech, Morrison, DAs, and many others are all fantastic

Lots of good wood risers; Morrison has changed hands so you are getting a new bowyer there. Dryad makes a good wood riser...as do many others.

Pictured is my 2 hunting bows; a 19"Dryad [black dymawood with Bocote] and a 17"Morrison makes 62" and 64" bows with long ILF limbs. I shoot a 30" draw and both are good.

You can get some fantastic limbs for these ILF's. I have multiple, but something like the SF Elite + for $250 are fantastic...I also have the WW Innos that I got with my Morrison riser- excellent limbs. In fact, they wreck you for the custom bows as I just haven't found any of those smoother and as fast as the ones i have. Heck, the $60 Axiom limbs are pretty darn good to start. Alt services has a great selection.

Mine are setup to shoot a 6-8# range. So my morrison with innos can shoot from 54# down to about 46#. The other bow is lighter 40ish to about 46. The limb pocket dictates the conversion of what the actual limb #'s will be [typically 6-10# heavier that rating, but it varies]

I also have the dryad longbow limbs...fast and super quiet...but more weight on your fingers. PM if you need more info.

28-Mar-18
I'm huge into ILF, and one of the better risers is the Ski TDX that was made by Mathews Archery. 17" and is a dream to shoot. I also just acquired an Optimus riser that's another great riser. 17" and very solidly built.

Limb choices are a great thing in ILF, from glass/wood limbs to carbon/foam limbs. Riser lengths to fit your style, from 13" to 25". Just look into a riser cut way past center to allow you the option to adjust center shot. Another step in tuning.

29-Mar-18

Beendare's embedded Photo
Threads are always better with pics

not my pic....I have no idea where that picture came from

29-Mar-18

the morrison 1st gen riser
the morrison 1st gen riser