Full_Curl 28-Mar-18
Ermine 28-Mar-18
Timbrhuntr 29-Mar-18
kscowboy 29-Mar-18
Full_Curl 29-Mar-18
jims 30-Mar-18
Knife2sharp 30-Mar-18
28-Mar-18
For you guys that use the fanning or reaping technique what is the best portable, run and gun type decoy other than just a fan? I have a B Mobile with real fan that works great but more times than not it’s in the truck because I don’t want to carry it. I often find myself on call setup number 3 or 4 a ways from the truck and wishing I had a good fanning decoy with me because the bird hangs up in a perfect fanning situation. Are there any good fanning decoys that are easily portable that might be able to fit in the back of a vest? Thanks.

28-Mar-18
Heads up decoy is my favorite! It works awesome

29-Mar-18
I agree heads up. I used it in several states archery seasons last year and worked great. I was also lucky and stopped into a small sports store in Kansas and they were selling their inventory . I got the turkey, mule deer, elk and antelope 40 % off so I plan on trying out them all :)

29-Mar-18
I like the Ultimate Predator decoy. They are running a decoy trade-in promotion right now and are a Bowsite sponsor. Dirk is one of the guys over there and is a solid guy.

29-Mar-18
Thanks for the replies. Anybody ever use a Fanatic XL by Montana or a turkeyfan by KillerGear? I really like how fast the turkeyfan can be used and how you just lay it on the ground rather than mess with stakes or bases.

30-Mar-18
There's a number of reaping decoys available. Some are a lot lighter and more compact than others. Mojo Scoot-n shoot is nice because it has a little more room to hide behind (side wings). Thunder chicken and Chicken on a stick are smaller but still work great. The first tom I ever harvested a friend was behind me with a wood stake with real fan attached with bondo. I made a reaping decoy from a Killer B and attached real wings....even made a sled to slide it in front of me. It was a bit bulky for hauling long distance. No matter which decoy/fan I use I really like using real fan rather than fake. I've never tried a Heads up or umbrellas but some guys like them. I prefer 3-d rather than a print. I would also rather not have a decoy that's attached to my bow.

30-Mar-18
My favorite is the Flextone Thunder chicken. I added a monopod to it and wrapped hockey tape around the bottom section in two places so I can put it in one of the Primos ground stakes. The monopod makes it so I can adjust the height. I can hand hold it for reaping, or setup out in front of me. I can also lay it down relatively flat.

• Sitka Gear