Typical lefty, liberal mentality.

30-Mar-18
You're kidding me.

30-Mar-18
Stupid libs.

30-Mar-18
BWAHAHAHAHAHAaaaaa....................

30-Mar-18
Random dorm room search?!!!! Is that a thing?

30-Mar-18
These are the ones that educate at the University/College level. I would have loved to have seen their expressions when he blew on it. They don't even know a reed instrument when they see one. Would have been more fun if it would have been a duck call and he really would have laid into it. DANNY

30-Mar-18
Your tuition $$ at work

30-Mar-18
Sadly, these are the same drooling morons who tell us what kind of firearms we "need" based on THEIR "expertise"!!!!

"You can't make this stuff up"......INDEED!!!!!!!

30-Mar-18
Would be easier to smoke through that than to make a good grunt-snort-wheeze through a glass bong....

30-Mar-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Good thing he didn't have any deer antlers laying around.

30-Mar-18
I bet the majority of his proffs smoked in college:-)

30-Mar-18
Back in high school I had a drug dog hit on my truck during a random check. They pulled me out of class and asked me to open it. I complied knowing there were no drugs in the truck. The dog was drawn by a tire plug kit behind my seat. The cop got a kick out of it.

People who don't know the difference between a bong and a grunt call are likely deficient in many other areas of knowledge as well!!!

30-Mar-18
"I bet the majority of his proffs smoked in college:-)"

I bet the majority of his proffs STILL smoke/toke

30-Mar-18
lmao

30-Mar-18

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo
Good thing they didn't find your old grunt tube......

30-Mar-18
I bet that grunt tube really impresses the college chicks

30-Mar-18
if they found his "butt out" tool things would have been worse for the young man.

30-Mar-18
“Hey... after we finish up accounting homework, you wanna come up to my dorm room and blow on my grunt tube?”

30-Mar-18
Dang cnelk, keep that line quiet. I lured quite a few young coed's back to my dorm back in the day by asking them to blow on my grunt tube!

30-Mar-18
The really scary thing is that the damn grunt tube is labeled! Apparently, they can't even read.

What would be funny is if the Knight and Hale people took my advice (I sent them a link to this thread) and Mr Knight and Mr Hale showed up to take your son Turkey Hunting, (gave everyone in the dorm K&H bongs) and tell the administration to stay out of his hunting gear.

30-Mar-18
He should rebrand those things and start a business out here in Colorado...

30-Mar-18
Ya know there isn't a day go by that I don't give thanks to my father for moving us out of there when he did. Of course I curse him for making Illinois our home state via a short stay in Michigan lol

30-Mar-18
Darwin's survival of the fittest routine will have a hayday with these kind of people when things get really rough...

30-Mar-18

Ace's embedded Photo
Imagine if they found something like this! They'd call the DEA for sure.
Ace's embedded Photo
Imagine if they found something like this! They'd call the DEA for sure.

30-Mar-18
"Typical lefty, liberal mentality."

If that were true, it wouldn't have been an issue, since like Colorado, it would have been perfectly legal.

30-Mar-18
LOL Ace. Here all this time I thought a pot call was simply opening a bag of Cheetohs!

30-Mar-18
I hope he didn’t tell them I can snort-wheeze with it either?

30-Mar-18
You have a very clever son. Will he share how he uses his multi use Knight Hale devise in this imaginative way? Knight Hale maybe interested for their Colorado market.

30-Mar-18
C'mon! This has to be an early April Fools joke, right?

30-Mar-18

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
I've got a cocobola bong.

30-Mar-18
Of course, now that they know it’s HUNTING paraphernalia, he’ll probably be expelled.

30-Mar-18
Must have been the n'Hale part of the name that got em........ could have used the Slick Willy defense.... he didn't inhale....

30-Mar-18

MathewsMan's embedded Photo
Good thing he does not have a fancy John Burr "Duck Bong Call".

30-Mar-18
Don't the school people have a clue- kids don't use bongs and pipes, they vaporize their weed nowadays. Maybe I know that because I live in Colorado.

30-Mar-18
While we laugh having worked with youth's since 1980 which means I grew up in the 70's you would be shocked what the kids make bongs, pipes etc. out of. Heck when I was in High School art we had to make a landscape project out of clay. I made devils tower, hollow in the middle so a buddy of mine put his pipe in it before we fired it. Teacher never new. He then glazed it, put it another project and had his pipe done. LOL, he said it worked fine. Personally I never new.

30-Mar-18
Words fail me.......

30-Mar-18
Lol too funny, see what your dollars are buying? Scary that they are teaching the youths.

30-Mar-18
Our over educated educators at work. This is "our world" of today.

30-Mar-18
I'm surprised they didn't call it an assault rifle.

30-Mar-18
Unreal!

30-Mar-18

I sent John Burr an Elk rack and mule deer sheds and he custom made me these. The double chamber is incredible ( for predator calling) not bong use.

30-Mar-18
"and they live amongst us!!"

30-Mar-18
This is the kind of funny story Hannity or O'Reilly would showcase.

30-Mar-18
LOL..... my minds running rampant.... If it were my kid, we'd be in the Dean's office.... there has to be some easy college money with this one... falsely accused, illegal search, dads an owner of a website..... etc. etc.....

Unbelievable....

30-Mar-18
Prolly not an illegal search..... I'm guessing if you sign up for dorms it's in the contract..... kind of like downloading a "free" app that gives them the OK to go riffling through your phone/computer as they see fit....

30-Mar-18
Good thing it wasn’t a Hoochie Mama.

30-Mar-18
Embarrassing for the school but, at least, your son has a functioning grunt tube. None of mine worked when I was his age.

The real question is, was his punishment more severe when they found out it was hunting paraphernalia?

30-Mar-18
Not April first yet Pat.

30-Mar-18
Grunt, grunt, pass

30-Mar-18
Too damn funny! You guys crack me up.

30-Mar-18
I like that bong, it looks real hard to spill that stinky bong water. Been there, done that, appreciate the new advanced design.

30-Mar-18
Having lived there this story doesn’t surprise me. Best thing I ever did was pack up a wife and three little kids and move to the great state of Tennessee. Hope he at least got his grunt back!

30-Mar-18
On a positive, at least they are checking. On a negative... You didnt get video of him blowing the call to prove it was not a "bong" and was in fact a deer call.

30-Mar-18
Not sure if I am more appalled that a grunt tube was mistaken for a bong, or that a college performs random searches in dorms without some sort of student/parent backlash.

30-Mar-18
Educated idiots

31-Mar-18

Sandbrew's Link
At least they didn't find his turkey call ....

31-Mar-18
Funny that a grunt tube would be confused as drug paraphernalia.

Funnier yet is people who suggest it is political and ascribe overbearing drug policy as being part of the liberal agenda.

31-Mar-18
You don`t realize it yet but your kid is in bigger trouble with the University for being a hunter. A bong would get you a pat on the back.

31-Mar-18
Agree Franklin. This is why we are in trouble. How many students know what a grunt tube is? How many professors?

31-Mar-18
The best part of this whole story is the fact that he had a grunt tube in his dorm room! Atta boy!

31-Mar-18
Funny story! If they just googled the name on the "bong"/grunt tube they could have easily confirmed that's not an actual "bong".

Matt, I think your spot on, LOL.

31-Mar-18
I don't think it is attributed to an over zealous liberal drug policy (unless it was to confiscate said drugs for personal, or rather um, academic research use.....)

I think it's clearly and simply a clear case of stupid fish (dum-basses)

It would be interesting to see what the "sweep" did turn up...... the dorms I remember reeked when you got within a 100 feet.....

Trying to see how a blood trail challenge could be spun off this but not having much success...... might need to apply some liberal college level, um, logic to the task.....create something to be outraged about from nothing......

31-Mar-18
Good thing he didn't have a bag of deer 'caine with it! Would have really turned ugly.

31-Mar-18
Lol MidWest

31-Mar-18
What can you learn at a school with that mentality send him to Tennessee Lewis

31-Mar-18
Knight and Inhale

31-Mar-18
The total dumbing down of America is nearing completion.

31-Mar-18
Lucky for him they didn't think it was a dildo...

31-Mar-18
This has got to be one of the funniest post on BS in a while. I did yard work this morning. Came in house and fixed a sandwich. Was surfing TV ran across a hunting channel that was advertising "bongs". I just started laughing really hard. My wife inquired my reason for laughing. I told her about this thread. She just smiled and said I am crazy !

31-Mar-18
Pat, did your son get his bong back after demonstrating? Did he get an apology from the university?

31-Mar-18
When I was a custodian at a tech school kids was given a three day notice of locker searches,and drug dogs was brought in.had a sheriff's dog go thru the diesel truck repair shop and go to the ceiling storage area and sniff a maraguina butt in a coffee can of used motor oil.glad the call was legal.

01-Apr-18
Ned, wouldn't that be "Light and Inhale"?

01-Apr-18
Presently ,I have Ned leading all Bowsiters with Knight and Inhale.

01-Apr-18
Another reason to hope my kids don't head east!

01-Apr-18
Surprised they didnt bust him for a terroristic threat. Its black, must be a military style semi auto weapon. What a bunch of dam fools these days.

01-Apr-18
My buddy in AB had a guy come up whitetail hunting and they pulled him aside at customs for a film canister of doe urine and cotton balls. He watched them inspect it, sniff it and dip their pinky in it before bringing him into the room.

"Guys, I'm gonna guess you will wish you had just asked me before trying to figure it out"

02-Apr-18
what a great idea! I can repurpose my old bongs as grunt tubes!

02-Apr-18
Sigh... I hate this state more & more with each passing day

02-Apr-18
In my day a dorm search might have turned up a few half gallon mason jars of biology field specimen preservative. A local fella manufactured it from locally sourced organically grown heirloom variety open pollinated corn and rye, in the traditional manner, just like Darwin and Audoubon used. No formaldehye added to reduce the cancer risk from accidental spills and inhalation/skin-absorption. We life-science students went through quite a bit of it.

02-Apr-18
UConn headline: "UConn student Rebel Lefemine's black bong kills 37 in drive by campus shooting in the worst case of Light in Hale industry BLACK semi-auto abuse in Connecticut history" . A March in protest of black bongs scheduled for next Sunday expected to draw thousands of nearby NY medical marijuana enthusiasts and legal smoking Colorado residents east for Light and Inhale-In and tribute to those who died inhaling black bong smoke from the student's rogue black bong. Thousands of rainbow colored bongs are expected to be present, and signs in protest of black paraphernalia are being printed for distribution". "BE THERE OR BE SQUARE"

02-Apr-18
Matt trumps me with Light and Inhale. lol

02-Apr-18
"grunt, grunt pass" is pretty good too

02-Apr-18
Unbelievable...No wait, change that to "not surprised"

02-Apr-18
In my day, a dorm search would have produced several hunting shotguns. We all kept them in our rooms, but nobody was shot.

02-Apr-18
You can't make this stuff up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : (

02-Apr-18
Our dorm director, an old fella named Carpy used to sneak down and spray Glade under our doors and in the hallways when he smelled bong 'odors' wafting from our rooms. Then laugh like hell when we walked by his office. What a hoot!

02-Apr-18
Somebody posted years ago on a Nebraska hunting forum how he was practicing his goose calling while driving to work in Lincoln. At a stoplight, a woman motioned for him to roll his window down. She told him she saw what he was doing and had called in his license plate to the police. She thought he was taking a hit off a bong while driving. In that case, I can actually see how it sort of looked like that--especially since he was using some kind of transparent acrylic call that looked like glass.

02-Apr-18
I can’t believe they can perform a “random” search.

02-Apr-18
A few years ago flying to ID, going through TSA they pulled my backpack carry on to go through it. Happens alot as I keep all my electronics and optics in my pack when traveling. The guy pulls a big ol Rocky's Bugle grunt tube out of my pack, holds it up with the flexible mouthpiece end flopping around all over and asks me "What the heck is THIS!"

I tell him "it's a grunt tube." a what? "It's a grunt tube. You use it with a mouth diaphragm.... I think they are more to the bottom of the pack..... " He says never mind, I don't want to know, and sends me on my way.....

03-Apr-18
Pat (dude), what was the college? I'm equally surprised by a room search . . .

03-Apr-18
And these are the people that are "educating" the next generation... there may be no hope for humanity. FM

03-Apr-18
The university should be shown this thread for them to realize how stupid they look.

03-Apr-18
Just read in my NRA magazine at lunchtime today that Liberals outnumber Conservatives 33.5-1 with respect to college professors.

03-Apr-18
"don"t bogart that grunt tube ma friend... pass it over to me"

03-Apr-18
Too funny, you never finished the story.

What did these asshats do/say when he demonstrated!?

03-Apr-18
I may or may not have witnessed some McGyvering in my past and believe it or not plastic is a pretty poor choice all around when it comes to constructing apparatus designed to deliver combustibles to your lungs. Goldschlager bottles on the other hand, perfect. You'd think any human with a pulse would realize that even if they have no clue what a grunt tube is. Maybe they thought it was one of those newfangled vape things. And wow Nick, that photo added a project to my list that thing is saweeeet, just have to see if I have any suitable sheds lying around.

• Sitka Gear