"First World" Problems.... What to do.

04-Apr-18
I would bet money on it

04-Apr-18
Better get on the treadmill Pat.

04-Apr-18
Yep that how it usually works.

04-Apr-18
Yup. Your odds just went up exponentially.

I feel the same way about Nevada elk. I already have hunts planned and drew a WY tag. But too many tags is a good problem to have.

04-Apr-18
It's a lock.

04-Apr-18
You should be so lucky. I remember the guy back in 2015 who drew S56 Desert Bighorn Sheep, G5 Mountain Goat, and a Unit 37 Bull Moose tag, all in the same year, and managed to kill all three!

04-Apr-18
Yeah, I’m not sure that’s how it works...

But if you do buy lotto tickets immediately!

—jim

04-Apr-18
Congrats Pat!

04-Apr-18
I got a similar problem in MT. Have to keep applying, but NO WAY! I can swing a Breaks hunt this year. . . . . Cause if I ever draw that tag I'm taking off the whole month of November and renting a camper or something :)

04-Apr-18

NvaGvUp's Link
Pat,

Two words: "SHEEP SHAPE!"

See the link! LOL!

Make it a lifestyle and you'll never again have to worry about being in shape for any hunts.

Kyle

04-Apr-18
Pat,

Did you buy the Point Saver option in AZ?

If so, when you draw the CO Sheep tag and IF the dates interfere with the AZ hunt, turn in your AZ tag and get your points back.

If you drew the AZ tag with Max Points, you should be able to draw the same tag next year.

04-Apr-18
Looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you! Better start running those bleachers now!

04-Apr-18
Just remember Pat. Sheep aren't that much harder to kill than a goat. The country they can inhabit is another story.

04-Apr-18
You have lots of time to get in Mountain Shape, whatever that is. It's going to be hilarious if you actually draw.

04-Apr-18

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
Here's a guaranteed sheep Pat, and it wouldn't take you long to get in shape for this one....

04-Apr-18
I realized years ago that I can't afford to be in sheep shape but I always stay in elk shape. Did you consider using hunt code SP99999P? You get another point but you aren't in the draw.

04-Apr-18

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Pat is coming but not in sheep shape? We will make sure he draws because we know someone. Just saying.

04-Apr-18
Better start the PT. Your definitely drawing. :)

04-Apr-18
Uh, we do have sheep hunts that are guaranteed, you just buy the tag from the landowner. We also have late season hunts, but I don't no if NR tags are available

04-Apr-18
Yea, I heard rumor that private land sheep tag down by Pueblo went for $300K! Probably wouldn’t need to get in shape for that one either!!

04-Apr-18
I’ve been using that logic for the past 15-20 years, Pat. I still haven’t drawn a sheep tag, or moose or goat either! The only thing I’ve gotten out of the deal is...fatter:-(

05-Apr-18
I see them all the time next to the road along the Arkansas River west of Canon City. Last one I saw had a radio collar.

05-Apr-18
He bought a "Love ewe" a year ago.....he's in sheep shape.

05-Apr-18
I'm in !

05-Apr-18
Plenty of time to get in “Sheep Shape”! I’ll fly up and chase you around with threats of violence if I catch you, only to help a Friend! Lol

05-Apr-18
You SOB, you will probably draw. You know that you could have entered a PP hunt code to get your PP and be guaranteed not to draw. I had to do that this year. Too much on the books.

05-Apr-18
Well, I guess I'll draw moose, sheep, and goat because I have a baby on the way and this would be the absolute worst year to get any of those.

05-Apr-18
Best problem to have in my opinion.

05-Apr-18
Points and applying for November gun hunts for me Will. I’ve got a baby coming September 7th. Poor planning but after three girls it’s finally a boy. I knew if I applied for the toughest to draw hunts in September, I’d draw. That would have been the end of my elk hunting career.

05-Apr-18
Heck Link and Will, if y’all draw, you might be able to hunt a lot more! Much easier to free up hunting season time without the wife or kids...

05-Apr-18
Congrats and good luck, Cory!

LOL, TAVIS! I put huntn in the prenup and prenatal agreements ;). My wife is not rooting for me in the draws this year but we'll make it work if it happens. Good luck to all!

05-Apr-18
Seems like they should have a system where you can just buy a point for the year without actually getting into the drawing if you can't hunt that year. That's the way we do it in Michigan for our Bear drawing.

05-Apr-18
They do.

05-Apr-18
I just had knee replacement and applied for the same CO sheep tag. I'm sure you can be ready! LOL!

05-Apr-18
I did the same thing last year in Arizona and drew a sheep tag. I was fat and out of shape but don't let it get you down. Just put one foot in front of the other and go. Eating lots of corn on the cob prior helps also.

05-Apr-18
My November is loaded with guiding hunts. The only thing worse would be to have scheduled a hunt myself- that would trigger Murphy for sure.

05-Apr-18
No offense then Pat but it seems as though you really do want to draw the tag and you could make it work....... or else why didn't you just take the point ??

05-Apr-18
I drop everything when I draw a Sheep tag.

Heck, I drew once when I was in the Navy, and flew home hours after getting off deployment, I missed ships movement coming back after I killed my ram. Talking about being in shape- all I did for several months up to the hunt was run, lift weights and work out most of the day and I was only 26- then hunting sheep I lost another 15 pounds in a week.

05-Apr-18
I've been worrying I will draw 201 elk & sheep in the same year. Hasn't happened yet, but that is my luck, not drawing. Getting enough vacation will be the problem for me if it does happen.

05-May-18
So did it happen Pat?

Sandbrew

05-May-18
I'm in the same boat i applied for a cow moose tag then found out my brother is retireing from the marines and will be home for deer season at the same time as the moose hunt in a different unit.

06-May-18

1. You'll figure it out if you draw

2. You won't need to figure it out

3. This is a post intended for your wife to "stumble" across.

• Sitka Gear