Moultrie Products
Good News
Elk
Contributors to this thread:
Topgun 30-06 09-Apr-18
IdyllwildArcher 09-Apr-18
Topgun 30-06 09-Apr-18
midwest 09-Apr-18
LONEBULL 09-Apr-18
Topgun 30-06 09-Apr-18
Native Okie 09-Apr-18
Topgun 30-06 09-Apr-18
Firsty 09-Apr-18
cnelk 09-Apr-18
KB 09-Apr-18
Topgun 30-06 09-Apr-18
EmbryOklahoma 09-Apr-18
midwest 09-Apr-18
Native Okie 09-Apr-18
TD 09-Apr-18
midwest 09-Apr-18
From: Topgun 30-06
09-Apr-18
The Wyoming G&F folks have changed their mind and are going to allow those who drew the Type 1 tag for units 41 and 45 to buy their archery permit to hunt the last two weeks of September. The strikeout that disallowed it wasn't posted on the Tentative Regulation until 1/22/18 a week before the end of the application period and they have had enough public comments that they are going to allow it for 2018 as it has been in the past. They may take it up again after the 2018 season and if they change it at least they will publish it well ahead of the application period for 2019. This information came earlier today from the Wildlife Management Coordinator for the Cody Region.

09-Apr-18
That only seems right. I think the change is a good move going forward and I wish they'd make that change in a few more units as well, but it was kind of a rug pulled out from under the feet of guys who'd put in assuming they could hunt the archery season on the Type 1 tag.

From: Topgun 30-06
09-Apr-18
The only ones that now may be a little ticked off are the NRs that saw that change and put in or modified their applications thinking they would hunt the last two weeks of September on their Type 9 tags with a lot less people than there used to be. Now it will possibly be even more people since they also increased the Type 9 tags by 25 in each unit.

From: midwest
09-Apr-18
...or the guys that were given the option to refund their tags before a final decision was made and took the refund but now finding out they would have been able to hunt archery after all.

From: LONEBULL
09-Apr-18
I can see the reasoning with the NR but hope they go with it next year. Area 41 is getting to be a joke with the pressure after the 15th.

From: Topgun 30-06
09-Apr-18
From: midwest 09-Apr-18 ...or the guys that were given the option to refund their tags before a final decision was made and took the refund but now finding out they would have been able to hunt archery after all.

***What you are mentioning was only a possibility of what may have happened, but not until after the Tentative Regulation is approved on April 24th, so that won't happen now.

From: LONEBULL 09-Apr-18 I can see the reasoning with the NR but hope they go with it next year. Area 41 is getting to be a joke with the pressure after the 15th.

***I agree because the two years I was helping guys on their Type 9 tag in unit 45 in 2014 and 2015 there was a heck of an influx of hunters on the 15th that had Type 1 tags. I have no idea why they didn't propose the change way before the NR application period this year because they had discussed this the last couple years and then didn't make the change until the ridiculous way they did it this year!

From: Native Okie
09-Apr-18
They are doing the right thing but I know one guy who already got his tag and points back through the license review process.

From: Topgun 30-06
09-Apr-18
From: Native Okie 09-Apr-18 They are doing the right thing but I know one guy who already got his tag and points back through the license review process.

***How did the guy do that? Was it due to a medical condition? The reason I ask is because others were told that would be an alternative, but wouldn't be done until after the Tentative Regulation was voted on, approved and posted on the G&F website around 4/24/18.

From: Firsty
09-Apr-18
Topgun is always right

From: cnelk
09-Apr-18
I know the same guy Native Oakie knows

From: KB
09-Apr-18
Woohoo!!! I was holding out for the official word from the commission meeting with almost zero hope of a reversal. Can’t believe it.... Sorry you got double screwed on this deal Aaron.

From: Topgun 30-06
09-Apr-18
From: Firsty 09-Apr-18 Topgun is always right

****Who was in the know and started this thread with the official news dipwad?!!! If whomever you guys are talking about asked for a refund and got it already due to this possible situation before the Tentative Regulation was voted on, approved, and posted on the G&F website, then that's a shame. He should have waited until after the April meeting since anything can be changed right up until the day it's approved in late April. I wonder it there's any chance that he can ask for it to be reversed. It's a least worth a try due to this whole mess the G&F created that could all be avoided by putting the NR elk draw with the other drawings in June.

09-Apr-18
I know that guy to, cnelk? Coincidence?

From: midwest
09-Apr-18
I know the same guy Native Oakie and cnelk knows.

From: Native Okie
09-Apr-18
No medical condition, he just made the case based off of the uncertainty and the fact it was not addressed in the application period.

Plus he’s a bad ass too, that factored heavily.

From: TD
09-Apr-18
Don'cha hate it when they're passing stories all down the hallway lockers and you get skipped over.......

From: midwest
09-Apr-18
I'll vouch for that!

  • Sitka Gear