Plum lake 10-Apr-18
TSI 10-Apr-18
Skippy 10-Apr-18
Blacktail Bob 10-Apr-18
Plum lake 10-Apr-18
Hoytbowhunter 10-Apr-18
Muddyboots 10-Apr-18
09-Apr-18
When my eldest son was 10 I took him on a bear hunt. He did not hunt, but came along to experience the hunt...we had a ball and took a bear on the ground which was incredible to share with him.

Now my younger son is 10 and I would like to do the same for him. I have killed a "small" bear, and would like to kill a PY caliber bear...so I am willing to travel to have that opportunity. We would also want the option to be able to fish in the mornings, as my son loves fishing... Do you guys have any recommendations of good outfitters that meet this criteria? Mike

09-Apr-18
Tried to send you a PM. They say you don't exist. If trout fishing fits your bill, try Larry Adair-Adair's Wilderness Outfitters in New Brunswick. Big bear, superb accoms.506/432-6687. Big bear, no color phase.

09-Apr-18
Rob Nye would be a good one. I hear they even catch a fish or two! :)

09-Apr-18
Where did you go with your other son? Also what is your budget? With you in VT? driving to eastern Canada , seems like a good plan and they seem best priced anyway. Look up TSI in New Brunswick, sponsor a lot on bowsite

09-Apr-18

Matt Quick's embedded Photo
Definitely call Rob Nye. Lots of big bears and fishing is fantastic.

09-Apr-18

Walleye fishing is actually better than the pike fishing

09-Apr-18
Manitoba or Ontario....they both have quality bears and unlimited fishing. The problem might be availability or openings.

09-Apr-18

Blacktail Bob's embedded Photo
Draw tags for Unit 2, Prince of Wales Island, Alaska. Two weeks at my cabin for $750, your son stays free. Its a DIY public land hunt. Hard to kill a boar that dosen't make P&Y. It can be done, but you really have to try and kill the smallest bear you see. Lakes and streams have cut throat trout, salt water has halibut. Salmon start running in June, but July is better for salmon. Bear hunting is over then.

09-Apr-18

Forgot to mention the shrimp and crab.

10-Apr-18
Thaddeous lake Lodge in Ontario has excellent fishing and a ton of bears. You won't be disappointed there but not sure on availability

10-Apr-18
When fishing is a big factor I always suggest looking at a fishing camp that also offers bear hunting as a secondary option.Most are semi guided to unguided but you can still do well and the fishing would be catered and likely very good. Most bear hunting camps focus on the hunt primarily and fishing often is on a (If time allows basis)and many often don’t allocate resources and time to fishing as the resources are focused on the Hunt. Some great suggestions above but I’d be dishonest if I threw my name in the mix as we focus on hunting.

10-Apr-18

Skippy's embedded Photo
Channel catfish about 25 pounds
Skippy's embedded Photo
Channel catfish about 25 pounds
Bear track in Manitoba, Great bear hunting , fishing was so-so from camp but you can schedule a trip to the red river before camp or after and catch these.

10-Apr-18

We have fish...

10-Apr-18
We have outstanding bear hunting with a special offer this year. We don't offer fishing but if you drive to camp there is a few fishing spots available that are within a 30-40 minute drive from camp. Car accessible. Feel free to contact us if interested.

10-Apr-18
If your not looking to spend a ton of money or looking for a quality bear hunt that’s not a pain to get to. Check out Allagash wilderness camps for a quality hunt. Every bear I’ve seen in person with them or in pictures from their camp has had a huge head even the small bears. They lease 2.8 million acres. You choose where you want to be. You could be as close as 8 Miles to the cabin or as far as 50 miles from the cabin and your are almost certain to see moose. Can’t kill one but they are a sight to see. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. I am not affiliated with them I’m just good friends with them. I guarantee if you choose Allagash wilderness camps you will be addicted and want to go back and have the hunt of a life time.

10-Apr-18
Hunted Highwind Lake Lodge (Ontario) many years ago. Fished everyday on the lake right in front of our cabin, and was able to take a nice bear. They took good care of us.

• Sitka Gear