patdel 12-Apr-18
12yards 12-Apr-18
IdyllwildArcher 12-Apr-18
t-roy 12-Apr-18
'Ike' (Phone) 13-Apr-18
TD 13-Apr-18
EmbryOklahoma 13-Apr-18
11-Apr-18
With all of the debate (really Ike debating with 2-3 others) over which animal is "easiest" to get, net P&Y, and off of public land, who's for pulling for the Idyllwide wonder to arrow his first P&Y WT?

I'm pulling for you, brother! Just hope it doesn't gross 143 and net 124 7/8. LOL

11-Apr-18
I am! But honestly that question is so open to interpretation..... I don't think we will ever answer it.

11-Apr-18
He just needs to book a Musk Ox hunt... :)

11-Apr-18
Never got one on “public ground” but my first one did take 12 years. The hardest one to get is the second. It’s called the “sophomore jinx”! Ha!

How cool would it be if he got that 150 he Wounded in the humerous last year and he was 170 this year. If it’s limping along when he shoots it do we count it??

11-Apr-18
I have been trying to help Ike with that mission ever since we met in 2015.

I am about ready to talk him into canceling our Wyoming elk hunt and hunting 3 states so he can get 3 P n Y whitetails.

11-Apr-18
I’ll pull for him! Heck, sitting in a tree is easy! Just have to sit there till that big ‘ol whitetail buck comes by and poses for ‘ya at 15 yards! Slam dunk:)

11-Apr-18
I can help ya brother! We just need to plant a couple food plots and throw out some minerals and I think my #1 target for next year is going to make the book. Easy peasy, whitetails are nothing. Oh wait he's on public 5 miles from the nearest farm and we're coming off a rougher winter than the year before. Not looking good. Is there a species where more of the mature animals don't meet the minimum? I highly doubt that one.

Oh snap I used the wrong lingo, I forgot that's what they call a cull buck on the Outdoor Channel

11-Apr-18
I'm wishing good and successful hunts for everybody here... but I might hope a little harder for Ike. His recaps are pretty entertaining.

11-Apr-18
Kota... lol!

Ike... just make sure you have someone there to take a quality kill photo, cool? :)

11-Apr-18
I'm rooting for him, but if the ears look floppy.........well........

11-Apr-18
I hope he puts a leak in a big one for sure.

11-Apr-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

11-Apr-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

11-Apr-18
Hell yeah I’m pullin for him! Just like I’m pulling for all of you’s to have a good season this year.

11-Apr-18
I'm pulling for him. If a 350 pound hunter can easily kill one, he should be able to kill 3 or 4. ;)

11-Apr-18
I'm pulling for everyone to have a great year putting big stuff on the ground, good luck Ike!

11-Apr-18
He'll get it done. Got any Iowa points, Ike?

11-Apr-18
I'm pulling for every bowsiter to arrow a P&Y whitetail this year! Assuming they have a valid tag for the area they are hunting ;) In a selfish manner I hope everyone gets a ton of big animals - and then post of hunt recaps for me to read and drool over :)

11-Apr-18
Well, geezzzz, guess I want everyone else to have a great year too, dang. Koom-ba-ya, hugs and back pats. :)

11-Apr-18
LOL!!!! Yeah way to get all touchy feely bro, jk

11-Apr-18
it got awkward all of a sudden

11-Apr-18
Nope. Humans are at their best when trying to overcome a big challenge. Batman needs the Joker.

11-Apr-18
I hope he kills a monster. I just hope the monster I kill is bigger :) That goes for everyone else too.

I for one would start the collection plate for a little tripod and phone holder to send to Ike. . . . so we can get some good pics.

I still laugh out loud when I think of his hunt recap where he stuck the little bear in the arm :) That's some funny *(*^

11-Apr-18
Two words, buddy: Corn Pile...

11-Apr-18
Lou... now look, I was trying to keep Sito out of this!

11-Apr-18
Hell Lou, don’t give away all the secrets for killin a P&Y whitetail!

11-Apr-18
I am not pullin anything on Ike. oh.. for Ike. sorry

11-Apr-18
Charlie....what happens if that buck puts on a bunch of non typical points from that injury, Ike kills him, but due to too many deductions, it still misses the book?!

Good luck, Ike!

11-Apr-18
He needs to set-up a GO FUND ME and we'll all pitch in to make it happen.

11-Apr-18
Shoot, Bowboy... he don't need no funding! Someone could fund me for a couple elk tags though. lol

11-Apr-18
I am rooting for him, but if he shoots the wounded buck from last year as Charlie suggests that buck will be a non-typical this year and he won't net the 155"s to make the book!! :-) Shawn

11-Apr-18
I'm betting on Ike.

11-Apr-18
I’m definitely pullin for Ike! He’s the man! Now... who wants to pull my finger?

11-Apr-18
If Ike kills a P&Y buck and tags his post on Bowsite #HDYLMK, he'll be my new hero.

11-Apr-18
If he has to use tracking spiders, does it still qualify as "fair chase".

11-Apr-18
Ike's a killer. He'll get it done. Dead deer walking. Good luck buddy!

11-Apr-18
Ike da man

11-Apr-18
I would pull for ike. But im fat and i would get really tired trying to pull for him. Plus ive never performed CPR on anybody so i prib couldnt help him any. Im heading to my wife's warm bed now.....;^)

12-Apr-18
Hilarious :)

I won't be hunting where I shot the 150 in the humerus. That was a limited entry tag. I may hunt it again in 2019, but as long as I don't draw some crazy OIL november sheep tag in the next couple months, I'll be putting in for one of the easier-to-draw Iowa units this year. I have a farm to hunt, but there's only one strip of trees on it so I won't be able to hunt it much and I'll need a north or south wind with anything out of the west messing it up, so I'll probably be on public most of the time.

12-Apr-18
Don't kill that P&Y on private Ike, or the this whole thing will have gone to hell in a hand basket :)

Just kidding obviously... killing a P&Y whitetail would be great, anywhere. Best of luck!

12-Apr-18
Go get 'em Iddy!

I am hoping to burn my 4 Iowa pts this year and maybe get me a P&Y Whitey buck.

Good luck, Robb

12-Apr-18
I'm rooting for you Ike. But, mostly, I hope that you kill a P&Y whitetail quickly so that you can write up a recap and then go back to taking adventurous hunts. I would much rather read about how you fjorded a river, lept across a couple of crevasses, and then picked your way across a steep scree field in order to put your final arrow into a mountain goat before having to fight off a brown bear. A lot of guys here (me included) want to hear more about your Alaskan adventures.

12-Apr-18
Hopefully he has some more Alaskan adventures planned this fall! The hunting is too good there not to devote the time to it.

12-Apr-18
I am

12-Apr-18
I’m pulling for Ike hard.May I suggest the fine menu from Casey General Store to turn your luck .....

12-Apr-18
Alaska????

There ain’t no P&Y white tails in Alaska!!!

Everybody knows Alaska hunting is way overrated!

I want to hear about all Ike’s hair raising adventures hunting real big game from a tree! Much more dangerous hanging and sitting tree stands and just traveling around in the lower 48 than up in that frozen wasteland of Alaska!

Will have to keep a close eye on ‘ol Ike next year! He might just end up with a couple of book white tails!

12-Apr-18
Good lord! Nobody said we wanted a write up of his WT hunt. We just want him to kill those easy, public land, P&Y Whitetails. Yes, then go back and do some Alaskan write ups, fully clothed please. ;)

12-Apr-18
Absolutely! Go Ike!

12-Apr-18

Pigsticker's embedded Photo
Pigsticker's embedded Photo
I am pulling for you Ike! The picture is of one of those easy public land hunts that was successful. This area was littered with trucks at the one and only parking access point (232A) and tree stands were every hundred yards or so on the perimeter. An hour walk in the dark and a 3.5 hour drag was hard enough for a 59 year old fat man ;)

12-Apr-18
Pigsticker, just bone them out like you would an elk. I won't drag a deer more than 100 yards. Too much work.

I'm hunting Dall's this August and going back to Kodiak in 2019. I was supposed to hunt Grizz next week but my snow machine that I had access to fell through.

If I shoot a Dall and not a P&Y WT, I think I'm going to have some explaining to do...

12-Apr-18
I'd start researching crow recipes if I were you. Really though, no schadenfreude on my end, good luck.

12-Apr-18
Ike, old habits are hard to break. It was long ago that you had to check the whole animal in at a check station. Some states still require that you do. I just thought it was good example of beating the crowd on a heavily hunted public parcel.

12-Apr-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Good looking spot, Pigsticker! Assuming you don't hunt there anymore? lol

12-Apr-18
I love a good inside corner!!

12-Apr-18
I do not but the amazing thing was the buck coming from southern most ag land.

12-Apr-18
Shoot one Ike. Southwest or northwest wind work in your spot? Seems like we get a lot of those.

12-Apr-18
I hope he shoots a dandy that scores 124 7/8" net.

jk, I hope he has a great hunt.

12-Apr-18
12yards, that'd actually be hilarious and just my luck.

patdel, not really. West is absolutely the worst. My best options are N, NE, S, and SE. There are places that I could make those winds work, but they're not the ideal place for a stand.

12-Apr-18
Maybe you could get one of those Connecticut guys to take you under their wing. You could do semi live hunt. Just think of all of the possibilities if you killed one there! East of the Mississippi. Actual deer sighting. Shame EmbryOklahoma for his bogus Connecticut semi live post several months ago.

13-Apr-18
I like Ike...

13-Apr-18
Well.... I would.... but all that added extra pressure an all.....

Nawwww..... get em Ike. Then say "well I'd enter it but I'm just not into all that scoring stuff....." =D

13-Apr-18
" Shame EmbryOklahoma for his bogus Connecticut semi live post several months ago." I actually killed something too. :)

• Sitka Gear