Guardian Hunter 14-Apr-18
Woods Walker 14-Apr-18
Neubauer 14-Apr-18
Bou'bound 14-Apr-18
Mule Power 14-Apr-18
wildwilderness 14-Apr-18
Bob H in NH 14-Apr-18
14-Apr-18
Iv e never used one but curious, what benefits (if any) do you get by using a hunt broker? Why not just talk to the guide/outfitter himself? And book your own hunt?

14-Apr-18
The broker oftentimes carries more clout as they are a repeat customer of the outfitter, and in many cases have actually been on a hunt with them. Excellent hunts can be booked either way. Jack Atcheson and Sons in Butte, Montana is a great resource for hunts all over the world.

14-Apr-18
I think Hunting Consultant is a better term. You make it sound like a stock broker who just buts low and sells high possibly with a transaction fee. A consultant saves you the trouble of doing research. A reputable one has a line up of outfitters that have proven to provide quality services. Most likely the consultant has hands on experience hunting with his outfitters so he can answer your questions based on personal experience. I hope that makes sense.

14-Apr-18
Assuming you don't know the guide or anyone that has gone on a hunt with him, and assuming the Consultant is legit and independent. Seems like he would have some value in helping to make sure, for a little extra money that you get into a good hunt with a good outfitter. That would be a worthy consideration based on how much hunts cost these days. I could see it going the other way too though, where he has an "in" with certain outfitters and pushes clients that way. Kind of like a real estate agent............

14-Apr-18
I get emails from a couple that often are selling landowner tags in various states. They seem like a good way to get into hard to draw areas or maybe limited access areas.

14-Apr-18
If they are established and reputable they know lots of outfitters that will be good. Different price ranges etc. Gives you a better chance of a good hunt without you having to do the research on outfitters

14-Apr-18
Scott Alberda here on the bowsite is an upstanding broker. We, through bowsite, used him for a bear hunt and he was great. I think his hand is something like BNAA guy...

14-Apr-18
Mule Power- consultant / broker....same thing. But if consultant makes you feel better thats fine with me. lol

So really you are getting someone that has already "did the research"? I guess I enjoy the research. Was just curious I guess. As with picking an outfitter, I can see were picking a consultant is just as important. I get emails from them all the time. When they do have something I'm interested in my first question is always Who's the Outfitter? and then do my own research.

14-Apr-18
+1 for Scott Alberda! He is objective and accurate! When you are investing big bucks into a hunt it really pays to work with someone who has already been there done that.

14-Apr-18
I'm always broker AFTER I hunt!

14-Apr-18
I’ve booked 13 hunts with Scott of B&AA. It doesn’t cost anymore to use his service and he does almost all the research on the outfitters.

14-Apr-18
Use the booking agent and then do your own extra research on the outfitter. Don’t go on just one reference even if it is the consultants. BSC and Mark Buehrer are top notch.

14-Apr-18
Often times you don’t pay any extra for consultant services either. The Outfitters I book for pay me a percentage and the hunter pays the same as if he booked direct.

14-Apr-18
I have never used one yet, but have friends who have.

One advantage I can see is if things go bad. You have a 3rd party to go to for help. The outfitter will have to answer to the broker/consultant which is potentially way more damaging than a hunter who (on expensive hunts) may never come back again anyway. Especially if money is handled through a broker you have more options as well if it gets that bad.

Usually it doesn't cost any more to use the broker/consultant and it's in their best interest to send you to a good outfit. That way you will trust them and hopefully become a repeat client.

14-Apr-18
I've. Ot used one, been on 5 hunts with 2 outfitters, been lucky.

I have a friend who rifle hunts mostly, he uses one exclusively

• Sitka Gear